Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Any Weird Holiday Traditions?

Posted by: Frank Giaramita (12/25/05)
I just wanted to personally wish everyone a happy holiday and apologize to those who have been trying to have news posted through me. It's been very tough this past week with the holidays and my grandma's recent visit to the hospital. Expect more out of me when the weekend closes out. On a completely different note, and out of curiosity, what kind of holiday traditions exist in your family?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
03:08 AM on 12/25/05
Pooavenger
Fuck Green Day
User Info.
Christmas Story on DVD. We all must watch.

Love,
Pooavenger
05:13 AM on 12/25/05
crzydrmmer
my name is adam, indeed
User Info.
Merry Christmas!
05:28 AM on 12/25/05
Salomonbz90
Public Sphere>Special Interest
User Info.
Hope your holidays go well Frank, enjoy it.
06:04 AM on 12/25/05
ThatGirl
Tell me a secret.
User Info.
I have younger siblings and since "Santa" doesnt visit them any more since theyre too old for it they make everyone stay up until midnight to open presents then go to bed. Kinda stupid. I tried to go to sleep this year and they wouldnt let me
06:16 AM on 12/25/05
jeremyfromva
Going back to my corner to write.
User Info.
We go see a movie on Christmas Eve

We go to my grandmother's for Christmas Breakfast which is the shit because my mom makes some sort of egg, cheese, bacon, and sausage casserole which she only makes once a year (which pisses me off) since its the only time I ever eat breakfast.
06:26 AM on 12/25/05
Meerch119
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the tree always tends to fall over on someone, but uh...yea
06:39 AM on 12/25/05
yanggoh
CuterThanTheAverageAsian
User Info.
since i'm the youngest, i tend to wake up at 5 in the morning on christmas day and run around like a wild hyena waking up my family to go open presents.
07:07 AM on 12/25/05
rufiocardtime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
07:37 AM on 12/25/05
thisgetupkid
On With The Show
User Info.
Originally Posted by Frank Giaramita
I just wanted to personally wish everyone a happy holiday and apologize to those who have been trying to have news posted through me. It's been very tough this past week with the holidays and my grandma's recent visit to the hospital. Expect more out of me when the weekend closes out. On a completely different note, and out of curiosity, what kind of holiday traditions exist in your family?

THE PICKLE...my mom hides a plastic pickle in the tree xmas morning then the 4 of us boys try to look for it. the person who finds it gets a best buy gift card..last year we all found it at once and it broke...so this year we have a new one...i'm getting pumped..i'm gonna win this year...is that just me?

We go to kansas city to my aunts house for a christmas eve party, then back home to sleep (and wrap last minute gifts). I have 3 older brothers who all live far away (Boston, San Fran, New york city)...and this is the only time of the year when all 6 of our family members are together. it's wonderful
08:09 AM on 12/25/05
aheroinmyeyes
No Life, Only Message Board
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by thisgetupkid
THE PICKLE...my mom hides a plastic pickle in the tree xmas morning then the 4 of us boys try to look for it. the person who finds it gets a best buy gift card..last year we all found it at once and it broke...so this year we have a new one...i'm getting pumped..i'm gonna win this year...is that just me?

Wow, I've never met anyone who does that too. We do the same thing, except its not plastic but glass, which makes the whole thing a little more dangerous. And I never win. I'm not sure if we're doing it this year, though.
08:19 AM on 12/25/05
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
User Info.
for the last 3 or 4 years my family goes to see a movie. last year it was meet the fockers...hopefully, this year it'll be something worthwhile. like king kong. or walk the line.
08:22 AM on 12/25/05
mysensesfailed3
AP.Net's Resident AtoZ Fan
User Info.
yanggohsince i'm the youngest, i tend to wake up at 5 in the morning on christmas day and run around like a wild hyena waking up my family to go open presents.SAME
08:54 AM on 12/25/05
tsunami_bomber
i'm sick of my user name
User Info.
haha we used to hide the pickle too. but now that my brother and i are older, my parents have started some new traditions. on xmas eve, we start drinking kahlua at 2 in the afternoon and watch sumo wrestling. today, we start drinking at noon and we'll play poker.
08:58 AM on 12/25/05
joelmole
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
im jewish
its chinese food and a movie for us
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives