Password

03:56 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 28 Years Old
I obviously hit a nerve.

Yes, because you're behaving like an asshole, not because you stumbled onto some grand point.
03:57 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 28 Years Old
New Atheism = imperialism and colonialism

What's this & Liberation Theory?
04:04 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
LetterBomb31
// I M P O S S I B L E S O U L //
England
Male - 22 Years Old
Yes, because you're behaving like an asshole, not because you stumbled onto some grand point.
Highlight the parts in my original post where I act like an asshole.
04:06 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 28 Years Old
So you think it's a good idea to poison a child's mind with lies? How about teaching her to find strength within herself.

This ^^ is you being an asshole.
04:08 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
LetterBomb31
England
Male - 22 Years Old
This ^^ is you being an asshole.
Okay, perhaps I could have put it more diplomatically. But the way you go on, you'd think I was Hitler
04:10 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 28 Years Old
Okay, perhaps I could have put it more diplomatically. But the way you go on, you'd think I was Hitler

I said you were an asshole who thinks he's way smarter than he really is. Not quite Hitler.
04:22 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
LetterBomb31
England
Male - 22 Years Old
I said you were an asshole who thinks he's way smarter than he really is. Not quite Hitler.
Irony much? You could point me in the direction of articles that would help to make me as infinitely knowledgeable as you, but instead you choose to constantly shoot me down and refer to me as an "asshole" when I haven't even done anything that bad. You really are insufferable.
04:28 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 28 Years Old
Irony much? You could point me in the direction of articles that would help to make me as infinitely knowledgeable as you, but instead you choose to constantly shoot me down and refer to me as an "asshole" when I haven't even done anything that bad. You really are insufferable.

Oh? Point you to the article that gives you all the answers for the universe?

The reason you're an asshole is because you act like YOU have the answer when NOBODY knows the answers to the universe, God, etc. I may be insufferable, I'm definitely an asshole, but at least I'm not an insufferable asshole who is convinced they're right and everyone else is wrong.

There's a big difference between having a strong opinion and shoving half-assed ideas down people's throat - you, and the religious people you can't stand, are really good at the latter.
04:39 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
deanster321
Ded
Huddersfield, UK
Male - 23 Years Old
i'm going to make a bold statement here, that i think i mostly stand by.
christianity should be about everything but judging someone. if i'm wrong show me the part of the bible where jesus said it's ok (for a human) to judge.
Well, every reference to judging others in the Bible that I can think of is speaking out against it. It's probably as good a take on Christianity as most people's anyway.
04:42 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
LetterBomb31
England
Male - 22 Years Old
Oh? Point you to the article that gives you all the answers for the universe?
Did I say that? No, I didn't. What I meant was point me to some articles that would be a starting point for me understanding someone having beliefs like you (i.e. "I must defend all people who follow organized religion when someone calls them out for having slightly contrived beliefs! The best part is, I'm an atheist!").
Quote:
The reason you're an asshole is because you act like YOU have the answer when NOBODY knows the answers to the universe, God, etc. I may be insufferable, I'm definitely an asshole, but at least I'm not an insufferable asshole who is convinced they're right and everyone else is wrong.
I never do this. All I do is state my opinion strongly, just the same as you quite often do, and then people get all offended instead of responding to my posts with information that might make me think twice about what I'm saying. The weird thing is, people never seem like they're able to do that.

The best part of all this is that you seem to think you know me. I do believe that a God may exist, but then again, there is an infinite number of ideas out there as to why we exist. The concept of a God being behind our existence is just one of them. Organized religion for me, however, is so very transparent and easily dismantled.
Quote:
There's a big difference between having a strong opinion and shoving half-assed ideas down people's throat - you, and the religious people you can't stand, are really good at the latter.
That's where you're wrong. I never shove my ideas down people's throats. I state my opinion and then people start insulting me. Note that I never referred to Birdman with any derogatory terms and yet in his response all he could do was make petty remarks about me. When describing religion, I chose the word "lies" which is quite a soft word when compared to terms like "bullshit", "bird crap", "fabricated bullshit nonsense", etc. Referring to religion as "lies" isn't being an asshole. You seem like you're one of these types who thinks religious beliefs deserve the same amount of respect as animals, human rights, etc...
04:50 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
deanster321
Ded
Huddersfield, UK
Male - 23 Years Old
That's where you're wrong. I never shove my ideas down people's throats. I state my opinion and then people start insulting me. Note that I never referred to Birdman with any derogatory terms and yet in his response all he could do was make petty remarks about me. When describing religion, I chose the word "lies" which is quite a soft word when compared to terms like "bullshit", "bird crap", "fabricated bullshit nonsense", etc. Referring to religion as "lies" isn't being an asshole. You seem like you're one of these types who thinks religious beliefs deserve the same amount of respect as animals, human rights, etc...
Yeah, I don't think you have quite done that, or at least I haven't seen it. But I think you do still word your posts pretty strongly sometimes which makes it a lot easier for people to be dismissive, speaking as someone who doesn't disagree with the general idea of what you're saying.
04:52 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
LetterBomb31
England
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah, I don't think you have quite done that, or at least I haven't seen it. But I think you do still word your posts pretty strongly sometimes which makes it a lot easier for people to be dismissive, speaking as someone who doesn't disagree with the general idea of what you're saying.
Well that's fair enough, but I have been making an effort lately to not be quite so aggressive and I think if you saw some of my posts on the same subject from two years ago, you'd probably agree that I have improved. I guess I'll have to try a little harder though.
04:54 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 28 Years Old

I don't defend religion (pretty sure there's a decent amount of my posts in this thread to back that up), I just don't like seeing self-righteous pricks saying things like 'religion poisons minds' when you couldn't hold a fucking candle to the intelligent religious and non-religious posters in here. Your condemnations or religion (organized or otherwise) is about as elementary & basic as it gets.

Reel in your vitrolic bullshit - you sound as angry as a WBC member; seem just a dogmatic, too.
04:55 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 28 Years Old
Well that's fair enough, but I have been making an effort lately to not be quite so aggressive and I think if you saw some of my posts on the same subject from two years ago, you'd probably agree that I have improved. I guess I'll have to try a little harder though.

Couldn't quote your multi-quote - on a phone. Feel free to read my post above.
04:58 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
LetterBomb31
England
Male - 22 Years Old
Right, so when talking about religion, unless I refer to it in only the most gentle of terms, I'm a self-righteous prick.

I do intend on reading into the subject more later on in life when I'm not studying for a degree. Don't have the time to read any books at the moment other than the ones related to my course, unless I want my entire life to consist of reading.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos