Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 49
05:40 PM on 05/13/09
WFUJerseyJon
Murderer's Row '09
User Info.
Dude I can handle the bong, any chance you got a pick-up? We can tailgate somewhere beforehand. Everyone knows the only way to do a Dave show is to be completely wasted, brah.
Duhhh, babe. I got a pick up. And I'll bring my iPod speakers so we can blast 80's music, rap, and the DMB songs we're about to hear at the concert.
05:42 PM on 05/13/09
lindZ629
Hold my hand just one more time
User Info.
Duhhh, babe. I got a pick up. And I'll bring my iPod speakers so we can blast 80's music, rap, and the DMB songs we're about to hear at the concert.
Make a sickass playlist with I Did It, Space Between, Where Are You Going, and Crash...girls love that shit.
07:25 PM on 05/13/09
prkchpsndwchs
User Info.
Bro's in California are SO different than bro's people speak of on this site, because bro's here do not even know who Dave Matthews is.
08:45 PM on 05/13/09
on a frequency
did they go to the zoo? supposably.
User Info.
WTF i don't have fuse :(
08:52 PM on 05/13/09
on a frequency
User Info.
since youve posted only 3 times i will let you go, but its the internet and its called an opinon, you like dmb, good for you, awesome. i dont, so i expressed my personal opinion. thanks!
there may be a small difference between expressing personal opinion and calling music performed with talent nonsense noise. most bands just replay what they have already recorded at their shows; at least these guys have enough talent to whip up something original and musically interesting on the spot, and it tends to sound really well done. it's ok if you hate them or think they're the worst band or whatever, but there is really not any point or sense in calling their music nonsense noise... if the instruments are well-played and the sounds work well together, i don't see why it can't be called music. all i'm sayin.
09:18 PM on 05/13/09
Jaynicgurl
Free Flow Jazz Odyssey Enthusiast
User Info.
Bro's in California are SO different than bro's people speak of on this site, because bro's here do not even know who Dave Matthews is.
True.

Bros here = lifted truck, covered in Famous Stars and Stripes and no fear, loves Kottonmouth Kings, Pennywise, etc.

Gah.
10:07 PM on 05/13/09
W/O a Parachute
User Info.
I love the cover of Tex Ritter's Rye Whiskey, they've played it a few times this tour.
10:34 PM on 05/13/09
dissident
the true stroker ace
User Info.
man when his voice is on, it's fucking ON
11:59 PM on 05/13/09
SlowButSpeeding
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This.

Super this.

New song is tight, like it a lot. Though you're an idiot for thinking it's "nonsense noise". I personally think seeing/hearing some of the most talented musicians out there improv and jam out giving new life to their songs is better any day than a band trying to replicate exactly how a recorded version of a song sounds with significant less energy any day.

I knew you'd be in here.
PERFECTLY said. Every band on this site can only replicate their album sound and if they can do that they're considered great. DMB changes their performance every night. And whoever made the comment about this being a place for opinions. There's a difference between saying you just don't like something and saying that the music is "nonsense noise." What you do and don't like is a matter of taste and I respect that. But you can't go any further than that
12:00 AM on 05/14/09
SlowButSpeeding
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
there may be a small difference between expressing personal opinion and calling music performed with talent nonsense noise. most bands just replay what they have already recorded at their shows; at least these guys have enough talent to whip up something original and musically interesting on the spot, and it tends to sound really well done. it's ok if you hate them or think they're the worst band or whatever, but there is really not any point or sense in calling their music nonsense noise... if the instruments are well-played and the sounds work well together, i don't see why it can't be called music. all i'm sayin.
wow I made my last post before reading this...glad we said the exact same thing
07:38 AM on 05/14/09
Hainzey X
destiny found.
User Info.
Neo-hippies and jocks are stoked for this.
ahaha is that really their fan base ? i always wondered.
10:14 AM on 05/14/09
on a frequency
User Info.
wow I made my last post before reading this...glad we said the exact same thing
haha yeah after i posted it i realized someone had said practically the same thing before me. glad to know there are some other people who get that the fact that you don't like something doesn't automatically mean it sucks!

p.s., nice username. that's my favorite dmb song i think. it changes a bit.
05:19 PM on 05/14/09
dissident
the true stroker ace
User Info.
ahaha is that really their fan base ? i always wondered.
considering i'm neither, no. it's laughable what some of you people listen to and tout as music then disrespect this band. any drummer loved on this site would shit his pants after 20 seconds of watching carter beauford play.
08:11 PM on 05/14/09
Hainzey X
destiny found.
User Info.
considering i'm neither, no. it's laughable what some of you people listen to and tout as music then disrespect this band. any drummer loved on this site would shit his pants after 20 seconds of watching carter beauford play.

hey man, i wasn't taking any shots at the band. i know little about DMB and was just curious to see if there were any accuracy to some of the jokes people were making.
08:41 PM on 05/14/09
lindZ629
Hold my hand just one more time
User Info.
hey man, i wasn't taking any shots at the band. i know little about DMB and was just curious to see if there were any accuracy to some of the jokes people were making.
There is absolutely 0% accuracy to every joke in this thread. These so-called stereotypes barely even exist.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos