Username
Password
Recording News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recording
Inside AP.net

Jeremy Larson + Sleeping at Last = Heaven

Posted by: Steve Henderson (05/13/09)
Sleeping at Last have enlisted the help of Jeremy Larson on their new album.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
06:59 PM on 05/13/09
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
SLEEPING AT LAST! first!
07:01 PM on 05/13/09
HometownHero
User Info.
Oh my god. This is going to be beautiful
07:02 PM on 05/13/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Two of my favorite artists teaming up...amazing.
07:04 PM on 05/13/09
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Wow, this should be amazing.
07:14 PM on 05/13/09
Jordachejeans91
User Info.
Oh my god i cant wait for this, this will be amazing
07:19 PM on 05/13/09
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
Thought that it said Karl Larson at first, of Last Days Of April.
07:19 PM on 05/13/09
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
holy awesome
08:03 PM on 05/13/09
thechrisformat
let's tune out
User Info.
This is going to be beautiful.
08:09 PM on 05/13/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
can you copy/paste the bulletin? ty
Happy Mother's Day!

Wherever you are right now, we hope the weather is as lovely as it is here in Illinois today. It just occurred to me that we've never worked on a record during the Spring (or any season with nice weather!).. I really like it. Our previous albums were made during the cold, lonely winter days.. so, even though we barely get to be outside and enjoy this nice weather lately, it's very nice to know it's there.

Things are going great here, as we continue to work hard on our brand new album! We're having such a wonderful time! So far, it's been a very smooth and exciting process. In a few weeks, we'll go back into the studio to record all of the string arrangements for the album (which, as we've stated before, is our favorite part of the process!) We're very excited to say the least!

AWESOME-PERSON FEATURE: JEREMY LARSON.

As we mentioned in our last email, we plan to feature one of the amazing people that has contributed to this new album, in each upcoming newsletter.

For this newsletter, we're very excited to introduce you to our friend, Jeremy Larson! Jeremy is an extraordinarily gifted musician from Springfield, Missouri. Jeremy's talent is gorgeously displayed in his wonderful solo music, but also, more recently, in his work as a string arranger and performer. A few months back he introduced himself to us, kindly offered his string arranging talents and asked if we were interested in working together sometime. We were very impressed with his previous works (which includes string arrangements for MuteMath, Eisley, as well as in his solo music.) When it comes to arranging strings, we've previously never worked outside of our team of arrangers, consisting of us and the wonderful, Susan Voelz (who we will be featuring very soon!) but we were so impressed with Jeremy's style of arranging, that we sent him a song of ours called "Chandeliers" to try out. To our amazement, Jeremy wrote an arrangement, played/recorded all of the strings on the song himself (Violins, Violas and Cellos galore!) all within a few days time. After our initial shock of how fast Mr. Larson works, we gave "Chandeliers" a listen and his arrangement and performance was simply beautiful! Jeremy has a very unique style of arranging (very lush and epic) and has an extremely unique way of going about writing the arrangements as well (he presses record, plays along to the song and after dozens of layers, he sorts through it all and beauty emerges!) So, we are very excited and proud to feature Jeremy's gifts on this upcoming album. In addition to writing and performing strings for the song "Chandeliers," we asked Jeremy to perform misc. strings on a couple of our arrangements as well - on which he did an excellent job. Jeremy is a new pal of ours.. and oddly enough, we still have yet to meet in person! Our friendship thus far is bound together strictly by the glory of technology (internet and phone) and music, but we're very glad to know him and are so excited for you to hear his contribution to the album!

Please check out and support Jeremy Larson's music at: www.myspace.com/jeremylarson

Jeremy is also very interested in writing string arrangements for other artists, so be on the lookout for other upcoming projects of his as well!

A FEW REMINDERS...

For those of you that aren't already aware, we are constantly updating our Studio Journal and Sleeping At Last Twitter account, documenting our new album's progress! Please feel free to visit/read/follow, etc..

www.sleepingatlast.wordpress.com or: www.twitter.com/sleepingatlast

Also, just a quick reminder, here's a link to our current t-shirts that are on sale: www.sleepingatlast.com/emailExclusive/

Talk soon!

Love,
Ryan & Dan - Sleeping At Last
-

Here's another list of things that we love right now..

1. Pankun & James (a japanese tv show about a chimp and a bulldog that are best of friends.. you need to youtube this immediately.. it's a wonderful thing.)
2. Kontakt (an excellent software sampler/synthesizer that will be making many various appearances on our upcoming album!)
3. Arboretums (tree-museums that are both lovely and leafy)
4. American Idol (yeah, it's a guilty pleasure for sure, but we're hooked.. alison should have won though...)
08:13 PM on 05/13/09
chillinlikebob
User Info.
Two of my favorite artists teaming up...amazing.
Me too! I'm pumped.
08:20 PM on 05/13/09
Dunn.Nope
Registered Member
User Info.
man he's so talented, I hope he gets more recognition for what he does. just brilliant
09:12 PM on 05/13/09
ashiex3
Oh, but the world is a mess.
User Info.
I can't wait to hear it. I'm sure it will be amazing.
09:19 PM on 05/13/09
popofeliz
Maybe They Will Sing Us Tomorrow
User Info.
siiiiiiiick!
09:45 PM on 05/13/09
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Wow Jeremy Larson is so damn talented...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests