AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Warped Tour News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

2006 Taste Of Chaos Press Release

Posted by - 09:26 PM on 01/05/06
Below is the official press release for the 2006 Taste Of Chaos tour. The dates can be found at the very bottom of this post.

Taste of Chaos 2006Rockstar Energy Drink Presents taste Of Chaos;
Last Winter's Hugely Successful Tour Returns With Deftones, Thrice, Story of the Year, Atreyu, Thursday,
As I Lay Dying, Dredg, Silverstein And Funeral For A Friend Among 2006 Lineup;
Tickets On Sale Now; FUSE Television, MySpace.com, Alternative Press and Revolver Announced As Media Partners;

Tour To Kick Off February 16 In San Diego;

After 37 packed dates across the United States and Canada last Winter, followed by an equally successful international run which hit England, Scotland, Germany, Australia and Japan, The Taste of Chaos tour is back with another onslaught of Winter shows in the United States and Canada, featuring a who's-who of young, loud, aggressive bands.

Kevin Lyman, the brainchild behind the Vans Warped Tour, has once again created a model for more-bang-for-your-buck. Lyman says, "Our goal is to give fans a six hour arena show with a multimedia experience of live music and activities for under $30 bucks". The tour is scheduled to hit 46 cities in the U.S. and Canada between mid-February and mid-April. The multi-artist package in the U.S. will feature Deftones, Thrice, Atreyu, Story of the Year, As I Lay Dying, Dredg, Silverstein, Funeral For A Friend, The Receiving End of Sirens, Pelican, The Confession, Adair, Street Drum Corps, Greeley Estates, Millionaire, The Smashup and other special musical surprises to be announced. Thursday will replace Story of the Year for the Canadian portion of the tour.

ROCKSTAR Energy Drink has signed on to be the title sponsor of the 2006 tour and will be sampling their products, as well as coming up with some great surprises for attendees. Nintendo has returned as a second year sponsor so that fans can play the coolest new Nintendo products and games in special gaming kiosks that will be set up at each venue. Other sponsors include Best Buy, Hot Topic and Ernie Ball (who will provide musical instruments for fans to test out.) FUSE Television, MySpace.com, Alternative Press and Revolver have signed on as official Taste of Chaos media partners.

Tickets for the 2006 edition of Taste Of Chaos are on sale now at www.tasteofchaos.com. Fans can also check in at the site for continuous pdates regarding the tour.

Having already spawned multiple soundtrack CD's and a Live DVD (which was recently featured as a 30 minute show on FUSE Television) Taste Of Chaos, like its summer sibling the Vans Warped Tour, is only getting bigger and better, offering fans the opportunity to see their favorite bands as well as take part in a number of activities including playing the newest video games, checking out acoustic performances, attending autograph signing sessions and a slew of interactive fan activities to be announced.

Here's what critics had to say about last year's Taste Of Chaos Tour:

"At Monday night's sold-out Taste of Chaos show it appeared that rock is not only healthy, but probably will be around as long as Beethoven.The bands, from the top to the bottom of the bill, were brimming with passion and energy--playing fiery versions of what someone once described as 'three chords and the truth.'"
-Brad Kava, The Mercury News

"This is punk rock in 2005: Taste Of Chaos-the winter cousin of the Vans Warped tour..Taste of Chaos has found an audience." -Annie Zaleski, Los Angeles Times

"Taste Of Chaos is already on track to be a success."-Jill Kipnis, Billboard/Reuters

".This six-hour show kept the chaos on-stage, where a slew of screamo-punk, post-hardcore and metal-influenced acts happily pulverized a sellout group of 7,000 plus fans." - Steve Morse, The Boston Globe

"What was once a distinct line between punk and metal has evolved into a gray area, with bands jumping with impunity between Ozzfest and Vans Warped festivals. [Taste Of Chaos] is a cornucopia of emo sounds. From screamo rock to hardcore hostility, every night offers its

own brand of cathartic release."-John Benson, The Cleveland Plain Dealer

TASTE OF CHAOS TOUR DATES
2/16 San Diego San Diego Sports Arena
BANDS : Deftones, Thrice, Atreyu, Story of The Year, As I Lay Dying, Funeral For A Friend, The Receiving End Of Sirens, American Eyes, Adair, Greeley Estates, Street Drum Corps

2/16 San Diego San Diego Sports Arena
BANDS : Deftones, Thrice, Atreyu, Story of The Year, As I Lay Dying, Funeral For A Friend, The Receiving End Of Sirens, American Eyes, Adair, Greeley Estates, Street Drum Corps

2/17 Phoenix, AZ Mesa Amphitheatre

2/18 El Paso, TX County Coliseum

2/20 Dallas, TX Nokia

2/21 San Antonio Freeman Coliseum

2/22 Houston, TX Verizon Wireless

2/24 Jacksonville, FL Metro Park

2/25 Orlando, FL Tinker Field

2/26 Miami, FL Pompano Beach Amphitheatre

2/28 Atlanta, GA Gwinnett Center

3/1 Norfolk, VA Convocation Center

3/3 East Rutherford, NJ Meadowlands

3/4 Philadelphia, PA Tweeter Center

3/6 Portland, ME Cumberland County Civic Center
BANDS : Deftones, Thrice, Atreyu, Story of The Year, As I Lay Dying, Funeral For A Friend, The Receiving End Of Sirens, Confession, Adair, Greeley Estates, Street Drum Corps

3/7 Boston, MA Tsongas
BANDS : Deftones, Thrice, Atreyu, Story of The Year, As I Lay Dying, Funeral For A Friend, The Receiving End Of Sirens, Confession, Adair, Greeley Estates, Street Drum Corps

3/8 Hartford, CT ArenaExpo Center

3/9 Poughkeepsie Mid Hudson Civic Center

3/10 Orchard Park, NY Fieldhouse at Raph Wilson Stadium

3/11 Detroit, MI Cobo Arena

3/13 St. Louis, MO Family Arena METROTIX

3/14 Chicago, IL UIC Pavilion

3/15 Cleveland, OH CSU Convocation Center

BANDS : Deftones, Thrice, Atreyu, Story of The Year, As I Lay Dying, Funeral For A Friend,

3/16 Toledo, OH Toledo Sports Arena

3/17 Dayton, OH Hara Arena
BANDS : Deftones, Thrice, Atreyu, Story of The Year, As I Lay Dying, Dredg, Pelican, Millionaire, Adair, Greeley Estates, Street Drum Corps

3/18 Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom (Rave)
BANDS : Deftones, Thrice, Atreyu, Story of The Year, As I Lay Dying, Dredg, Pelican, Millionaire, Adair, Greeley Estates, Street Drum Corps

3/19 St. Paul, MN Roy Wilkins

3/21 Fargo, ND Fargo Memorial Auditorium

3/22 Lincoln, NE Pershing Auditorium

3/23 Kansas City, KS Hale Arena

3/25 Denver, CO Filmore

3/27 Fresno, CA Selland Arena

3/28 San Jose, CA SJSU Events Center TICKETMASTER DUCATKING

3/29 Sacramento, CA Arco

3/30 Los Angeles, CA Long Beach Sports Arena/ LA sports Arena

4/1 Portland, OR The Pavilion-Oregon State Fairgrounds

4/2 Seattle, WA Everett events Center

4/3 Vancouver PNE (tentative show)
BANDS : Deftones, Thrice, Atreyu, Thursday, As I Lay Dying, Silverstein, Dredg, Confession, Adair, Greeley Estates, Street Drum Corps

4/5 Edmonton Shaw Events Center
BANDS : Deftones, Thrice, Atreyu, Thursday, As I Lay Dying, Silverstein, Dredg, Confession, Adair, Greeley Estates, Street Drum Corps

4/6 Calgary Saddledome

4/8 Saskatoon Credit Union Center

4/9 Winnipeg MTS Center

4/12 London John Labatte Centre

4/13 Toronto Arrow Hall

4/14 Ottawa Corel Center

4/15 Montreal Stade Uniprix

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
09:30 PM on 01/05/06
holdontightly
User Info.
why cant thursday play in the U.S :(
09:32 PM on 01/05/06
NFG4ever
Let's go RED WINGS !!
User Info.
booooooooo to SOTY not playing the canadian dates
09:32 PM on 01/05/06
Nick Lopez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
3/29 Sacramento, CA Arco

Deftones: posible
Thrice: check
Atreyu: posible
SOTY: x
As I Lay Dying: x
Dredg: check
Pelican: check

other stuff..don't know.

Tickets are only 50 bucks!!!!11
09:33 PM on 01/05/06
Nick Lopez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, but you get Thursday!

Thursday >>>>>>>>>>>SOTY
09:35 PM on 01/05/06
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
acoustic sets, eh?

a thrice acoustic set would probably require a new pair of pants for me. Hell, the deftones as well.
09:46 PM on 01/05/06
ilovebsb
yeah dude you canadians lucked out by having thursday play there. i feel kinda ripped off that we dont get a thursday but instead we get atreyu... YUCK! luck dudes
10:11 PM on 01/05/06
paul manley
go bruins!
User Info.
lucky canadians.
us americans have to sit through friggin atreyu and story of the year and shit
10:26 PM on 01/05/06
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
DAMMIT.

I'm not going now. I thought Dredg was supposed to be on the entire tour?
10:26 PM on 01/05/06
TimeAsIdeology
Strongarmin Hos Since '86
User Info.
No Pelican in NY = No Care Evar.
10:37 PM on 01/05/06
dubey
trillest
User Info.
:O

$40 with ticketmaster surcharge, ugh.
11:15 PM on 01/05/06
TimeAsIdeology
Strongarmin Hos Since '86
User Info.
Originally Posted by dubey
:O

$40 with ticketmaster surcharge, ugh.

Hahaha what?? For two good bands? Three if Pelican is playing. Man, tickets for a day of hellfest never cost that much, and that was always at least 30-35 bands.
12:17 AM on 01/06/06
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
User Info.
Lame. No Dredg at the MA date :(.
12:23 AM on 01/06/06
Emopunkthrice
Im fresh and positive
User Info.
Originally Posted by FinchBulldog2
Lame. No Dredg at the MA date :(.
I'll trade you for Treos
12:53 AM on 01/06/06
knibl
riff breakdown solo
User Info.
Originally Posted by note to sself
Yeah, but you get Thursday!

Thursday >>>>>>>>>>>SOTY

i concur.

YES TORONTO!!!

and...maybe arrow hall won't be filled with 13 year old girls!!??

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos