Username
Password

11:24 PM on 01/07/06 
User Info.
Gabe Gross
No Avatar Selected
Bellingham, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
So I had Evan (RockVocalPower) help me out this time with recommendations. Enjoy!

-----------------

My Recommendations

Explosions in the Sky – I recently watched Friday Night Lights again and am still head over heels or EITS. They are truly extraordinary and epic musicians.

Animal Collective – Very jaunting and creative indie-rock that reminds me of a Wes Anderson film.

Further Seems Forever – Listen to The Moon is Down and How To Start a Fire. And actually listen to the way each album is vocalized and constructed with the songs. I guarantee that if you are not an FSF and you really put your heart into it, I think you can see some great songs and great poetry. RIP FSF.

----------------

Evan’s Recommendations

Farewell - If there was ever a book on how to write a killer hook, these guys would be the authors. Check out three demos that will appear on their new album.

The Mile After - new Rushmore signees. I've seen these guys seven times and they get better each time. Expect BIG things from their debut.

The Ataris - The acoustic shows have restored my faith in Kris and the boys. Listen to the new song clips on their Myspace.

Action Reaction - It's not "How to Start a Fire," but come on...Jason Gleason.

Anberlin - It's a shame this band didn't get any push from Tooth and Nail, because they put out one of the absolute best albums of 2005.
11:25 PM on 01/07/06 
User Info.
boekebong
lemon lyman
Portland
Male - 30 Years Old
Nice Gabe.
11:33 PM on 01/07/06 
User Info.
Gabe Gross
No Avatar Selected
Bellingham, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
Originally Posted by boekebong
Nice Gabe.

Bro...why dont i see you online anymore? I miss you. Hit me up soon.
01:36 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
Caleb Cattivera
Cupid of Absolutepunk
anberlin got the shit pushed out of them...

they were in nearly every ap...had commercials on fuse if im not mistaken...anberlin is one of t and n's priorities. they had some of the biggest tours out of all tooth and nail bands, minus underoath.
02:12 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
kazuma_ootaro28
Male - 27 Years Old
Once the second single "Paperthin Hymn" comes out, Anberlin should get an even bigger push.

The Ataris clips are awesome, as well as the last three releases from Explosions In The Sky.
02:21 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
Houston, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by Gabe Gross
Further Seems Forever – Listen to The Moon is Down and How To Start a Fire. And actually listen to the way each album is vocalized and constructed with the songs. I guarantee that if you are not an FSF and you really put your heart into it, I think you can see some great songs and great poetry. RIP FSF.

for the love of god, the only rec needed this week. i brought those 2 records out as a tribute, and its really sad to listen to them. haha.
02:48 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
cliffordz
Brisbane, Queensland
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm thinking about going to see Anberlin when they come here. Do they put on a good live show?
03:53 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
Talib Scottie
Isn't it a pity?
Raleigh, NC
Male - 30 Years Old
Farewell holler. My roomate was in the original incarnation of that band, which the only current member from that was Jeff.
04:20 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
TheShotgunCross
....cannonball!
Melbourne, VIC
Male
Originally Posted by cliffordz
I'm thinking about going to see Anberlin when they come here. Do they put on a good live show?

They did last time.
08:25 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
Sureshot182
Just growing up to die.
217, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
the way you describe fsf is perfect. they aren't a band that jumps out with you with huge pop songs, but if you really listen, and actually listen, music does not get much better. i tried checking out explosions in the sky, but i can't find any music to listen to. where do i go to do that?
09:00 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
Male - 27 Years Old
Originally Posted by Talib Scottie
Farewell holler. My roomate was in the original incarnation of that band, which the only current member from that was Jeff.

Jordan?

I just broke out their original demo a few days ago.
10:09 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
Male - 27 Years Old
I forgot one:

The Appreciation Post - hyper-catchy synth-pop/rock from Boston. For fans of Weezer and The Get Up Kids.
10:21 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
boekebong
lemon lyman
Portland
Male - 30 Years Old
Originally Posted by Gabe Gross
Bro...why dont i see you online anymore? I miss you. Hit me up soon.

Miss you too Gabe. Dude, my life is f'ed right now. I came home for Christmas and as soon as I got here my step-mom all of a sudden won't let me stay at my dad's house. I'm basically a squatter with my friends. It sucks.
10:46 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
nagohmada
New York, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
the mile after and farewell, great choices. and if you dig what you hear and live in the raleigh area, go check both bands out this friday at the brewery. i've seen the mile after at about every venue in nc and i think the best shows have been at the brewery and farewell puts on a great show too. i'm excited to see them play the new stuff.
11:49 AM on 01/08/06 
User Info.
Garett Press
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Male - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I want to see Explosions in the Sky live soooooo bad! You don't even know... and obviously RIP FSF... How to Start a Fire is an underrated classic. Way ahead of its time. Gabe... god bless you and your good looks.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos