5. The Point
6. Wait For The Sun
7. Looking For Memories
8. 70 Miles Far Away
9. Broken Car
10. Never Falling Star
11. The Ghost Track
12. Xmas Girl (Bonus Track)

Though they may call Rome, Italy home, Vanilla Sky dishes out American-style pop punk very much reminiscent of Yellowcard, Never Heard of It, Home Grown, Mest, and the like—with fanciful Italian accents thrown in for good measure. Uptempo, full of soaring choruses, plentiful harmonies, and finished off with glossy production, Waiting for Something, Vanilla Sky’s debut full length, will appeal to those who are content with sing-along, MTV-ready pop punk, but don’t demand much from their music.

As many of you may know, I’m a huge fan of pop punk, but Waiting for Something is just too generic for me to get into, and the songwriting isn't quite there. I feel like I’ve heard all these songs before (never with Italian accents though!), and the songs don’t seem to stick like other pop punk records, so the album doesn’t really do much to excite me. Songs such as “Wait for the Sun” and “The Ghost Track” are on the right track with their fast, punk-based drums and anthemic choruses, but the slower, more ballad-esque songs, namely “Unfriend” and “Looking for Memories,” leave much to be desired.

As I’ve mentioned before, check out Waiting For Something if you’re into straight up modern pop punk, but I’m warning you, if you’re not a fan of Never Heard of It et al.: steer clear.
This review is a user submitted review from Rohan Kohli. You can see all of Rohan Kohli's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
09:38 AM on 01/09/06
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
User Info.
The accents are almost amusing at times. A lot like Useless ID.
08:04 PM on 01/09/06
monkeyboyrock
is a fargin icehole!!!
User Info.
Hey everybody, if you like the Travoltas, then totally get into this...and the same with the other way around, cause they both rule...AND sing with funny accents!!!
11:34 AM on 01/18/06
lassise
User Info.
he sounds a lot like yellowcard. but now that i read they are from another country i hate his voice hahaha ARGH! distance is a good song, atleast when you pretend its yellowcard
09:48 PM on 02/06/10
BehcetWilliam
User Info.
quality
09:53 PM on 02/06/10
BehcetWilliam
User Info.
good

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives