Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 14
Displaying posts 195 - 210 of 210.
06:03 PM on 05/21/09
guill89
The Proud, The Loud, The Many
User Info.
lately I've been into a great band that AP introduce me...i've been a fans of blink 182..but now..my favorite band is defenitly BrokenCYDE!

lol.. just kidding
06:06 PM on 05/21/09
ValleyForge
User Info.
Hmmm...the song that opened me up to real music, not the radio bull I used to listen to, was The Mixed Tape by Jack's Mannequin. That song changed my life.

My favorite bands are...Anberlin, Jack's Mannequin, Manchester Orchestra, Say Anything, Brand New, Blink-182, Bayside, Thrice, UnderOath, Radiohead, Relient K, and John Mayer. Big difference than listening to whatever rap they were feeding me from the radio. Those bands have each in a small way changed who I am. Especially Anberlin. They have been and always will be my favorite band.
06:36 PM on 05/21/09
ValleyForge
User Info.
also, i just ordered the dangerous summer from hopeless. I hope im not dissapointed
07:54 PM on 05/21/09
ikikwe
I'm looking for the upsides
User Info.
I was ushered into this scene in fourth grade when I bough Enema Of The State on a whim. It was edited, naturally, but I fell in love with blink immediately. That same year, Take Off Your Pants and Jacket came out, so I bought that as well. I grew to love pop-punk, and also became a huge fan of the Offspring. As I grew older, I phased in and out between loving Blink and kind of hiding the fact that I loved them by saying I really liked Nine Inch Nails. In 10th grade, I dropped the entire charade and fell back in love with Blink-182, but also started getting into All Time Low and bands of the like. The next year, I realized the new crop of pop punk was lacking the emotion that I so heavily invested in my music, and that it held nothing for me. As my senior year comes to an end, I find myself listening to a large amount of older pop-punk as well as a good amount of folk/indie. It was an interesting experience for me, no doubt, but I feel like I'm coming into my own after all these years. It's a good feeling.
08:44 PM on 05/21/09
Takk...Ros
No, I am not sorry
User Info.
Something Corporate was the first band I really heard that wasn't on the radio. It was the one that showed me there was music outside of the mainstream and they will always hold a very special place in my heart because of it (cheesy I know haha). But, my music taste has very quickly expanded from pop-punk to more indie, alternative bands and artists. I love SoCo, Blink, and Midtown as much as the next person, but Brand New, Manchester Orchestra, Sigur Ros, Silversun Pickups, Lydia, etc. have been dominating my playlist. I also notice that I REALLY love artists with great lyrics. I can forgive a band for pretty much anything if their lyrics are good.
Another (and somewhat unrelated point) is that becasue I'm younger than a lot of you, I don't have some of the "classic" albums. I'm having a hard time getting all of those and keeping up with what's new in the music world. Tell All Your Friends has most of you writing about how it changed your life and I've never heard a single song lol.
09:56 PM on 05/21/09
boxingwithstars
I want love for us all
User Info.
my taste in music has definitely evolved a lot over the years, but i've never disowned anything i used to listen to. i still like to pop in Say It Like You Mean It in the car or at a party and sing along, but i don't connect with a band like TSL anymore the way i used to. that's just part of growing up, i guess. things become more about nostalgia and less about what they actually meant to you. there are some albums and bands that still hit me as hard as they once did, but most of them don't.

at some point during my high school career i started listening to bands like The Format, Neutral Milk Hotel, Rilo Kiley, Cursive, and Bright Eyes. that was what got me into the "indie" music scene i guess. when i went to college my taste in music started to change drastically... which i'm sure is the case for most people. i had more of an urge to discover new music. i was going to shows much more often. i started to appreciate bands like Brand New more... i didn't go back and truly fall in love with Deja until after i heard TDAG. i started to mellow out with my music choices and began listening to a lot more Elliott Smith, Iron & Wine, and Sufjan Stevens.

in the last year, i've found myself going back and listening to influential bands i missed out on like Pavement, Built To Spill, and The Replacements. i've also been listening to a lot more folk music, which is something i never used to care for in it's true form. overall, my music taste today is much quieter than it used to be.
01:31 AM on 05/22/09
RAMROD85
Life is what you make it.
User Info.
Which crows album? for me it has to be this desert life, hands down.

my tastes have been changing over the past few years and although there are bands i've consistently loved (counting crows, blink, jimmy eat world) about a year ago was when i couldn't listen to the heavier stuff i used to love (underoath, alexisonfire, thursday) as it just irritated me more.
as this year has gone on my favourite bands have changed from stuff like brand new and manchester orchestra to more laid back stuff (electric president, good old war, frightened rabbit).
if i want to rock out i'll throw on dear and the headlights or incubus.

folky-rock and laid-back music is the way forward (see: electric president, dear and the headlights, good old war, frightened rabbit, counting crows, death cab for cutie (early stuff), modest mouse, minus the bear, the shins & radical face)
when I was a kid, my mom used to always play August and Everything After, so that cd is probably my favorite. But now I have the greatest hits album, and I spin the whole thing on a weekly basis. I love all of it and it's a fantastic mix of all their stuff.
01:34 AM on 05/22/09
RAMROD85
User Info.
Really? I've been to two ATL shows and both of them weren't like that. Sure there were a bunch of girls trying to look nice, but they didn't just stand there the whole time and take pictures and videos. They did move haha.
I have seen ATL at least 10 times in the last 2 and a half years, and the best show was the first one I saw them headline.

you are undoubtedly lucky if kids move at the shows you go to. Last show I saw them play was bamboozle and everyone was bitching that ppl were pushing, so I moved to the back to dance by myself. I should go to wherever you live because I would LOVE to see ATL perform with a fun crowd again.
04:54 AM on 05/22/09
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
My musical tastes really haven't changed that much from a few years ago. Lots of screamo/metalcore, throw some Circa in there, and a good mix of pop-punk, as is customary for anyone on this site. I get a lot of shit for not being a very mature music listener, but you gotta do what makes you happy.

Though I hated Rise Against's Appeal to Reason at first, I seem to have found a new love for it this year. I thought it had a very "we've heard it all before" vibe to it, but obviously I wasn't listening very well. I'm glad I gave the record a second chance for sure.

I've completely missed the boat on Set Your Goals the first time around, but with the new record getting lots of love from Jason, I'm thinking I might still be able to get a seat on the bandwagon.

One band I missed the boat on entirely was Four Year Strong. I definitely should have listened to them sooner, but I'm really glad I got to see them with NFG last fall.
05:46 AM on 05/22/09
optimusrob
I will haunt your dreams
User Info.
The first song my older brother showed me was rotting vampire eyeballs or something from a band called Tsunami Bomb. from there on i kind of adopted his taste in punk with bands like the Ramones and The Clash. As i made new friends in school i went to listening to some more pop punk stuff like green day and the matches. i found MCS through epitaph and a bunch other through Epitaph. i now like listening to some indie bands like Death cab for Cutie and Frightened rabbit.
07:44 AM on 05/22/09
bontchigger
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My tastes have significantly changed, but I'm getting old and realized I need to like stuff that matches my age. I've finally all but grown out of FOB and derivative sounding bands-when I start seeing parents close to my age with their teen kids at shows , it's a scary sign.

I've rediscovered "older" sounds like Hot Water Music and grown to love and admire younger bands like Polar Bear Club and Living With Lions for keeping the nostalgic sound alive.
10:29 AM on 05/22/09
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have seen ATL at least 10 times in the last 2 and a half years, and the best show was the first one I saw them headline.

you are undoubtedly lucky if kids move at the shows you go to. Last show I saw them play was bamboozle and everyone was bitching that ppl were pushing, so I moved to the back to dance by myself. I should go to wherever you live because I would LOVE to see ATL perform with a fun crowd again.
That just.... obsessive.
12:04 AM on 05/23/09
RAMROD85
User Info.
That just.... obsessive.
I go to A LOT of shows. stop judging me jerk face!
01:15 AM on 05/24/09
liquideasy
CRASH LOVE
User Info.
I still listen to the stuff I did when I was in Jr High and High School, rarely do I not enjoy what I used to, but rather I continually enjoy more and more music, just because I find new music doesn't mean I have to put my old tastes on the backburner
I hear you on that. This day and age I've been into a wide variety of music (Hardcore, Piano Rock, even *gasp* Jazz) But not only did I love that fact that Blink got back together, but it made me take a trip down music-memory lane. I picked up my old Blink, NFG, Rufio, Fenix TX, and MXPX albums and gave them a run-through. And I still love everyone of them.

I rarely go to shows anymore unfortunately - mostly because people who end up going can't seem to handle pits anymore - but Blink's return gave me a reminder where my musical roots lay. And like I said, I still love it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests