Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 209
12:48 AM on 05/21/09
stereokiller
Nintendo FC: 0962 9717 4432
User Info.
But the real eighth grade CD that played non stop for me was definitely Good Charlotte's self titled. I carried that in my CD player all year. Too bad after that they went downhill fast... Oh whatever, I'll always love that album.

GC? for some reason, i never got into listening to them. not that i don't like their songs. oh wow. actually, the only gc songs i've heard are river and my bloody valentine(i liked this one). T_T any suggestions?

oh shi- i've been living under a rock.
12:52 AM on 05/21/09
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
stopped listening to a lot of scene bands and figured out who my real favorites were (death cab, copeland)....and I started listening to a lot of dance music and hip hop (daft punk, kanye west, lupe fiasco, justice)
12:56 AM on 05/21/09
dpetty21
User Info.
I still listen to the stuff I did when I was in Jr High and High School, rarely do I not enjoy what I used to, but rather I continually enjoy more and more music, just because I find new music doesn't mean I have to put my old tastes on the backburner
My thoughts exactly. I don't even have anything to add because that fits what I wanted to say so perfectly.
12:57 AM on 05/21/09
on a frequency
did they go to the zoo? supposably.
User Info.
haha the christmas song! i remember that. my sister and i used to sing that out loud with speakers at max. we were kids. don't blame us. haha.

i don't have their latest release, but judging how people's treating it, i'm thinking it isn't good.
lol i have no right to blame you, my best friend and i definitely did the same thing on several occasions.

i'll bet their latest release is no good. i feel like you just can't replicate the level of fun and catchiness on the first album... it either gets old, or sounds like you're trying too hard. i don't know.
01:03 AM on 05/21/09
gemini089
ive been trying so hard to be good
User Info.
I think for the most part my musical taste has just expanded. Granted the music that I discover and like now is on the more indie side as opposed to the pop-punk side. That doesnt mean that ive stopped listening to my favorites or a great record like reach for the sun doesnt impact me. There are things I really enjoy now that i doubt I would still listen to in ten years, but there are bands that I will carry with my forever and they stretch over many genres. Probably one of the only thing ive lost interest are bands like chiodos and other things like that
01:13 AM on 05/21/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I still listen to a lot of what I have for a while, and I've always loved pop-punk. I've been listening a lot more heavier stuff like the deathcore type that i used to despise. A little bit of what I liked last year has changed, and I've found a lot more bands that I've gotten into. I began to love NFG even more, got into All Time Low, and even a tiny bit of hip hop that I didn't like for a while. And my favorites have been consistent, Relient K still is my favorite band, as is August Burns Red, and even bands like Underoath. I'll go through phases where I might not listen to some of my favorites, like Emery, Anberlin, Relient K, TDWP, or Norma Jean, but I always find myself coming back to them. I'd like to say that my tastes have grown quite a bit. I've gotten into a lot more of the post hardcore type stuff, including Thrice, and more indie stuff, metalcore, and even some pop.
01:13 AM on 05/21/09
Paulb-182
www.soundcloud.com/paulbeaumont
User Info.
Having fallen out of touch with nearly every pop punk band I love I wouldnt say it was in the past year, but its been a gradual thing for a fair number of years now, I still love blink and always will, they're one of the few pop punk bands, alongside Green Day and The Offspring I still listen to regularly. All the more modern stuff gets on my nerves and I find myself listening to more hard rock or acoustic music these days. Like Thrice, Brand New, Radiohead, Stereohonics, Oasis, Bon Iver, Neutral Milk Hotel.. Not that I didnt listen to these bands before, I'm finding that it's pretty much all I listen to now..
01:22 AM on 05/21/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Summer is finally here, and I can't wait to blast Blink with the windows down.
01:25 AM on 05/21/09
Simonthm
User Info.
bands are like your friends. they are always changing at different stages of your life, but a few good ones stick around forever.
01:34 AM on 05/21/09
Daniel Thompson
Act 1, Scene 3
User Info.
When I was starting my freshman year of high school I didn't really listen to music at all. I was very much a gamer and would spend a lot of time playing video games. I heard a lot of Linkin Park and their Hybrid Theory album and liked it a lot so I became a fan of them. That sparked me getting into a little bit of rap as well. But then I made a friend that listened to artists I had never ever heard of because I was never exposed to them. I learned a lot about music because of him. Without him, I would have never fell in love with Thursday when I did. I used to love hard hitting music with lots of screams and such. But now that I've grown and kinda matured more, I don't listen to much music with screaming because I find it a little annoying. I'm really into Paper Rival right now. Even if they have broken up, I still listen to it. Lydia is great as well along with The Honorary Title. I still love Every Time I Die and The Fall of Troy. I think my musical taste has changed drastically.
01:42 AM on 05/21/09
stereokiller
Nintendo FC: 0962 9717 4432
User Info.
lol i have no right to blame you, my best friend and i definitely did the same thing on several occasions.

i'll bet their latest release is no good. i feel like you just can't replicate the level of fun and catchiness on the first album... it either gets old, or sounds like you're trying too hard. i don't know.
or other bands just got a whole lot better.

that's what i think happened. haha.
01:47 AM on 05/21/09
poppunknerd182
Come On E
User Info.
I love how....whatever bands/genres people on here listen to now.....we ALL seem to have grown up with pop-punk.

For some reason that's just very odd/funny/awesome to me.
01:48 AM on 05/21/09
poppunknerd182
Come On E
User Info.
btw, I'm listening to Glycerine right now...I feel this is a very underrated song haha

I also really miss 90's pop-rock.

I made a 90's mix the other day, and it just reminded me how simple those songs were. But they made it fucking work.
01:58 AM on 05/21/09
EliteCombine
What's the happy-hap?
User Info.
I would have to say that my musical taste has expanded. I'm listening to more indie and pop punk but at the same time im getting more into the hardcore side of things as well. Normal metalcore and post-hardcore just isn't working for me anymore, which might actually be a good thing.
Best new bands I'm listening to:
-Fireworks
-Anberlin
-Architects
-As Cities Burn
-The Number Twelve Looks Like You

2009 hasn't had much standout releases either in my opinion, the TNTLLY album would have to be my AOTY so far.
02:04 AM on 05/21/09
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
While my tastes will always expand, my core bands will always stay the same.
They were the bands that forced emotion out of me with sound. I will never forget the bands that could bring tears to my eyes. They may not be able to do it anymore, but I'll always remember what they've done, even as I listen to the newer stuff (well, not a lot of it).

I think that once a person has that band that truly moves you, that always helps you with your core tastes. While we listen to the same genres over and over again, sometimes bands outside of that genre get to you, and that's when it expands.

I think I expanded from punk the second I took a good hard listen at Face to Face's Ignorance is Bliss. "Lost" was what caught me by surprise, I remember thinking "Maybe I can get out of this punk scene and look further." and I did, and I've never looked back since then.

Although Face to Face, Hot Water Music and The Lawrence Arms will always be the bands that withstood the test of time emotionally for me, I still find common ground with these bands' words every day.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos