AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Ted Leo News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Ted Leo and The Pharmacists Pre-Sale

Posted by - 10:43 AM on 01/13/06
The pre-sale for the upcoming Ted Leo and The Pharmacists tour began today (Friday, January 13th). All the information, including dates, can be found here.

Source: HSB

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
11:01 AM on 01/13/06
fgevilmonkey
Bitches ain't shit
User Info.
Just a thought to throw out there:

Ted Leo is one of the few artists out there at the moment who transcends "scenes". Notice how everybody talks about Ted, not just Absolutepunk.net or Punknews.org or Pitchforkmedia.com? I think that's indicative of a really great artist, a guy who, if he gets enough airplay or enough exposure in the media, could become a really important voice because his music is just so damn accessible.

So anyway, here's hoping that a lot of people hear his new album and he gets the recognition he deserves.
12:23 PM on 01/13/06
aminorthreat55
Bunuelito!
User Info.
Originally Posted by fgevilmonkey
Just a thought to throw out there:

Ted Leo is one of the few artists out there at the moment who transcends "scenes". Notice how everybody talks about Ted, not just Absolutepunk.net or Punknews.org or Pitchforkmedia.com? I think that's indicative of a really great artist, a guy who, if he gets enough airplay or enough exposure in the media, could become a really important voice because his music is just so damn accessible.

So anyway, here's hoping that a lot of people hear his new album and he gets the recognition he deserves.
Ted = the Joe Strummer of our generation. The two were even supposed to collaborate on some material but Strummer died before they could iron out the details and get together to do it. Probably would've been some of the greatest material ever. You are absolutely correct with that too, he really writes some phenomenal lyrics and some great music as well. He's got something to say without being preachy, he's catchy without being trite or cliche.

Anyways, everyone should go see him play, it's completely worth it. I know people who only attend shows with Ted playing, and for good reason, he puts on one of the best live shows around. I saw him last November and he was sick as a dog, but still came out and played 20 songs and completely kicked ass. And he does a great job keeping ticket prices as low as possible as well ($15 is the most he'll allow generally).
01:03 PM on 01/13/06
anishkabob
three or four
User Info.
i wish this was coming to the west coast.
02:17 PM on 01/13/06
suburbn_thrills
@thejenzink
User Info.
Ted Leoooooo!
March 26th. Oh yes.
03:47 PM on 01/13/06
jnkbondtrader
User Info.
ted is definetly worth seeing live. he really makes the crowd feel welcome and he and his band put on a great show.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos