All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
06:54 AM on 05/27/09
ACA
Next Show: Warped Tour @ Camden
User Info.
Zune has once chance to get me:

A big HDD.

If any of you AP kids right here made a portable MP3 player with a 200GB+ hdd I'd ditch Apple in a second. My 80GB is too small, the 160GB hardware blows, and 120GB just doesn't cut it. Doesn't Apple unveil new products in like three weeks? Can I pray for a big iPod then?
07:53 AM on 05/27/09
ACA
User Info.
wait the 160 has shitty software? thats what i got and i thought they fixed that with the update in january
I don't know about the software.

The hardware blows though.
07:55 AM on 05/27/09
ACA
User Info.
I have read rumors of an OLED screen iPod Touch. If they can bring out a 64GB+ Touch, I will buy it in a second.
Do not want.

I wish they'd throw audiophiles and musicwhores like me a bone once in a while.

I don't understand how no one has filled that gap.. there is an untapped market right now. The "excessive"/"extreme"/"geek" side to everything has a market.. why not portable audio?

-ACA
08:01 AM on 05/27/09
ACA
User Info.
oops i was talking about something completly different. sorry im still half asleep idk how i rambeled on about software. but what u mean by hardware? what was wrong with it
Headphone jack is shoddy quality. Two friends have it, I plugged in headphones ($99 Bose.. not spectacular phones by any means, but good enough) and the quality just sounded poor. Not enough bass being passed through in comparison to my 80GB. Treble was kind of shaky, too. Same files, no EQ, etc, as my 80. I couldn't believe it.

-ACA
08:08 AM on 05/27/09
ACA
User Info.
Dear Microsoft,

Have fun trying to catch up with us!

Sincerely,
Apple
I wish Microsoft would release something kickass.

Apple's iPod product is so lacking. It's basically the Nickelback of gadgets.. very accessible with very little substance.

My only hope lies in Microsoft (who instead of trying to beat Apple is trying to imitate them.. uhg) and Google, who can do anything if they try. I'm waiting for Google to take this venture.

Until then we're stuck with Apple's generic, lacking, mainstream device. Excuse me while I load up the Hawthorne Heights and Hinder on it.

-ACA
08:23 AM on 05/27/09
ACA
User Info.
If you are listening to music on $99 Bose headphones, you are not an audiophile. Stop acting like one.
Point being on (shitty) $99 headphones you can hear the difference. You don't need to be an audiophile or have $500 headphones to pick up the difference. Which is why the 160GB is of no interest.

This isn't even an MTV thread and we can't get along.
09:06 AM on 05/27/09
ACA
User Info.
I'll trust the numbers and facts before I follow your subjective evaluation of a compressed audio file coming through Bose headphones.
MP3.com is blocked, but I'll check it out when I can.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests