Password
AP.net Reviews News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Reviews
Inside AP.net

Staff Reviews (05.27.09)

Posted by: Blake Solomon (05/27/09)
Milligrams of restoration.
Staff ReviewsGallows - Grey Britain (Jeremy Aaron)
Settle - At Home We Are Tourists (Julia Conny)
Super Furry Animals - Dark Days/Light Years (Gregory Robson)

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19.
12:06 PM on 05/27/09
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Thanks Blake for posting our reviews! I left for work at 430 am today and couldn't bring myself to wake up a second earlier.
12:38 PM on 05/27/09
drewz5
Nothin better than a journey to you
User Info.
this may be a silly question...but, how many times do you (you being anyone of the reviewers) normally listen to an album before writing the review?
12:39 PM on 05/27/09
jericks2
User Info.
I demand a review of the new Straylight Run!
12:45 PM on 05/27/09
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
this may be a silly question...but, how many times do you (you being anyone of the reviewers) normally listen to an album before writing the review?
For me, I'll listen to an album anywhere from 5/6 to ten to too many times I can't even count. It just depends on if the words are flowing and if I'm feeling it.
12:48 PM on 05/27/09
drewz5
User Info.
For me, I'll listen to an album anywhere from 5/6 to ten to too many times I can't even count. It just depends on if the words are flowing and if I'm feeling it.
that's sort of what i thought. i've been thinking of writing some, but never really know where to start. so thank you
12:57 PM on 05/27/09
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
Five to seven works well for me. It's enough to be sure you got the point, but not over-listening to the extent where you become bored of listening to a really good album. There are definite exceptions, though. The Young Love review I posted today took less than three listens. I was having thoughts of suicide and had to end the misery. If I can't take any more, I don't force it on myself.
01:23 PM on 05/27/09
drewz5
User Info.
Five to seven works well for me. It's enough to be sure you got the point, but not over-listening to the extent where you become bored of listening to a really good album. There are definite exceptions, though. The Young Love review I posted today took less than three listens. I was having thoughts of suicide and had to end the misery. If I can't take any more, I don't force it on myself.
haha how awful. well thanks, i think i'll give it a shot. maybe only for myself, but a shot nonetheless
01:30 PM on 05/27/09
trappedintime
Yea, you were right about me
User Info.
attn: Drew Beringer: Still waiting on that Emery review.
01:33 PM on 05/27/09
geebee889
Registered Goober
User Info.
I've never really been a big fan of Gallows...just can't get into their music. However, the Super Furry Animals album is great! Definitely one to grab!
01:55 PM on 05/27/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
attn: Drew Beringer: Still waiting on that Emery review.
This.
02:45 PM on 05/27/09
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
given the topic of these posts, it seems only right to say,

A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI
05:16 PM on 05/27/09
c_rob2700
believe that we have lost our eyes
User Info.
I'm suprised nobody here has reviewd The Antlers new (outstanding) album yet
05:19 PM on 05/27/09
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.

The more I like an album less, the fewer listens it gets for the sake of sanity.
05:23 PM on 05/27/09
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
I'm suprised nobody here has reviewd The Antlers new (outstanding) album yet
yeah, that record rules
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives