Interviewed by
Story Of The Year - 01.17.06Timmy Mergenthaler/ Story of the Year

BAND NAME: Story Of The Mufucking Year
COMBINED WEIGHT: 27 lbs.
HOMETOWN: Saint Louis represent
BIGGEST INFLUENCES: H2O
DESCRIBE YOUR SOUND IN 5 WORDS OR LESS: pagan nuns with unchecked aggression

questions:

1. What does being on the Taste of Chaos tour mean to you?

It means that we get to play a show every night with a bunch of great bands, and kick everyone's ass.

2. What's your definition of music?

something created from the heart that expresses who you are in a melodic form.

3. How would you define a good day?

on a good day i wake up at about 2pm and there is a McDonald's right across the street from the club. Then at the show, every person is singing every word and going insane. That is a good day.

4. What animal would best emanate your band's personality?

A Black Bear, because i'm lazy as fuck and i like to eat, but when it comes time to kick ass, i'm fucking down.

5. In everyday life, What are your biggest fears?

Getting old is one of my biggest fears. I don't ever want to be an old piece of shit who hates young kids for having to much fun.

6. What is the scariest/most disgusting/most dangerous object that has been tossed up on stage by a fan while you were performing?? Did it hit anyone? What happened?

Large sweaty bras are thrown onto the stage sometimes, but i usually just put them on. I've seen batteries fly by on warped tour,and that makes me wonder who keeps batteries in their pocket just in case they feel like throwing them.

7. What are your guilty pleasures? On tour? In general?

I don't really feel guilty about anything. I like fast food, skateboarding, watching TV, and that's about it. Other than that i play a lot of music and that makes me happy. I have Meat Loaf and Elton John on my I-pod.

8. What pre-show rituals do you have?

About an hour before the show i start warming up my voice, then i listen to Kid Dynamite and stretch for
about a half hour, then i am ready to rock.

9. What is the most obscure object you have been asked to autograph? Elaborate.Where? When? Who?

I've signed men's ass cheeks a few times. It's kind of wierd because it's a dude but i kind of liked it. I've
signed boobs, arms, cigarettes, condoms, cell phones, just about anything you can think of, i've singed it.

10. Which band on this tour would you be able to beat in a mud wrestling match?

I think we could probably take Thrice, cause they're very peaceful creatures. But you never know they could snap at any moment. We could for sure kick Funeral For A Friends ass, as a matter of fact i challengeMatt to a match right now. Pansy.

11. Is there something about your band that even the die-hard fans wouldn't know? (early years? Current? Hard times? Good times?) What is it?

Despite popular belief, we are all straight.

12. What do you think is the most common misconception about touring?

That it is a 24 hour a day party. It's more like a 2 hour a day party and a 22 hour boredom session, but i love it.

Timmy Mergenthaler
Story of the Year

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
11:22 AM on 01/17/06
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
Originally Posted by Brandon Herbel
I think we could probably take Thrice, cause they're very peaceful creatures.

haha, has he seen riley's arms? yeah right. then again they did fight godsmack so who knows.
11:25 AM on 01/17/06
DroppedUrPocket
boom
User Info.
Teppei is a fucking ninja. Doesn't he know that?
11:26 AM on 01/17/06
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
i think these guys are pretty genuine...i feel bad the whole 'screamo boom' 'until the day i die' 'john feldman' associations have really hurt them unfairly. then again they sold like 700K so fuck em, w/ fame comes some heat! the new album is decent.
11:31 AM on 01/17/06
invincibleXL
sick hearts
User Info.
good band.
11:47 AM on 01/17/06
Jentheoptimist
he's ready to f*ck
User Info.
You couldn't ask my question, how rude. I seriously wanted to know 'Why they don't care anymore?' Damn you. Good interview though, short but sweet.
11:58 AM on 01/17/06
MusicOrMisery
User Info.
Originally Posted by Pay4me2beurluvr
You couldn't ask my question, how rude. I seriously wanted to know 'Why they don't care anymore?' Damn you. Good interview though, short but sweet.

When I read that when you originally posted it I almost fell off my chair laughing.
12:08 PM on 01/17/06
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
Originally Posted by MusicOrMisery
When I read that when you originally posted it I almost fell off my chair laughing.

yes, i did too.
12:11 PM on 01/17/06
x_Thrice_x
Straight Shooter
User Info.
Originally Posted by Pay4me2beurluvr

I'm curious to hear what his answer to that would've been.
12:42 PM on 01/17/06
Brandon Herbel
Registered Member
User Info.
I sent them questions including that one and got this. They wrote the entire thing themselves. I think its pretty funny.
01:20 PM on 01/17/06
NFG4ever
Let's go RED WINGS !!
User Info.
hahaha niceee , interview made me laugh
01:29 PM on 01/17/06
notetoxself
...whatever
User Info.
that was a funny interview I must say
01:30 PM on 01/17/06
[Brendan]
Jesus is my ride home.
User Info.
4. What animal would best emanate your band's personality?

A Black Bear, because i'm lazy as fuck and i like to eat, but when it comes time to kick ass, i'm fucking down.
Haha that was hilarious.
02:19 PM on 01/17/06
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.
SOTY suffers from the worst singles ever. Usually, I'm never embarassed of bands I like.. but their singles are such weak songs.

I hope, when I see them on TOC, they don't play any of their five singles, except maybe Take Me Back.

-ACA
02:51 PM on 01/17/06
nerogtr
Producer/Engineer
User Info.
haha good shit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles