BAND NAME: Story Of The Mufucking Year
COMBINED WEIGHT: 27 lbs.
HOMETOWN: Saint Louis represent
BIGGEST INFLUENCES: H2O
DESCRIBE YOUR SOUND IN 5 WORDS OR LESS: pagan nuns with unchecked aggression
1. What does being on the Taste of Chaos tour mean to you?
It means that we get to play a show every night with a bunch of great bands, and kick everyone's ass.
2. What's your definition of music?
something created from the heart that expresses who you are in a melodic form.
3. How would you define a good day?
on a good day i wake up at about 2pm and there is a McDonald's right across the street from the club. Then at the show, every person is singing every word and going insane. That is a good day.
4. What animal would best emanate your band's personality?
A Black Bear, because i'm lazy as fuck and i like to eat, but when it comes time to kick ass, i'm fucking down.
5. In everyday life, What are your biggest fears?
Getting old is one of my biggest fears. I don't ever want to be an old piece of shit who hates young kids for having to much fun.
6. What is the scariest/most disgusting/most dangerous object that has been tossed up on stage by a fan while you were performing?? Did it hit anyone? What happened?
Large sweaty bras are thrown onto the stage sometimes, but i usually just put them on. I've seen batteries fly by on warped tour,and that makes me wonder who keeps batteries in their pocket just in case they feel like throwing them.
7. What are your guilty pleasures? On tour? In general?
I don't really feel guilty about anything. I like fast food, skateboarding, watching TV, and that's about it. Other than that i play a lot of music and that makes me happy. I have Meat Loaf and Elton John on my I-pod.
8. What pre-show rituals do you have?
About an hour before the show i start warming up my voice, then i listen to Kid Dynamite and stretch for
about a half hour, then i am ready to rock.
9. What is the most obscure object you have been asked to autograph? Elaborate.Where? When? Who?
I've signed men's ass cheeks a few times. It's kind of wierd because it's a dude but i kind of liked it. I've
signed boobs, arms, cigarettes, condoms, cell phones, just about anything you can think of, i've singed it.
10. Which band on this tour would you be able to beat in a mud wrestling match?
I think we could probably take Thrice, cause they're very peaceful creatures. But you never know they could snap at any moment. We could for sure kick Funeral For A Friends ass, as a matter of fact i challengeMatt to a match right now. Pansy.
11. Is there something about your band that even the die-hard fans wouldn't know? (early years? Current? Hard times? Good times?) What is it?
Despite popular belief, we are all straight.
12. What do you think is the most common misconception about touring?
That it is a 24 hour a day party. It's more like a 2 hour a day party and a 22 hour boredom session, but i love it.
i think these guys are pretty genuine...i feel bad the whole 'screamo boom' 'until the day i die' 'john feldman' associations have really hurt them unfairly. then again they sold like 700K so fuck em, w/ fame comes some heat! the new album is decent.