Username
Password
Money News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 62.
09:52 AM on 06/01/09
gloriousmuse
you've left me speechless
User Info.
A local news source said this is all summer on Wednesdays starting June 3rd, not only June 3rd
Ah, figures. It was too good to be true.
10:13 AM on 06/01/09
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
damnit i already bought my blink tickets...oh well
10:21 AM on 06/01/09
TakeThs2UrGrave
blink and you missed it
User Info.
hell yes....blink gen. admission tix w/o charges
10:40 AM on 06/01/09
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
Hmm, wonder if this will apply to Warped at the SF piers, should for Shoreline though.
A kid can hope.
10:48 AM on 06/01/09
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hmm, wonder if this will apply to Warped at the SF piers, should for Shoreline though.
A kid can hope.
For Warped Tour, just buy the ticket at the box office. None of those shows are in danger of selling out.
11:07 AM on 06/01/09
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
For Warped Tour, just buy the ticket at the box office. None of those shows are in danger of selling out.
Ya, that's always a good option.
11:25 AM on 06/01/09
I'm DC
I hope this terrifies you.
User Info.
too fucking bad the Blink tickets don't go on sale until June 27th for the KC date. Shit's weak. I feel like my ass hurts a little now.
11:33 AM on 06/01/09
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
haha this is perfect! the presale for the buff and saratoga dates of blink
11:45 AM on 06/01/09
natedorough
FusionShows.com - Concerts in MI!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dear LiveNation:
Suck it. I used to work for you. Remember that? I liked my job, loved the people I worked with for the most part, but always had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about the way we operated. This is just another stupid publicity stunt to rope people in. "Think about it! If we offer no service fees on lawn seats, then the lawn will sell out, and then those stupid bastards that didn't listen to us will HAVE TO BUY PAVILION SEATS FOR $130 A PIECE to get into the show all of their friends are going to!"

Oh wait. That's not what will happen. Just like many shows, the lawn will sell out, and then the pavilion will be 1/3 full, because people aren't as stupid with their money these days, and then the artist will make the venue open up the empty seats in the pavilion (who wants to play for a crowd that's 200 feet away?), and that $130 seat will be sat in by someone who paid $20 for a lawn ticket (hopefully with no fees if you're smart).

Want this to end? ONLY BUY TICKETS ON THE FEE-FREE DAY. The artist will still get their money. Live Nation will take the hit. And hopefully they'll take the hint, too. People are tuned in. Not to what you're doing right, but to what you're doing wrong, which is a lot.

And fee-free ticketing is really easy to do. Don't let them tell you it's not. I run Fusion Shows in Michigan, and though we don't go through anywhere near the number of tickets they do, we're 100% fee-free. You pay $15 for a $15 ticket. There's absolutely no reason that tickets can't be fee-free. It's called hidden money, money that goes right to the promoters without the artist getting a cut of it. The really financially savvy artists are actually starting to get in on it (thus driving the fees up more), but most of them don't see a penny. It goes right to the corporation.

Don't be suckered into thinking Live Nation is saving the industry by doing this. When they go 100% fee-free (and keep base prices the same), I'll give them kudos. Meanwhile, I'll continue to not go to overpriced shows, and continue to offer the lower-priced, more intimate alternative in small, fee-free club shows. Will I see Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band, or Blink 182? Probably not, and that sucks, but it's cool. There's some good stuff in the clubs.

Live Nation is in trouble, and don't let them tell you any different.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, but these stories piss me off, and no one should ever get excited for the one time a criminal decides to do a good deed. WOOOOO CHARLES MANSON HELPED AN OLD LADY ACROSS THE STREET TODAY!
12:06 PM on 06/01/09
SandManTEND13
Disprespect Your Surroundings!
User Info.
score thats the day my blink-182 tickets go on sale! how lucky am I!
12:07 PM on 06/01/09
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yea, they will have lost THOUSANDS of dollars.

blink182 Holmdel show is that day. Sounds good to me.

For anyone who has done a blink182 presale, is it all seats? Or just pit? Just lawn?
It's everything.

This kinda sucks though. Sure, it's sweet they are doing this wednesday thing, but it sucks for anyone who wants decent tickets to shows. My blink tickets went on sale the 30th. I got the presale a week ago. But all of the decent seats are now sold out in the ampetheatre, and the only tickets you can buy now are really far back.

If you want good seats, you still have to deal with the charges.
12:14 PM on 06/01/09
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really hate to be the buzz kill here, but I looked a little further into this, and it looks like they are only taking service fees off of LAWN tickets. Read a few of the articles, it mentions it in passing:

From USA Today:
Quote:
Starting a minute after midnight Tuesday (12:01 a.m. Wednesday), the company will waive service fees for 24 hours on more than 5 million lawn tickets for amphitheater events ticketed by LiveNation.com. That typically will save ticket buyers about $10 off what are already the cheapest seats available.

From LiveNation:

Plus, I got an email and it only mentioned lawn tickets.
12:50 PM on 06/01/09
losethegirl
Super Hero In My World
User Info.
I guess I will be buying my lawn tickets for No Doubt on Wed then!
12:55 PM on 06/01/09
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
It's the usual drag amphitheater set up. So, if your amphitheater has a small pit section in the front it'll be GA Pit/seats/lawn.

Also, this is probably Live Nation being slow to realize that the amphitheater business is a bad one to be in when we're in the days of niche media.
Did you get Bruce Springsteen tickets today?

I totally forgot.
12:58 PM on 06/01/09
caitlinlee
User Info.
So glad I haven't bought my warped tickets yet.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS