10:32 PM on 06/01/09
ezco25
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
“NO SERVICE FEE WEDNESDAYS”
ONE DAY ONLY, JUNE 3RD – 5 MILLION TICKETS –
EXCLUSIVELY AT LIVENATION.COM

LOS ANGELES, CA June 1, 2009 – Today, Live Nation announced that it’s dropping service fees on
more than five million lawn tickets and hundreds of concerts, helping add value and save money for fans
throughout North America. The 24 hour event makes June 3rd the biggest one day sale in concert
business history. Now that’s something for fans to sing about!
“No Service Fee Wednesdays,” kick off June 3 at 12:01 a.m., offering fans some of the lowest prices of
the summer with no ticket service fees on any LiveNation.com-ticketed amphitheater show, and only at
www.LiveNation.com.
Throughout the rest of the summer, Live Nation becomes Free-Nation, as it offers a variety of “No Service
Fee Wednesdays” specials at www.LiveNation.com, making Wednesday the biggest day of the week for
savings on concert tickets for hundreds of shows and millions of fans.
“Summer concerts are a great escape in these tough times,” said Michael Rapino, President and Chief
Executive Officer of Live Nation. “Starting this Wednesday, Live Nation and the world’s top artists are
making it less expensive for fans to see their favorite bands by waiving service fees on over five million
tickets at www.LiveNation.com. We wanted to do something that had never been done before and “No
Service Fee Wednesdays” provide incredible value to millions of music fans to attend the hottest concerts
this summer.”
Tickets for “No Service Fee Wednesdays” go on sale at 12:01 a.m. local time on June 3, 2009 at
www.LiveNation.com. This promotion is not valid in combination with other special pricing offers and is
subject to availability. Tickets without service fees are available at all Live Nation-ticketed amphitheaters
for concerts including:

 311
 Aerosmith
 blink-182
 Brad Paisley with Dierks Bentley
 Coldplay
 Crosby Stills & Nash
 Crue Fest 2
 Dave Matthews Band
 Def Leppard with Poison and Cheap Trick
 Depeche Mode
 George Strait with Blake Shelton and Julianne Hough
 Incubus
 Jason Mraz
 Kid Rock & Lynyrd Skynyrd
 New Kids on the Block
 Nickelback
 Nine Inch Nails and Jane’s Addiction
 No Doubt
 O.A.R.
 Phish
 Rascal Flatts with Darius Rucker
 REO Speedwagon & Styx
 Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival featuring Marilyn Manson & Slayer
 Rod Stewart
 The Allman Brothers Band
 The Fray
 The Killers
 Toby Keith with Trace Adkins
 Warped Tour

ABOUT LIVE NATION:
Live Nation's mission is to maximize the live concert experience. Our core business is producing,
marketing and selling live concerts for artists via our global concert pipe. Live Nation is the largest
producer of live concerts in the world, annually producing over 22,000 concerts for 1,600 artists in 33
countries. During 2008, the company sold over 50 million concert tickets and drove over 70 million unique
visitors to LiveNation.com. Live Nation is transforming the concert business by expanding its concert
platform into ticketing and building the industry's first artist-to-fan vertically integrated concert platform.
The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange,
trading under the symbol LYV. For additional information about the company, please visit
www.livenation.com/investors.

John Vlautin
Live Nation
310-867-7127
johnvlautin@livenation.com

Jennifer Gery-Egan
Brainerd Communicators
212-986-6667
gery@braincomm.com
10:38 PM on 06/01/09
ezco25
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dear LiveNation:
Suck it. I used to work for you. Remember that? I liked my job, loved the people I worked with for the most part, but always had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about the way we operated. This is just another stupid publicity stunt to rope people in. "Think about it! If we offer no service fees on lawn seats, then the lawn will sell out, and then those stupid bastards that didn't listen to us will HAVE TO BUY PAVILION SEATS FOR $130 A PIECE to get into the show all of their friends are going to!"

Oh wait. That's not what will happen. Just like many shows, the lawn will sell out, and then the pavilion will be 1/3 full, because people aren't as stupid with their money these days, and then the artist will make the venue open up the empty seats in the pavilion (who wants to play for a crowd that's 200 feet away?), and that $130 seat will be sat in by someone who paid $20 for a lawn ticket (hopefully with no fees if you're smart).

Want this to end? ONLY BUY TICKETS ON THE FEE-FREE DAY. The artist will still get their money. Live Nation will take the hit. And hopefully they'll take the hint, too. People are tuned in. Not to what you're doing right, but to what you're doing wrong, which is a lot.

And fee-free ticketing is really easy to do. Don't let them tell you it's not. I run Fusion Shows in Michigan, and though we don't go through anywhere near the number of tickets they do, we're 100% fee-free. You pay $15 for a $15 ticket. There's absolutely no reason that tickets can't be fee-free. It's called hidden money, money that goes right to the promoters without the artist getting a cut of it. The really financially savvy artists are actually starting to get in on it (thus driving the fees up more), but most of them don't see a penny. It goes right to the corporation.

Don't be suckered into thinking Live Nation is saving the industry by doing this. When they go 100% fee-free (and keep base prices the same), I'll give them kudos. Meanwhile, I'll continue to not go to overpriced shows, and continue to offer the lower-priced, more intimate alternative in small, fee-free club shows. Will I see Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band, or Blink 182? Probably not, and that sucks, but it's cool. There's some good stuff in the clubs.

Live Nation is in trouble, and don't let them tell you any different.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, but these stories piss me off, and no one should ever get excited for the one time a criminal decides to do a good deed. WOOOOO CHARLES MANSON HELPED AN OLD LADY ACROSS THE STREET TODAY!
fuck yeah!!! ur totally 100 percent right
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums