Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
07:36 AM on 06/01/09
losnoufy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
if he's calling out grizzly bear for being a bit pretentious (which, i think he is a little bit?) then fuck this review, because it's pretentious as shit. the language is so flowery without going anywhere, which is exactly what he says about the songs on Veckatimest. it's disguised as a very well written review, but i just can't tell what he means. he got no point across throughout the entire thing.
10:11 AM on 06/01/09
losnoufy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't really see why anyone dislikes this band, but whatever, I'm excited to see them tomorrow.
i can definitely see why someone would dislike them...if you don't like this kind of music, you won't like grizzly bear...they're a very hit-or-miss band, and they're inevitably going to be polarizing. they're one of my favorite bands, for example, and both of their latest albums took a few spins to really sink into me.

also, if someone were to hear them for the first time and say something like, "they're a bunch of elitist, pretentious, indie hipsters who think they can play 4 or 5 random dissonant chords and call the song artsy," i wouldn't have much to say in response except to listen about 20 more times and try to enjoy them. they appeal to people with very certain tastes. once again, i love them and i am extremely excited to see them on wednesday, but grizzly bear is certainly not for everyone.
02:48 PM on 06/01/09
losnoufy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i agree, Veckatimest is much muchhh more accessible. especially "Two Weeks", obviously. but yeah, i wouldn't expect to hear them on the radio anytime soon or anything.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS