Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 11 posts.
05:37 AM on 06/03/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Love this album, and the concert on fuse the other day was awesome
Yeah it really was an incredible concert. I was paralyzed by it. Did not leave my room. I was seriously glued to the TV. So amazing.
07:04 PM on 06/03/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
A surprisingly decent review. There's not one song I don't like on there, but there's some I like better than others. Even the bonus tracks are all top notch.

"If you don't like this record, then you don't like music." Dave pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one.

edit: No mention of Dive In?
After I wrote the review, I realized, "Doh! You didn't mention 'Dive In'" and for that I can only apologize. It is a great song and one of the better ones on the album. Thanks for pointing it out. I appreciate it.
06:46 PM on 06/04/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
What the fuck is the GrooGrux King?
LeRoi Moore was called the Groo Grux King. When he died, the band decided to make him the focus of the album.
05:30 AM on 06/05/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Does anyone else find it a little weird when he told the story about putting Stella in Alligator Pie that he STILL had to mention Grace? I bet Stella grows up to be one pissed off and jealous daugher/sister.
Completely inconsequential to be honest.
05:30 AM on 06/05/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
whats your favorite song?
Why I Am is at present my most favorite. One of the best choruses I can ever remember Dave writing.
05:36 AM on 06/06/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Hey, good review, I'm just unclear on one thing, and I'm not intending to hate on Dave Matthews Band.

In what way is this band a landmark band, and in what way have they rewritten the history books? Am I missing something?
1. 31 million albums sold over 16 years, making them one of Top 100 highest selling music acts of all time.

2. Their discography:
Under the Table and Dreaming: 6x multi-platinum, gold status.
Crash: 7x multi-platinum, platinum status
Before These Crowded Streets: 3x multi-platinum, platinum status.
Everyday: 3x multi-platinum, platinum status.
Busted Stuff: 2x multi-platinum

2a. Before These Crowded Steets, Everyday, Busted Stuff, and Stand Up were all number one on the U.S. charts. Crash's highest-charting position was number 2. Everyday and Busted Stuff were both number one in Canada, and Stand Up was number 3 in Canada.

3. Two Grammy wins, 11 nominations.

4. Their U.S. and world tours have consistently ranked in the Pollstar Top 10, averaging 51.3 million in ticket revenue per tour.

ANY QUESTIONS!!?!?
05:40 AM on 06/06/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Why I Am is one of my favorites, too. But does it even havea chorus?
The refrain: "But this is why I am, why I am, still dancing with the Groo Grux King," is what I was referring to.

I guess it's more of a hook then a chorus. Whatever. It's one of the best songs he's written.
Glad you dig!
05:20 PM on 06/06/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
That's impressive and all, and probably moreso in numbers than I would have thought, but hardly justifying the statement about rewriting the history books. They're a good band, but they haven't influenced an entire generation of music as far as I can tell, and being in the top 100 selling artists of all time is...I dunno, probably not as huge as it sounds. Isn't um...Nana Miskouri in the top 25 of all time or something? I could be wrong, but its a misleading statistic as far as this site goes.
Good call on Nana Miskouri. I think she's a pretty big deal though, and had she been American, probably a more household name.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling DMB will be inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, when all is said and done, and that to me justifies me labeling them landmark and rewriting the history books. But we can agree to disagree.

The funny part is I'm not even that big of a DMB fan, I just think what each one of the musicians in the band brings to the table far surpasses what most of the bands on this site do on a regular basis. They took a fiddle, a saxophone and an acoustic guitarand turned it into radio gold. How can you not appreciate that?
04:48 AM on 06/11/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
wow. i mean you can have an opinion if you like or dislike a band....but to say one of the most explosive and dynamic live bands of the past 2 decades is boring you must just not have an ear for music. carter beauford is the best drummer alvie right now.
Yeah, he really is.
04:28 PM on 08/22/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
This album just hasn't clicked with me at all. As soon as I heard the lead single, the overall production just didn't sit well with me. It sounds like they're trying so hard to write solid songs, rather than just letting them happen. It sounds forced, not organic like their earlier work. Reminded me of hearing 311's Uplifter. Just.... forced, is all I can really say. That little ascending guitar riff after the "Funny The Way It Is" chorus is borderline laughable.

I'll just stick with Before These Crowded Streets. They'll never top that album, IMO :\
Won't disagree with you there. It's a hard album to top. But this record does come close in places.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS