Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
05:41 AM on 06/18/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
When lyrics change the way you view life...don't you think that you'd give them a 10? This EP is incredible. WCAR sings of love, and the act with love in mind, they are really like that in person too, don't you think the world needs more of that?
05:41 AM on 06/18/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
...really? Theres autotune, yah. But it's not so much as say I See Stars, and definately not because he's a terrible vocalist. The autotune use is pretty rare. What you think is autotune on parts is probably the harmonies they lay down where he's singing it in 3 different ranges, which is a tremendous feat from a vocalist, to be able to hit the low middle and high range of a song. Kyle is an extremely talented vocalist who sounds the same live and on the album. To discredit the whole album because a COUPLE parts use autotune for effects, when 85% of the song has not a spot of autotune artifacts, I think your claim of too much autotune is a bit rediculous.

And that analysis is not from a listeners standpoint, I'm an apprentice audio engineer at Harmonie Park recording studio, and part of my lessons are to study what effects are used on vocal tracks. The autotune on their tracks is few and far between, what you're hearing is a talented vocalist who knows how to hit his ranges for an awesome effect.

EDIT: I should add, I realize Dreams is riddled with autotune. So don't bring up that song.
Agreed, Kyle is freaking amazing live, he doesn't miss a beat. Even on "Dreams" with the aforementioned autotune, he holds it down quite well.
06:33 AM on 06/18/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
To each his own but if you really think this band has mind blowing lyrics all I can say is you should expand your musical tastes.When you give something a 10 that means its perfect so you are saying they have perfect lyrics.

Here are some bands with better lyrics you should check out Thursday, Cursive, Bright Eyes, Modest Mouse, Manchester Orchestra, and Clipse
I have Manchester Orchestra's first CD, Thursday's entire catalog. Never got too into Cursive or Bright Eyes. Believe it or not I have range in my musical taste, apparently I don't come off that way, so I need to work on that, thanks for the constructive criticism.
06:36 AM on 06/18/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
I love this EP but Im pretty sure this is like the 3rd user review Ive seen for it
it is... I took forever to get mine posted, my goal now is to find stuff that I enjoy that hasn't been reviewed (which is tough, there are so many reviews on here!)
07:24 AM on 06/18/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
Surprisingly I dont think anyone has reviewed either The Devil wears Prada first album, or A Day To Remembers For Those Who Have Heart
No I don't think they have. I have to re-submit a review I did for Home Grown's "Kings of Pop" , that's a 7 year old album. If they are any others you'd like to see reviewed, PM me, I'd be happy to. Writing helps ease my mind when I can't fall asleep.
07:25 AM on 06/18/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
Because We Came As Romans is the only band who sings about love.
They sing about a different kind of love. This isn't a love between a boyfriend/girlfriend, this is a love that's unconditional. Seeing as it's faith based but in a non upfront and pushy way, it's relatable to me, which is why I really enjoy it.
08:43 AM on 06/18/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but lyrically they can be compared to a lot of other Christian bands that sing about the same kind of "unconditional love" that these guys sing about. By no means am I knocking your review, but I do feel like the lyrics don't deserve a perfect 10.
Ok man. I appreciate that you aren't flat out knocking my review. I purposely slid the "reviewer tilt" quite high because of my love and bias towards this band, they are one of my favorites so of course I'm biased.

I think there are a lot of Christian bands with great lyrics, Oh, Sleeper, Attack Attack! (believe it or not!), TDWP is getting better, but I still don't think lyrics are the strongest part of their music.

Thanks for the constructive criticism and for reading my review, I truly appreciate it.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums