Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 34
07:25 AM on 06/18/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
Because We Came As Romans is the only band who sings about love.
They sing about a different kind of love. This isn't a love between a boyfriend/girlfriend, this is a love that's unconditional. Seeing as it's faith based but in a non upfront and pushy way, it's relatable to me, which is why I really enjoy it.
07:52 AM on 06/18/09
PoisonHeartsGTX
@jimwilbourne
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
...really? Theres autotune, yah. But it's not so much as say I See Stars, and definately not because he's a terrible vocalist. The autotune use is pretty rare. What you think is autotune on parts is probably the harmonies they lay down where he's singing it in 3 different ranges, which is a tremendous feat from a vocalist, to be able to hit the low middle and high range of a song. Kyle is an extremely talented vocalist who sounds the same live and on the album. To discredit the whole album because a COUPLE parts use autotune for effects, when 85% of the song has not a spot of autotune artifacts, I think your claim of too much autotune is a bit rediculous.

And that analysis is not from a listeners standpoint, I'm an apprentice audio engineer at Harmonie Park recording studio, and part of my lessons are to study what effects are used on vocal tracks. The autotune on their tracks is few and far between, what you're hearing is a talented vocalist who knows how to hit his ranges for an awesome effect.

EDIT: I should add, I realize Dreams is riddled with autotune. So don't bring up that song.
true that kyle is a great singer.

HOWEVER it would be silly to say that 85% of the EP doesn't use autotune.
of course, its not as rediculously overdriven like Attack Attack. but its still there.
that's just how songs are recorded these days.
so yes. about 100% of the EP has auto tune on it along with most of your other favourite bands that are like them.

some people don't like the sound of autotune. and that's okay. its not for everyone & every band. but most bands use it.
08:27 AM on 06/18/09
Merkin
A Fine Evening For a Rogue
User Info.
i saw them live with past the pacific a few months back, a good show
08:28 AM on 06/18/09
TheArdentLove
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They sing about a different kind of love. This isn't a love between a boyfriend/girlfriend, this is a love that's unconditional. Seeing as it's faith based but in a non upfront and pushy way, it's relatable to me, which is why I really enjoy it.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but lyrically they can be compared to a lot of other Christian bands that sing about the same kind of "unconditional love" that these guys sing about. By no means am I knocking your review, but I do feel like the lyrics don't deserve a perfect 10.
08:43 AM on 06/18/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but lyrically they can be compared to a lot of other Christian bands that sing about the same kind of "unconditional love" that these guys sing about. By no means am I knocking your review, but I do feel like the lyrics don't deserve a perfect 10.
Ok man. I appreciate that you aren't flat out knocking my review. I purposely slid the "reviewer tilt" quite high because of my love and bias towards this band, they are one of my favorites so of course I'm biased.

I think there are a lot of Christian bands with great lyrics, Oh, Sleeper, Attack Attack! (believe it or not!), TDWP is getting better, but I still don't think lyrics are the strongest part of their music.

Thanks for the constructive criticism and for reading my review, I truly appreciate it.
09:21 AM on 06/18/09
TotalCollapse
You are my blanked out pages.
User Info.
This album is alright, but definitely doesn't deserve the rating you gave it.
09:36 AM on 06/18/09
artdavidson
Swim against the current.
User Info.
The singer does not at all sound the same live. He can't reach high notes to save lives.

He's just like most others in the genre including Cove from Saosin. Kick ass vocal producer on their EP & it's told when they perform live. Pretty good band though.
09:50 AM on 06/18/09
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
just too much auto tune for me
Any autotune in hardcore music is too much.
11:35 AM on 06/18/09
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
true that kyle is a great singer.

HOWEVER it would be silly to say that 85% of the EP doesn't use autotune.
of course, its not as rediculously overdriven like Attack Attack. but its still there.
that's just how songs are recorded these days.
so yes. about 100% of the EP has auto tune on it along with most of your other favourite bands that are like them.

some people don't like the sound of autotune. and that's okay. its not for everyone & every band. but most bands use it.
When I was refering to 85% no autotune, I meant not noticeable autotune for effect, like during the electronic parts how you can tell autotune is going on. Obviously I know that autotune is used on all audio tracks to make them sound perfect, that's just common practice.

And I have seen them live, and I have heard their old stuff. Seeing as I'm from the same area they are, I obviously have known about them for awhile, since the pre-wcar days, when they were This Emergency. While it's true Joey Sturgis did do alot of work in their writing proess to help them, they are each talented in their own rights. Last time I saw kyle he hit all the notes flawlessly, so perhaps you just saw them on an offnight.
03:45 PM on 06/18/09
Daniel Thompson
Act 1, Scene 3
User Info.
i thought this ep was pretty good.
08:27 PM on 06/18/09
archerboy
User Info.
clearly you haven't seen them live then.

before this EP, I would encourage you to listen to their studio music then understand that their producer pretty much saved them.

Yeah, that's true. Their first demo/bleeding-eardrums was miserable. The high production values definitely made the album that much better.

And for the autotune, yeah, there is some, but in no way are we talking about I See Stars or Attack Attack! (which annoys me to no end). But

While I do agree about the touching lyrics, I feel like they don't strike me as being complex enough; don't get me wrong, but I feel like if we can barely what understand what their screaming, why not make it a little deeper/complex? That's my view anyway :|
11:21 AM on 06/20/09
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
I love this EP but Im pretty sure this is like the 3rd user review Ive seen for it
haha. i noticed that too cause me and Klatzke both reviewed it.
I think its good cause it gives different opinions.
01:26 AM on 06/21/09
weaz45
stopthefuckincar.
User Info.
Any autotune in hardcore music is too much.
this
11:54 AM on 06/28/09
sgguitarist
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like there song Intentions :] the breakdown is cool
11:55 AM on 06/28/09
sgguitarist
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like there song Intentions the break down is sweet :]

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE