AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Anberlin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Anchor & Braille Release Date, Track List

Posted by - 10:15 AM on 06/08/09
Anchor & Braille will release Felt on August 4th.

Track Listing
1) Rust (the short story of Mary Agnosia)
2) Like steps in a dance
3) Blur
4) Inretrospect
5) Summer Tongues
6) Calm, calm, calm yourself
7) Wedding/Funeral.
8) Sleep. When we die.
9) Forget love, I just want you to make sense to me tonight.
10) Sing out
11) Sheet music/Sheet music

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 92
10:16 AM on 06/08/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Anchor&Braille
Felt
(WoodWater Records - August 4th, 2009)

June 8, 2009 – Central Florida: Anchor&Braille gear up to release Felt, out August 4th on WoodWater Records, Stephen Christian’s own record label which is distributed by Universal Music. Produced, engineered and mixed by Copeland singer Aaron Marsh and recorded over the course of four years, Felt is the first full-length for Anchor&Braille and the first release for WoodWater Records.

“The songs are mostly songs of regret and heartache, with hopes that each and every one rings of nostalgia and better times for all who listen,” says Christian. “These are some of the most painful songs I have ever written but with each song I felt a sense of relief and on some level an almost spiritual repentance and cleansing.”

Felt is a bona fide depiction of an artist bursting with an endless supply of aptitude and creative energy. The album’s instrumentation and profound lyrics flow beautifully from one song to the next. From finding out we are in a relationship with someone we shouldn’t be, the album’s contagious “Blur,” to contemplations of life in “Rust (the short story of Mary Agnosia),” to the blissful sounds of “Like Steps In A Dance,” Felt, has the auditory and sensory feel Christian was hoping to achieve. Christian describes the sound of Felt as “exploring a museum at night with all the lights off. There are moments of mastery on this record, and the closer you study the lyrics, songs, & ethereal layers the more beauty and enjoyment you will get out of it.”

“I named the record Felt at the request of a friend because the meaning, much like the songs on the record, has two different levels; a surface and a deeper. The first meaning of the word ‘Felt’ is the past tense of the word ‘feels’ because these songs are all past memories, which I have learned, mourned, and grown from. The second meaning of ‘felt’ is the fabric which connotates a very sensual imagery, hopefully much like the music and melodies themselves.

Anchor&Braille started several years back when Christian realized that he had written many songs he knew Anberlin could never use. The songs had a different feel and the lyrics were topics that he felt were a bit more personal, which he was not ready at that time to share on a mass platform.

For more on Anchor&Braille, check out: www.myspace.com/anchorandbraille / www.anchorandbraille.com.

Felt Track Listing:
1. Rust (the short story of Mary Agnosia)
2. Like steps in a dance
3. Blur
4. Inretrospect
5. Summer Tongues
6. Calm, calm, calm yourself
7. Wedding/Funeral.
8. Sleep. When we die.
9. Forget love, I just want you to make sense to me tonight.
10. Sing out
11. Sheet music/Sheet music

Anchor&Braille Tour Dates
Jul 5 8:00P Launchpad w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Meese Albuquerque, New Mexico
Jul 7 7:30P The Clubhouse w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Meese Tempe, Arizona
Jul 8 7:00P House of Blues San Diego w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Meese San Diego, California
Jul 9 7:30P Downtown Brewing Co w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Meese San Luis Obispo, California
Jul 10 8:00P The Boardwalk w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Meese Orangevale, California
Jul 11 8:00P Hotel Cafe w/ Copeland and Sherwood Los Angeles, California
Jul 12 8:00P House of Blues Anaheim w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Meese Anaheim, California
Jul 15 7:30P The Marquis Theatre w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Barcelona Denver, Colorado
Jul 17 8:00P House Of Bricks w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Barcelona Des Moines, Iowa
Jul 18 7:00P Mixtape Cafe w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Barcelona Grand Rapids, Michigan
Jul 19 7:30P The Mad Hatter w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Barcelona Covington, Kentucky
Jul 20 7:30P Musica w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Barcelona Akron, Ohio
Jul 21 8:00P Uncle Pleasants w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Barcelona Louisville, Kentucky
Jul 23 8:00P Revolution Music Room w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Barcelona Little Rock, Arkansas
Jul 24 6:30P Hi-Tone Cafe w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Barcelona Memphis, Tennessee
Jul 25 8:00P The Square Room w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Barcelona Knoxville, Tennessee
Jul 26 7:30P Music Farm w/ Copeland and Sherwood and Barcelona Charleston, South Carolina
10:23 AM on 06/08/09
jgareth
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I cannot wait!!!
10:24 AM on 06/08/09
uglystar03
User Info.
Wow. I'm pretty excited.
10:25 AM on 06/08/09
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
Love the guy, but he sure thinks awfully highly of his music lol
10:25 AM on 06/08/09
heavyd
noireallydontcare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So excited for this.
10:26 AM on 06/08/09
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
User Info.
Knew the June 30 release date was too good to be true. Still pumped nonetheless.
10:29 AM on 06/08/09
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
This is going to be good. Very excited.
10:29 AM on 06/08/09
emopunkfan
AllTimeLow
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
is this an anberlin side project?
10:31 AM on 06/08/09
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Color me excited.
10:36 AM on 06/08/09
Smeee
AP.net's Resident Staryu
User Info.
Excited you may colour me.
10:36 AM on 06/08/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
is this an anberlin side project?
Reading is fun.
10:38 AM on 06/08/09
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
User Info.
haha win.

I can't wait to hear this.
10:40 AM on 06/08/09
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
This is a good to be excellent. I cannot wait.
10:41 AM on 06/08/09
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
I want it nowwwwwwwwwww

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT