Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 58 of 58
12:28 AM on 01/30/06
aZn_BallA1024
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
fuck kanye, visionaries own him hands down.
12:57 AM on 01/30/06
nivek87
Live Together, Die (M)alone
User Info.
the first think that i think of when i see all of these replies is...Pete Wentz

if peter did not himself in his journal, Q&A, website, and at shows...would half of these post be here?

i was just wondering that.

next, im a fan of music and i dont think this album met full expectations, yes it was a pretty good album, but after "college dropout" i dont think its possible to recreate such an overall amazing album

college dropout > late reg

still a good album though
12:59 AM on 01/30/06
nivek87
Live Together, Die (M)alone
User Info.
Originally Posted by The Game
that is as narrowminded as it gets

you say rap and punk have nothing in common, go hit the books kid

start with looking at public enemy

good example and incase he didnt know (which he obviously wont) beastie boys began as a punk band
11:26 AM on 01/30/06
parf_3
User Info.
stop bitching about ap covering other genres of music... did anyone force you to read this review?? or any other review for that matter? if you dont like rap, DON'T READ THE REVIEW... jackass... YOU people were the ones that saw "Kanye West - Late Registration" in the review section and decided to read it, so fuck off and try to appreciate that this site is a little bit more diverse than you would like it to be...
12:01 PM on 01/30/06
mikeford
firefrancona.blogspot.com
User Info.
album doesn't have the staying power that college dropout had. could have something to do with the fact that kanye decided to try to wear out his welcome in the media by never shutting up. at any rate, dudes beats are better than his albums ever could be (see: h to the izzo, heart of the city, this cant be life, down and out, etc etc etc). i definitely think a 94 (A-) is overstepping in. In terms of the Source, i'd say it gets 4 mics. its a solid album but like someone else said... the raw emotion from CD is not as present on LR and its pretty apparent. There is also a lot more WHACK tracks on LR then on CD... the middle portion of LR is utterly forgettable, basically.
05:41 PM on 01/30/06
kshtoinks12
Au Revoir Shoshana!
User Info.
Originally Posted by fedhed7
I'm so glad that this website is touching upon all the varieties of music. Despite the name, this isn't a punk website. This is a music zine. In fact, punk is only a small fraction of the music this website covers. Indie, Emo, and Pop are pimped on this site just as much as anything else. So if you can't accept that some people listen to a wide variety of music, you can go read Pitchfork or something.

i'm so moved by your little soliloquy there, but in reality, yes punk may absolutepunk may be a misnomer, but it is supposed to imply all forms of rock, i'm not against this album review, i'm just saying that this place i better when the news talks about say anything's new video compared to paul wall opening up a website where u can buy grillz
08:20 PM on 01/30/06
JacksColdSweat
Strong Island's Finest
User Info.
I think Kanys is one of the few rappers around right now that aren't a joke. People are always listening to Dip-Set and they are terrible.
02:03 PM on 02/07/06
the_champ_is_here
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this album was nowhere near a 9
06:08 PM on 02/16/06
Fat Kid Running
Hey
User Info.
Overrrrrrated
06:25 PM on 05/15/06
Cue the Sun
I'm not sad anymore
User Info.
Doesn't anyone think Kanye's ego is a little more than obnoxious? I really didn't like this album. I found all of the songs got old way to quickly and Gold Digger is the most degrading song I've ever heard.
10:33 PM on 07/13/08
bummm
Slave 2 tha booty
User Info.
Good album, but I got tired of it really fast.
09:51 AM on 07/14/08
LPMagic
Everybody! Everybody!
User Info.
Wow, a +2 year bump.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT