Password
AP.net Reviews News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Reviews
Inside AP.net

Staff Review (06.16.09)

Posted by: Blake Solomon (06/16/09)
Identify the indiscernibles
ReviewThe Higher - It's Only Natural (Blake Solomon)
Eels - Hombre Lobo: 12 Songs of Desire (Gregory Robson)
Brokencyde - I'm Not A Fan, But The Kids Like It! (Julia Conny)

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14.
09:22 AM on 06/16/09
RedScare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hate to spam the comments, but AP.net seemingly refuses to post any news on Red Scare bands. It's an outrage, I know! Anyhow, i wanted to let everybody know about one of our most important upcoming releases, Cobra Skulls "American Rubicon". Really proud of this stuff and the band is gonna be on tour for the next 4 months solid.

They have a new song and the first of their tour dates posted, so please check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/cobraskulls
09:26 AM on 06/16/09
llmp
Incorrigality
User Info.
I hate to spam the comments, but AP.net seemingly refuses to post any news on Red Scare bands. It's an outrage, I know! Anyhow, i wanted to let everybody know about one of our most important upcoming releases, Cobra Skulls "American Rubicon". Really proud of this stuff and the band is gonna be on tour for the next 4 months solid.

They have a new song and the first of their tour dates posted, so please check it out:

They're too busy posting things about brokencyde.

Keep up the good work, sir!

I don't have anything to do with a record label but I'm going to post a new song from a band that's ridiculously better than The Higher anyways.
http://www.myspace.com/howdareyoufl
09:35 AM on 06/16/09
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.

There's a difference b/t promoting, and being annoying.
09:54 AM on 06/16/09
istealmusic
User Info.
exactly. but brokencyde does suck balls.
10:17 AM on 06/16/09
mymusicismylife
Disgruntled wheat thins enthusiast
User Info.
Gah still no Alexisonfire.
10:37 AM on 06/16/09
Burn That Shit
a strange turn of events
User Info.

Cool stuff, I dig it. Absolutepunk doesn't really post news about any punk bands besides hyped up orgcore, which is a damn shame.
10:37 AM on 06/16/09
Linda Ferreira
retired maillady
User Info.

Have you even tried the normal route? I accept all submissions for reviews and this has not been submitted yet. Email me at reviews@absolutepunk.net. After an item is submitted to the review system I provide links to three other ways to promote on the site that you can do yourself.
10:49 AM on 06/16/09
llmp
Incorrigality
User Info.
Have you even tried the normal route? I accept all submissions for reviews and this has not been submitted yet. Email me at reviews@absolutepunk.net. After an item is submitted to the review system I provide links to three other ways to promote on the site that you can do yourself.
If I'm not mistaken he's talking about posting news about the new song, rather than a review of their album?

Cool stuff, I dig it. Absolutepunk doesn't really post news about any punk bands besides hyped up orgcore, which is a damn shame.

To be fair, Cobra Skulls IS hyped up orgcore. They just also happen to be good.
10:54 AM on 06/16/09
Linda Ferreira
retired maillady
User Info.
If I'm not mistaken he's talking about posting news about the new song, rather than a review of their album?

The mailbox listing that I do weekly is a news post about releases.
11:31 AM on 06/16/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Decent reviews today
12:25 PM on 06/16/09
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
SOMEONE WAKE DREW UP TO POST HIS

plz
04:23 PM on 06/16/09
Josh Weinstein
User Info.
Brokencyde came out today, right? It'll be interesting to see how many records sell the first week. It's been my understanding that they've been "an internet sensation" up to this point and every impressionable youth loves them.
09:02 PM on 06/16/09
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
What was the point of even reviewing a Brokencyde album, besides making everybody on this website laugh? Why give any attention to a band that destroys this website's view on what music and art is about?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS