deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
I'm going to go with Drake.
08:58 AM on 06/17/09
hcky0819
Are'nt you a stalker?
User Info.
Rock music is officially MIA from MTV forever.
09:19 AM on 06/17/09
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
WALE!

But if I had to guess, It's gonna be some repetitive annoying song by Lady Gaga.
09:24 AM on 06/17/09
AsItFallsApart
Erect in defiance of god's will
User Info.
clearly he's not aware of Stick Stickley or it'd be up there

09:33 AM on 06/17/09
zubinmoosa
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV
User Info.
Mariah Carey looked surprisingly attractive in that picture...
09:42 AM on 06/17/09
hiya
User Info.
is it bad I only refer to Drake as Wheelchair Jimmy?
I love that La Roux song, so good. Also I can see "Chillin" being a hit, and isn't Boom Boom Pow kind of old and annoying already? I can't belive he put the stupid TacoHut song on there. and for Phoenix, if anything 1901 would be a hit.
09:47 AM on 06/17/09
Sloth7
Eat Snickers, Leave Garbage
User Info.
I guess I'm really out of the loop, besides Grizzly Bear, Discovery and Phoenix, I don't know one song on there, either from this summer or the ones they claim were big last summer. And I don't recognize probably two-thirds of these artists either.

Guess I'm not allowed to take my shirt off at the beach now. Oh well.
09:54 AM on 06/17/09
TcicatrizMespV
Au Revoir, Mr. Mercury
User Info.
I'm putting a vote in for Kid Cudi f/ Kanye and Common with "Poke Her Face." Provided it ever gets to radio. Shit's too catchy.
09:57 AM on 06/17/09
AlexHuffman
User Info.
That Das Racist song reminded me why I want to nuke Williamsburg from orbit. Just saying.
10:04 AM on 06/17/09
noles848
User Info.
You know, I've listened to all of their stuff in the past and I've always appreciated it but never really got into it...but I really, really like Bitte Orca. It's been the year for quasi-experimental bands to make their most accessible albums to date (Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, Dirty Projectors, etc.), but Bitte Orca is the only one of the bunch that I think is the band's best to date. It's a really interesting album and I can appreciate it on multiple levels -- on one hand, they are really talented musicians and songwriters and I can get wrapped up in the excellent instrumentation and construction of the songs, and on the other hand it's just a really accessible and fun album filled with some great pop songs. I don't really care about hype on either end of the spectrum (it doesn't make me appreciate albums more, nor does it turn me away from albums) so in my honest opinion I think it's a great album – one of the best of the year I'd say.

That was a little long-winded, what do you think about it?
I couldn't have said that better if I tried.. The first time I heard the album was the first time I had listened to the dirty projectors and honestly, without all the hype I would have just passed it up as another album I didn't need to listen to. I gave it a second chance and thought it was ok, but then third time around it hit home. A great album always takes me a few listens to appreciate because there is so much stuff that goes unnoticed the first couple spins.
10:11 AM on 06/17/09
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
flo rida has a song called "sugar"? Really? How hard is it to come up with something more original?
10:18 AM on 06/17/09
ASaveSituation
Bored stiff
User Info.
best part of this was discovering "Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell" -- hilarious
I love that song. hahahahahaha
10:54 AM on 06/17/09
amysaurus
gonna stay eighteen forever.
User Info.
Oh yeah, that Flo Rida song is ridiculously catchy
10:57 AM on 06/17/09
GregisXcore
rockisdead-long live paper&scissors
User Info.
I'm putting a vote in for Kid Cudi f/ Kanye and Common with "Poke Her Face." Provided it ever gets to radio. Shit's too catchy.
what I came here to say

"I Gotta Feeling" by black eyed peas should've made the list

Every Girl - Young Money is the real winner though!
10:59 AM on 06/17/09
fluke182
Burning bicycles for revenge
User Info.
I probably would have chosen this even over "Two Weeks" as far as the indie rock summer jam. Although I've been predicting for months that The Thermals' album will sneak into my summer rotation most often.
The Thermals album is my favorite of the year. I think it is their best album yet and is the first one that they've released that works as a cohesive whole. Everything about it is awesome.
God, that's such a tough call, but I think Listzomania does it for me. It has this "anytime, anywhere" feel to it that 1901 doesn't have for me.
what do you think of all the dirty projectors hype??
You know, I'm just not a fan of Bitte Orca. I haven't been able to get into that yet, at all.

I loved that he mentioned Discovery. That was totally my choice for the group who is going to release the surprise summer jam of the year. I'm convinced that's going to happen. Love them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos