AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Album Leaf, The - Green Tour EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals N/A
Musicianship 8.75
Lyrics N/A
Production 8.5
Creativity 8.5
Lasting Value 8.25
Reviewer Tilt 8.75
Final Verdict: 86%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Album Leaf, The - Green Tour EP

Reviewed by: Undue Noise (06/19/09)
Album Leaf, The- Green Tour EP
Record Label: Self-Released
Release Date: June, 2007

Who?

The Album Leaf is the solo project of Tristeza guitarist Jimmy LaValle. Having worked with Conor Oberst and Marc Bianchi (Indian Summer, Her Space Holiday) on previous releases, The Album Leaf make lulling, harmonious music through the use of both acoustic and synthesized sounds on Green Tour EP. Gaining notoriety through opening for Sigur Ros on their extensive US tour, The Album Leaf have unveiled their twelfth release, Green Tour EP, showing off the ambient, instrumental style that is present in all of their work.

How is it?

Short but sweet, this six song EP showcases the simplistic, yet textured, sounds that The Album Leaf create. Building upon an opening sequence of simple, single note patterns, each song evolves into a lush crescendo of noise that is simultaneously entrancing and beautiful, tranquil yet inspiring. The EP has a relaxed vibe, building upon electronically plugged drum loops to acoustically strummed guitar, culminating with the closing track “San Simeon,” which, at the longest running time of 5:22 minutes, echoes out with a reverberating melody and ends the EP. While this EP in particular lacks a certain variety that you would hope for, this is the only criticism that could be founded, as “We Need Help” and “Fear of Flying,” while both good songs, fail to distinguish themselves from each other. Green Tour EP is definitely worth investing in, as in exchange for your money, you will be blessed with the wondrous sounds of The Album Leaf, who excel in the art of making symphonic instrumental music.

Recommended If You LikeInstrumentals, Ambient music, Sigur Ros, Detektivbryan

www.thealbumleaf.com
www.myspace.com/thealbumleaf

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
09:46 AM on 06/26/09
archerboy
User Info.
Wow this is some good stuff. I really do feel a good Sigur Ros vibe in them.
10:15 AM on 06/26/09
sohcampco
Doritos
User Info.
Only heard twentytwofourteen, sounds amazing. I'll definitely have to check this out.
10:42 AM on 06/26/09
pinkzeppelin182
I got mine but I want more
User Info.
This is one of my favorite EP's of all time. It's amazing this guy used to play with the Locust, GoGoGo Airheart, and the Crimson Curse, he's quite a diverse artist. I can't wait for the new album.
06:26 AM on 07/01/09
bard
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah, i dig em. good review
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music