Username
Password
Nine Inch Nails News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 77.
09:57 PM on 06/19/09
BlackpoolLights
Music Connoisseur
User Info.
just see how many lists Veckatimest ends up on in "top 10 Albums of 2009". It says something when an album leaks so early and ends up being one of the top 10 albums sold the week it is released. I'd say there hasn't been a day since I got it in March that I haven't listend to it. I haven't listened to an album so much since Kid A. I know many other people that can say the same thing. You should try actually listening to the album and maybe you'll understand it ;) sorry it's not spoon fed to you liked Blink 182.
http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-...lbums-of-1999/

That's just 10 years ago. *shakes head* Anyhow, I'm glad you liked it, and I'm glad the extremely small minority of music lovers that enjoy it do, and hell, it's even one of my favorite albums of the year. But no matter how many lists it's on, it will disappear...

Please don't make assumptions about my listening habits; it's...funny. Spoonfed is also one word.
09:59 PM on 06/19/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
just see how many lists Veckatimest ends up on in "top 10 Albums of 2009". It says something when an album leaks so early and ends up being one of the top 10 albums sold the week it is released. I'd say there hasn't been a day since I got it in March that I haven't listend to it. I haven't listened to an album so much since Kid A. I know many other people that can say the same thing. You should try actually listening to the album and maybe you'll understand it ;) sorry it's not spoon fed to you liked Blink 182.
I wouldn't put it in my top 10 albums of the past 10 years, but it would easily make my top 10 for 2009. The vocal harmonies are so great. For someone like Trent Reznor to say such things about Sufjan and Grizzly Bear is a huge compliment.
10:04 PM on 06/19/09
Radiology
User Info.
http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-...lbums-of-1999/

That's just 10 years ago. *shakes head* Anyhow, I'm glad you liked it, and I'm glad the extremely small minority of music lovers that enjoy it do, and hell, it's even one of my favorite albums of the year. But no matter how many lists it's on, it will disappear...

Please don't make assumptions about my listening habits; it's...funny. Spoonfed is also one word.

To each their own.

Its funny how many of those albums I have on my itunes and still listen to... The Soft Bulletin is considered one of the best albums of the 1990's.

and that is a cheap tactic to use my friend, just look at one year later (9 years ago):
http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-...lbums-of-2000/

sure looks like a lot of those albums resonate very well in our music culture today.

Maybe you should be an editor instead of a connoisseur ;), funny how we're on a message board but yet typos are something to be subjected as a defense mechanism.

on a side note, it's fascinating that both Johnny Greenwood and Trent Reznor would state that Grizzly Bear is one of their favorite bands (Greenwood's over-all favorite to be added).
10:06 PM on 06/19/09
boysandbulletsx
Just jammin' on the glockenspiel
User Info.
Better than you do, evidently.

:-*
Then, please, explain how my answer means that I am oblivious (and to what am I oblivious?) The fact that you call me so without elaborating makes you appear awfully foolish.
10:19 PM on 06/19/09
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
Sorry to break it to him, but he is irrelevant. I seriously do not see the appeal he (or his band) holds.
Also, I would take Sufjan Stevens over him any day.
10:36 PM on 06/19/09
12inchessoft
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nine Inch Nails are relevant in the same way that the Beatles are still 'relevant'. That is not to say that NIN is any way on par with the beatles, but the amount of NIN-esque music that has been created the past 20 years cannot be ignored. Nine Inch Nails sell out stadiums, so the 10,000 plus people attending the show must still find his music 'relevant'. And, comparatively, I'd take the advice of 10,000 people as opposed to you. I think what you meant to say was, "Nine Inch Nails' music is irrelevant to me".

Oblivious seems to be the most fitting adjective.
10:47 PM on 06/19/09
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Trent Reznor is the man. He needs no reason to feel inadequate by GB, great as they are.
10:48 PM on 06/19/09
bteamclint
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i saw grizzly bear the other night in dallas. i dont get it. Theres nothing to their music... just a bunch of drug inspired jams. maybe Im getting too old to understand the new young hipster craze. I feel like people just listen to them because its different and weird and sounds good on vinyl. And thats all that matters anymore.
10:52 PM on 06/19/09
Radiology
User Info.
i saw grizzly bear the other night in dallas. i dont get it. Theres nothing to their music... just a bunch of drug inspired jams. maybe Im getting too old to understand the new young hipster craze. I feel like people just listen to them because its different and weird and sounds good on vinyl. And thats all that matters anymore.

You'll find a lot of the reasons why Pet Sounds is so great echoed in what makes Veckatimest so appealing. Maybe listen to them with that in mind and it'll clarify the "hype" around the band. Though I'd say they are grossly under-rated for how brilliant their craft is.
11:42 PM on 06/19/09
Noah Fawkes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't even like nin but you're post is just screaming you're a fucking Moron.
This.

Nine Inch Nails is arguably one of the most influential and relevant bands in music right now. You are pretty ignorant to think otherwise.
And this.
11:55 PM on 06/19/09
noles848
User Info.
Aaaaand you just went from annoying to oblivious.

Radiology, "masterpiece" is one word, and I sincerely doubt ANYONE will be calling Veckatimest that in a decade or two. Just my opinion.
Lol Veckatemist is pretty groundbreaking, maybe im just biased bc im not a NIN fan (because i think trent is a total douchebag and in turn totally hilarious to follow on twitter) but Veckatemist is something we will be hearing about 10-20 years from now
12:01 AM on 06/20/09
barkingincision
i am white rune
User Info.
Veckatimest is the fucking tits
and while i can agree that nin and trent are incredibly influential, their music is nevertheless immensely overrated in today's music scene
12:06 AM on 06/20/09
Heroin Robot
User Info.
Can't get into Grizzly bear
12:08 AM on 06/20/09
Heroin Robot
User Info.
Lol Veckatemist is pretty groundbreaking, maybe im just biased bc im not a NIN fan (because i think trent is a total douchebag and in turn totally hilarious to follow on twitter) but Veckatemist is something we will be hearing about 10-20 years from now
Lol, what did Trent do to be a douche bag? Also, NIN will have longer life than Grizzly bear ever will, imo
12:26 AM on 06/20/09
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
Sorry to break it to him, but he is irrelevant. I seriously do not see the appeal he (or his band) holds.
Also, I would take Sufjan Stevens over him any day.
Plenty of people have already said this, but you're wrong. Trent is still very relevant. One of the few still-relevant acts that broke in the 90s, and probably the most-so.

Someone like, say, Billy Corgan or Marilyn Manson, is not (and I'm a huge fan of both the Pumpkins and MM).
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums