Username
Password
Hip-Hop News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hip-Hop
Inside AP.net

Hip-Hop Music Roundup (06-20-09)

Posted by: Lueda Alia (06/20/09)
Check out this week's hip hop roundup in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
06:41 AM on 06/20/09
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Thanks to Roshan and Henry for putting this together.

Hip-Hop Music RoundupThis week's top hip-hop/rap albums according to Billboard.com:

1. Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D.
2. Eminem - Relapse
3. Mos Def - The Ecstatic
4. Pleasure P - The Introduction of Marcus Cooper
5. D-Block - No Security
6. Method Man & Redman - Blackout! 2
7. Rick Ross - Deeper Than Rap
8. DJ Quik & Kurupt - BlaQKout
9. Busta Rhymes - Back On My B.S.
10. Soulja Boy Tell'em - iSouljaBoyTellem

After countless delays and excuses, Wale has finally unleashed Back to the Feature, a collaboration mixtape with 9th Wonder. Download that here.

Mos Def is selling his album through the form of a t-shirt. Thoughts?

Willie D, a member of Houston's legendary Geto Boys, has posted bail. He is facing 20 years and prison among many other punishments.

Chris Brown is set for his preliminary hearing on Monday, June 22 for his alleged February assault against Rihanna.

Famed producer and hit-maker Timbaland has been accused of stealing beats.

Eminem has been certified platinum in the United States. In other Eminem news, he's also confirmed that there will be a new D12 record.

The Beastie Boys debuted their new single with Nas at the Bonnaroo festival. Check out the video here.

Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek, better known as Reflection Eternal, have released behind the scenes footage from the set of "Back Again," the duo's first single since the reunion.

The America's Most Wanted tour dates have been announced. The tour features hip-hop heavyweights Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Drake and Soulja Boy.

A plethora of information on the famed and critically acclaimed producer The Alchemist's new album, Chemical Warfare, can be found here. Chemical Warfare will hit stores on July 7th.

Remember Bone Thugs N Harmony? They're back, with their first single, "My Dolla Bills," off of Uni 5, due out this fall.

As if the kid couldn't have a bigger machine behind him already, Drake's new video for "Best I Ever Had" will be directed by Kanye West and will feature a cameo from Jay-Z. Talk about a co-sign. In related Drake news, he recently hopped onto a remix Jamie Foxx's "Digital Girl," which you can download here.

It seems as though Lupe Fiasco isn't too happy with the leak of his latest single, "Shining Down." Lupe also sat down with Complex Magazine to talk about his new clothing line, Trilly and Truly.

Producer Black Milk recently sat down with The Takeover Radio Show for an interview. Check that out: Part I. Part II. Part III.

Not sure why, but Fabolous and The-Dream will be gracing the cover of XXL Magazine next month.

B.o.B. vs. Bobby Ray: The Mixtape is dropping on Monday, June 22. He's yet to disappoint thus far, and I'm sure the ATLien will deliver.

Mayer Hawthorne is Hip-Hop Official's Artist of the Week.

Hip-hop/Fashion magazine Complex has just released their Top 10 Records of 2009 and their Top 10 Sneakers of 2009 thus far. What are some of your personal favorites of 2009?

T-Pain has collaborated with...Taylor Swift?

Both Ma Dukes (J Dilla's mother) and DJ House Shoes have both spoken out on the issues at hand with Charles Hamilton. Speaking of Charles, he seems to have disappeared, having not updated his blog or his twitter account in days. This also included missing the digital (free) release of his album, This Perfect Life.

SlaughterHouse emcee Joe Budden is releasing another album in 2009.

Not a true surprise, but Fonzworth Bentley's debut album, C.O.L.O.U.R.S., will be executive produced by Kanye West.

CurT@!n$ has released his second video for "Tomorrow," which features Tyrese. This song is set to be released on his upcoming mixtape entitled The Great Adventures of Dope Boy C: Dope for President. The tape's due out Tuesday, June 23rd through High Society Life. For now, you can download "Tomorrow" here, and download "Black Folks" here.

Has Mariah Carey taken shots at Slim Shady? You decide.

Albums hitting the shelves this week:

CurT@!n$ - The Great Adventures of Dope Boy C: Dope for President (Mixtape)
Charles Hamilton - This Perfect Life
Green Lantern and dead prez. - Pulse Of The People
Willy Northpole - Tha Connect
Sa-Ra Creative Partners - Nuclear Evolution: The Age of Love
U-God - Dopium

Albums out now:

Wale + 9th Wonder - Back to the Feature (Mixtape)
50 Cent - War Angel LP (Digital Download)
Twista - Category F5
Pleasure P - The Introduction of Marcus Cooper
Juicy J (Three Six Mafia) - Hustle Till I Die
Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D.
Major Lazer - Gunz Don't Kill People...Lazers Do.
DJ Quik & Kurupt - BlaQKout

Contributors: themostdeplete, kissbangkill

Any feedback is welcome. The best way to get at us is through our blog, www.weworemasks.com. You can keep up with us there during the week if you miss us way too much. If you have any hate mail, love notes, ideas, suggestions or submissions for next week's round up, feel free to get at Roshan or Jerome at weworemasks@gmail.com. We won't bite.
06:52 AM on 06/20/09
MattDennis
(Yeah)
User Info.
Anything involving Nas will get my attention. Will listen when I get home from work.

Also interested in new Bone Thugs...Crossroads, Days of Our Lives, and No Surrender still get spins in my playlist.
06:57 AM on 06/20/09
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
What's the overall opinion of the new Method Man and Redman - Blackout 2? I had the original a while back, and I enjoyed those two together.
07:07 AM on 06/20/09
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
I think I'll download that Wale mix tape.
07:15 AM on 06/20/09
LillieDesigns
Orange, CA
User Info.
What's the overall opinion of the new Method Man and Redman - Blackout 2? I had the original a while back, and I enjoyed those two together.
It's sick. I like the original because it's a classic, but part 2 doesn't disappoint in my opinion.
07:22 AM on 06/20/09
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Taylor Swift is gonna be that artist all the hip-hop and R&B artists will collab with. Kind of like what Akon was a couple years ago.
07:30 AM on 06/20/09
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
User Info.
DMX is actually NOT in jail
09:04 AM on 06/20/09
MyNameIsRoss
"Too many rappers, not enough emcess"

Shit rules.
09:13 AM on 06/20/09
jeremyc
it was my only wish to rise
User Info.
Reflection Eternal.... This Means You!!!
09:45 AM on 06/20/09
SummerPerfuma
User Info.
daaamn that bone thugs is fire
09:46 AM on 06/20/09
TheWeakest
User Info.
I need some new wale
09:47 AM on 06/20/09
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Oh, and good for Em being the first to crack a million.
09:51 AM on 06/20/09
HometownHero
User Info.
New Wale sounds wonderful
10:01 AM on 06/20/09
TMS2787
Fate Has Been Making Me A Liar
User Info.
Wale's Back To The Feature is really good and while the wate and excuses where annyoing and ridiculous but worth it overall.

The Mos Def t-shirt thing sounds interesting.

Relapse shouldn't even be close to platinum and a new D12 doesn't sound good either.

I will be at the Lil Wayne/Young Jeezy tour because it's free.

It's too bad I don't like the Drake single but I will watcht he video because Kanye West directed it and I will listen to the Franzworth Bently album.

Really like the new Lupe Fiasco song.

I'm going to look at Complex's Top Ten sneakers, see how much I disagree with it.

Good round-up guys.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums