AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Rock for Health Auctions

Posted by - 05:31 PM on 06/21/09
Rock for Health is having a couple auctions where you can win VIP passes and more for Warped Tour. Proceeds will be going towards getting health care for the band listed in each specific auction. More info can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
05:32 PM on 06/21/09
Jamie Pham
@jamiepham
User Info.
You have the opportunity to help your favorite bands with something a musician desperately needs- healthcare. ROCK FOR HEALTH is allowing you the chance to sponsor your favorite band's healthcare for one year! You've bought CDs, t-shirts, and traveled far and wide to see them play, but now you can do something unique and personal for your favorite band!

About RFH: ROCK FOR HEALTH is a non profit organization that advocates health and preventative care for musicians and their crew members. A population that is better informed about its health care coverage options will be better able to access needed care. RFH will inform musicians on a wide variety of health issues including preventative health services, social, mental and occupational outreach. Through leadership, communication, and partnerships, RFH is dedicated to the creation of a healthy musical environment in which artists and performers can perform at their peak physical and mental abilities. Without healthy musicians, we will not have music that is created to its highest potential. Sick artists cannot tour. RFH wants to make their life and music healthy by helping them address health problems before they escalate into thousands of dollars worth of hospital bills. Music exists because of the artists creating it.

Record labels exist because of the artists creating that music. The employees of record labels (everyone from the mail room guys to the CEO) all have health insurance and benefits. Yet – these people all have jobs because of the artists. The artists see no benefits, no health insurance, nothing. Musicians are not seen as employees of a record label. They are “temps” – temporary employees – because of the record contract that they sign. They sign their career and lives over to these labels, which help develop it and help it grow. Nine times out of ten, a band will break up or cancel tours due to prevailing health issues.

You're probably wondering...how can I help?! See the link below, and check out our auctions. The winning fan will be improving the lives of an entire band and crew for one year, and in return will receive the Warped Tour of a lifetime!

Auctions start at $360, which covers a band’s monthly healthcare fee for an entire year. Each band has catered their own prize pack specific to the winner of their auction.

Prizes range from VIP passes to Warped Tour, watching the band from sidestage, a private meet & greet with the winner and a friend, signed CDs, free clothing and so much more. All of the prize packs include: (2) Rock For Health T-shirts, (2) Rock For Health Stickers, (2) Rock For Health Wristbands, & (2) Rock For Health Buttons. Don't miss out on the opportunity of the year to show your true appreciation for your favorite band! Click the image below:

05:59 PM on 06/21/09
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
This is a great idea, but I don't have that cash.
06:18 PM on 06/21/09
markbroadway
User Info.
so awesome
06:18 PM on 06/21/09
geebee889
Registered Goober
User Info.
This is a great idea, but I don't have that cash.
That's my problem too. If I had the money I'd totally hit that up.
06:55 PM on 06/21/09
Dunn.Nope
Registered Member
User Info.
I hope there are more bands...
07:53 PM on 06/21/09
KristinaRFH
Rock For Health / Kristina
User Info.
more bands added soon! :)
07:58 PM on 06/21/09
Dunn.Nope
Registered Member
User Info.
more bands added soon! :)
awesome, sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. they just aren't my cup of tea
08:41 PM on 06/21/09
KristinaRFH
User Info.
Not rude at all - contest is in its very early stages. I'll be sure to keep you posted!
09:37 PM on 06/21/09
Dunn.Nope
Registered Member
User Info.
since this is a non-profit organization, are these purchases eligible for a tax write-off? that would make this SOO worth any amount of money
10:22 PM on 06/21/09
timb89
Australian Music Roundup
User Info.
wish they had something like this for an australian festival :(
06:42 AM on 06/22/09
MichaelRFH
Rock For Health / Michael
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wish they had something like this for an australian festival :(
soundwave anyone?
06:50 AM on 06/22/09
KristinaRFH
User Info.

Yes!
06:51 AM on 06/22/09
KristinaRFH
User Info.
since this is a non-profit organization, are these purchases eligible for a tax write-off? that would make this SOO worth any amount of money

Yes - RFH is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization, which allows all donations to be written off.
08:05 AM on 06/22/09
ericag1
reallifefantasy
User Info.
why no florida dates? that sucks hard.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT