AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Mae News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Mae Song

Posted by - 10:13 PM on 06/21/09
A new Mae song is posted on their official site.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
10:18 PM on 06/21/09
Thistimeonfire
User Info.
First post deletion AND first post. The Cure is fantastic. They can do no wrong these days.
10:30 PM on 06/21/09
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
I just noticed that the donations are now going to DonorsChoose.org -- what happened to the Habitat For Humanity project? I'm a tad confused. Great song as always, though.
10:51 PM on 06/21/09
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
I'll listen to it in a minute. I have a feeling I'll love it. Mae is a great band.
10:52 PM on 06/21/09
TheArdentLove
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This might be my favorite song that they have released so far, but to be honest (and I hate to be THAT guy), I wish they would release an album similar to The Everglow.
10:53 PM on 06/21/09
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
I love Mae.
10:53 PM on 06/21/09
TheArdentLove
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just noticed that the donations are now going to DonorsChoose.org -- what happened to the Habitat For Humanity project? I'm a tad confused. Great song as always, though.
I think I remember reading something where they said that they raised their goal for Habitat For Humanity and were focusing on a new organization.
11:01 PM on 06/21/09
carramrod2005
User Info.
Really like what they are doing with the songs. Great way to stand out and give back to the community around
11:02 PM on 06/21/09
oncedarkness
Listen to Josh Garrels
User Info.
Yes, they did indeed raise enough money to build the entire house for the lady and her kids in Newport News, Va. Now it's on to other charities that you choose I think.
11:15 PM on 06/21/09
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
so so so so good. i am so happy with everything these guys have done this year. i have fallen in love with their music again. can't really ask for more than that can you?
11:23 PM on 06/21/09
CSWS21
User Info.
nicee
11:34 PM on 06/21/09
oncedarkness
Listen to Josh Garrels
User Info.
This might be my favorite song that they have released so far, but to be honest (and I hate to be THAT guy), I wish they would release an album similar to The Everglow.
Don't we all. But as far as I'm concerned, it would be impossible to reach the greatness that was the Everglow again, but the new stuff that Mae is putting out this year gets pretty close.
11:59 PM on 06/21/09
jacobMAE
Mae / Jacob
User Info.
I think I remember reading something where they said that they raised their goal for Habitat For Humanity and were focusing on a new organization.
Thanks for asking about this. On June 1 we helped the Floyd family cut a ribbon and move into their new home that YOU built. It has to be the most incredible experience we have ever had as a band. If you scroll down to the bottom of whatismae.com you can see the photos from the ceremony in our flicker feed.
The essence of this entire 2009 project is about leveraging the platform of the internet and digital technology to build community and to take back control of our art and reclaim our own standards for success. Building this home for the Floyd family was the first goal and we achieved it together. The year is but half way over...what else would you like to do?
12:52 AM on 06/22/09
YouSmellExcited
those who can't do run AP.net ;)
User Info.
fucking rad avatar!!!
12:53 AM on 06/22/09
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
New song is awesome and the idea behind the 2009 project is genius. Keep up the great work guys.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos