AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Anarbor - 01.07.09

Anarbor - 01.07.09

Interviewed by
Anarbor - 01.07.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer. Below you will find answers from bands that replied.

Anarbor (Mike Kitlas) [myspace]

1. How did you get your band name?

My father's side of the family is from Michigan. The first person to ever get me into rock and roll music was my sister, she gave me my first hand me down copy of Dude Ranch by Blink 182, I thought I was such a badass.

2. How did this band get started?
Well we were all about 13 years old and Slade, Greg, and I were riding home from summer school, yes with one of our mom's, and we were listening to our favorite cd's at the time and we thought it would be a great idea for us to start a band, we literally picked instruments we thought we would enjoy and just started to learn. Adam joined the band soon after the three of us began the band, he was a close friend of ours who we knew through the local PHX music scene. Needless to say, we were probably the worst 13 year old band ever.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Personally, we are influenced by all different sorts of artists, and each of us enjoy many different genres of music, but some specific artists and groups we all feel influenced by include: Third Eye Blind, Rx Bandits, Red Hot Chile Peppers, Tom Petty, and Steve Miller.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Jimi Hendrix. He knew how to party.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Probably a dog, because I'm loyal and I enjoy sleeping.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because I know every kid out there is tired of listening to the same Dance/Techno/Pop records that are released every week.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
If you're asking me what song of Anarbor's I'd put it in there, I would choose a track off our new EP we call Let The Games Begin, because it has a guitar riff that just sounds like a song that would be fun to play on Guitar Hero. I don't think it would be that hard on expert, except maybe the solo. I don't play enough video games to judge it, I'll leave this question up to the true gamers.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, my family, my close friends, and our manager David McKay.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Everything.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Adam, our other guitar player, was squirming around in the back of the van one day on our our 5hour drive to Las Vegas for a gig. His face was completely pale and you could see him sweating. When we asked him if he was alright, all he could respond was "dude...when is the next gas station? I really have to go" We were currently on a highway stretch without any services for about the next 26miles. With about 13miles left to go until the next rest stop, Adam could no longer take the pain and told Slade (Who was driving at the time), he needed to pull the van over immediately. We watched Adam burst out of the van and shit almost half of his body weight onto the side of the highway. He's not embarrassed of this story, ask him about it anytime.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I appreciate AP.net allowing the bands, the fans, and the critics to all voice their own opinions, we all have a right to say what we feel.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
A song titled "Always Dirty, Never Clean" off of our new EP.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Europe.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
My parents were big fans of Don McLean, Journey or Eric Clapton. Oh and that one song "who let the dogs out" by that shitty group Baha Men, they played that song every fucking day before lunch at my elementary school.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Probably the power to transport anywhere I wanted at any time, this would help avoid me being late to everything, and spending 16hours in the van on long drives.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
If you would have asked me this question when I was 16, I would have said yes. But there is far too much left out there for our band to accomplish before we have the right to say we have "made it."

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That I caught using my Fake I.D. last week and have to go to court in a month. Anarbor hates police officers.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas and Halloween. Christmas more, but Halloween enough for me to mention it.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I am a huge movie guy, my DVD collection is always growing. I am a big dog guy too, I spend most of my time with my dog, Diesel, going to dog parks. Also, I try and spend as much time with my family and close friends, that's what life is all about.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm quite the cook.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
08:24 PM on 06/23/09
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
Nice, I love Anarbor. Stoked to see them next week.
12:50 AM on 06/24/09
djsclaus
www.brandonmarshall.net
User Info.
Weird how they got started, haha.
05:34 AM on 06/24/09
Dik Tracy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How old is that picture Mike? You look like your 15.
08:45 AM on 06/24/09
salt1384
don't believe a word
User Info.
Weird how they got started, haha.
haha, i was thinking that..
07:05 AM on 06/25/09
fadedmemories
You'd be good for me
User Info.
This band is so young and so good.
10:40 PM on 06/26/09
BrennanHickson
Awaiting Criticism
User Info.
I find it ironic he mentions the fact that he's "loyal," but continues on to say that he intends to go to court for disobeying the law and proceeds further to say that he and his band "hate police officers."
05:12 PM on 07/05/09
Croggs
No I will not make out with you
User Info.
This band is so young and so good.
I just started listening to this band a couple weeks ago. I heard of them, but never took the liberty to check them out for some reason. I saw they had a song on sportscenter, so I decided to look into them. Very solid ep, and I look forward to hearing more from them. How old are they?
07:53 PM on 07/05/09
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
They're all 19-20 I believe.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT