AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Escape Frame, The - The Escape Frame Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.25
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 6.75
Production 8.25
Creativity 5.25
Lasting Value 5.5
Reviewer Tilt 2.75
Final Verdict: 64%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 7.5
Production 8.25
Creativity 7.75
Lasting Value 6.25
Reviewer Tilt 3.25
Average: 69%
Inside AP.net

Escape Frame, The - The Escape Frame

Reviewed by: fashionshowdown (06/25/09)
The Escape FrameThe Escape Frame
Record Label: End Sounds
Release Date: October 2, 2007

The Escape Frame’s self-titled album is one that flows from start to finish as one giant song. That's not to say that all the songs sound exactly the same, but rather that the band successfully provides a mellow transition from song to song. While listening to this at work, I was completely calmed down and mellowed out. For that I have to thank the band. Upon hearing it the whole way through, I knew it’d be an album that I would be listening to on late nights to relax.

“Perceptive Motion” is one of my favorite tracks on this disc. The synth, guitar, and bass play to a rhythmic beat that is hard not to move along to. "Mellow" is the best way to describe the feeling the track gives and it's definitely a song to chill to. “Unlike The Ordinary” starts off with an excellent synth beat that continues through the song and makes it feel like a slower-paced dance party. The chorus kicks in with the words “everything could be so beautiful,” and harmony is established. “Dreaming in the Conscious” has a dreamy guitar riff. It is almost as if the fingers are just bouncing around the fretboard to make sweet melodies. The chorus features solid vocals and a recognizable synth beat, then backed by a guitar that just won’t quit.

I feel the cover of Michael Jackson’s “Rock With You” is poorly placed. It would have been better placed as a bonus downloadable track, or at least as the last track of the disc. That’s not to say that The Escape Frame do not do a great job on the cover; it’s actually very enjoyable if you ever liked the original, and even if you didn’t, you may very well enjoy this cover. Following this song is the airy synth-heavy “Before We Die,” which provides an excellent ending to the disc. Acoustic guitars, pianos, and vocal harmonies all play beautifully together as the last words “before we die” are sang to end the disc, a fitting end to a self-titled album that gives the band its sound.

The Escape Frame isn’t necessarily a type of band that I’d normally be listening to, as slow music is really hit-or-miss with me. This band did a great job of keeping me entertained with their smooth vocals, classy guitar riffs and dance-worthy synth. This CD is filled with tracks I could easily see being background songs during party scenes in movies, and I mean that as a compliment. If you get the chance to check out this band, I would; it will do your health some good to relax.

Recommended If You LikeLudo, Circa Survive, The Postal Service

www.myspace.com/theescapeframe

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
12:46 AM on 07/02/09
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
User Info.
I adored this album when it was released. I have to give it more attention. Great review!
08:16 AM on 07/02/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
I adored this album when it was released. I have to give it more attention. Great review!
12:14 PM on 07/02/09
katiee.revengee
Fuck.Yeah!
User Info.
awesome review! :D
i checked this band out.
and let me tell you, your review fits this band to a tee.
01:55 PM on 07/05/09
Mochem
User Info.
The only thing I've heard from this band is part of whatever they contributed to Punk Goes Crunk. I think after reading this and the RIYL, I'll give them another listen.
08:47 AM on 07/06/09
fashionshowdown
You're so money baby!
User Info.
awesome review! :D
i checked this band out.
and let me tell you, your review fits this band to a tee.
thanks a lot, I appreciate the support!
11:25 PM on 07/17/09
nick_abb
The Escape Frame
User Info.
Thanks for the review!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates