Password

Album Review

Hollywood Ave - Poseidon's Piano Album Cover

Hollywood Ave - Poseidon's Piano

Reviewed by
Hollywood Ave - Poseidon's Piano
Record Label: Inner Voice
Release Date: August 20, 2006
This review is a user submitted review from flks511. You can see all of flks511's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
12:18 PM on 07/07/09
Chris.Cullari
Is From Beyond Time!
User Info.
Quote:
Give it a shot; it's worth it.

Definitely, definitely do. This is one of the best independently produced and released debut pop-punk albums in recent memory, hands down. If anything, some of the guitar and drum work reminded me more of Coheed than anything from the boring, shimmery, new school pop-punk crowd.
07:48 AM on 08/25/09
I.vs.continuum
User Info.
This band is incredible.
I appreciate this review but cant say I agree 100% with the first paragraph, I believe this band stands out among most. Listen to them at least 4 times...you'll understand
08:56 PM on 08/25/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
This band is incredible.
I appreciate this review but cant say I agree 100% with the first paragraph, I believe this band stands out among most. Listen to them at least 4 times...you'll understand
I totally agree this album really grew on me. But you can't deny the similarities between them an the majority of the pop-punk acts out there today.
08:29 AM on 08/26/09
I.vs.continuum
User Info.
In some ways, yes flks511 - you are correct. I'll admit that I recognize similarities...on a broad spectrum; if this band were signed and I had come across them because of an MTV promo or something equally as atrocious, I would surely s-talk them and be 'that guy' (or, girl rather) who plays it for a friend and pauses it every 15 seconds to say 'See? Did you hear that? Its just like [insert pop band name here]'. I think my opinion is definitely swayed based on the fact that they are still local and not very well known at all. I was impressed with what they were doing based on all the other garbage that's out there I think, so my opinion was actually unfairly biased haha. It was a great review though, truly
10:30 PM on 10/13/11
kurtdaniel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this band, these guys totally rock. Some of the best song writers I've heard in a very long time.The piano sound is so good that it made me want to learn to play piano..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos