Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 20 of 20.
07:02 PM on 07/09/09
mogwaifearsatan
feels good man
User Info.
good review overall, but what's with those side scores? how are the vocals the highest ranking on an album that treats them as an afterthought, and how is 'creativity' the second lowest on an album that literally sounds like nothing else out there right now? don't understand it.
11:27 AM on 07/10/09
Scott Irvine
Your Virtual Pnin
User Info.
good review overall, but what's with those side scores? how are the vocals the highest ranking on an album that treats them as an afterthought, and how is 'creativity' the second lowest on an album that literally sounds like nothing else out there right now? don't understand it.
Normally I don't respond to people bitching about the arbitrary scores to the left, but this is a little more thought out than the others.

I felt the vocals being so far below in the mix and the fact that they have the perfect sway for the "mood" of the album warrants it a high score. It was a pretty standout part of the album to me. Creativity on the other hand: as I mentioned in the review, there are a number of electronic instrumental songs that really aren't all that innovative. And while I stick by what I said about Bibio standing out right now, heisn't the creative force of the century. A 7.5 is pretty fair score, I'd say.

But seriously...do you really care all that much about, again, arbitrary percentages? I'm just one person.
01:16 AM on 07/12/09
ArTkY_
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
User Info.
Wow who brought the rating down to 64%?
07:16 PM on 07/17/09
IcedOpethBlind
User Info.
Wow who brought the rating down to 64%?
idiots into All Time Low, The Dangerous Summer, etc. aka most of this site
05:07 PM on 08/04/09
Cuddleworthy