http://www.facebook.com/opentofire

Bandcamp - ALL OF OUR MUSIC FOR FREE DOWNLOAD!! http://opentofire.bandcamp.com/

04:30 AM on 07/14/09 
User Info.
Deadbolt01
soundcloud.com/dellauk
Brighton/Nottingham,...
Male - 21 Years Old
Paul man this is good stuff. Are you on lead guitar? I'm really liking the riffs. It reminds me of Tiananmen a little bit(http://www.myspace.com/tiananmenband)which is a compliment. The singer is a bit grunge for my tastes but a lot of people are going to really like it. He sounds like he'd be good live.
05:20 AM on 07/14/09 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
Paul man this is good stuff. Are you on lead guitar? I'm really liking the riffs. It reminds me of Tiananmen a little bit(http://www.myspace.com/tiananmenband)which is a compliment. The singer is a bit grunge for my tastes but a lot of people are going to really like it. He sounds like he'd be good live.
Oh cheers dude!!

Yeah I'm lead guitar and I write all the songs, music and lyrics.

you always send me myspace links knowing I cant view them haha

I like to think we're at our best live, I'm hoping to get us back in the studio very soon to actually get a song recorded well and properly though, got a nice rocking love song I want to get done, which is something we dont have anything like lyrically at the moment. A few people have said a lot of contrasting things about the singer, some people really like him and others cant stand him. I guess he's a love hate kind of guy!
05:35 AM on 07/14/09 
User Info.
Bruycker
Ostend, Belgium
Male - 26 Years Old
Oh cheers dude!!

I like to think we're at our best live, I'm hoping to get us back in the studio very soon to actually get a song recorded well and properly though, got a nice rocking love song I want to get done, which is something we dont have anything like lyrically at the moment. A few people have said a lot of contrasting things about the singer, some people really like him and others cant stand him. I guess he's a love hate kind of guy!

I like it man,

And ofcourse I already heard it before (you gave me the link a while ago)

Like I said before and like what you say, I think that it's at its best live, your riffs are tight, the singer needs some work IMO, not that it's a big problem, just some work.

I'm looking forward to hear some really good recordings Paul!
06:23 AM on 07/14/09 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
I like it man,

And ofcourse I already heard it before (you gave me the link a while ago)

Like I said before and like what you say, I think that it's at its best live, your riffs are tight, the singer needs some work IMO, not that it's a big problem, just some work.

I'm looking forward to hear some really good recordings Paul!

I've told him he needs lessons on how to sing properly instead of taking it all from his throat. He was up for the idea, but I doubt he's looked in to doing it haha

I'll be sure to update everyone when we get it done, I think we may do it live again, but spend extra time on the mixing and rcording of the vocals, I mean the latest Manchester Orchestra album I hear was recorded live I believe, so it can sound good with some well recorded, well mixed instruments.
11:06 AM on 07/14/09 
User Info.
teamhavok
No Avatar Selected
I like the direction your guys are heading in musically i just have one gripe with the sound. Sketchy recordings aside, you should probably want to look into tightening up that lead guitar tone. But like I said before, I like what you guys have so far.
12:35 AM on 07/15/09 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
I like the direction your guys are heading in musically i just have one gripe with the sound. Sketchy recordings aside, you should probably want to look into tightening up that lead guitar tone. But like I said before, I like what you guys have so far.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to us.

The only thing I can say is the last time we recorded I wasn't using my own equipment all but my guitar, next time we go in I plan to use my own amp and pedals to get the sound I usually want.

Thanks again for checking us out, I'll be sure to update when we've recorded again
05:48 AM on 07/16/09 
User Info.
Deadbolt01
soundcloud.com/dellauk
Brighton/Nottingham,...
Male - 21 Years Old
Oh cheers dude!!

Nice one, you're a talented guy haha. Is it weird to write lyrics for someone else to sing? Do you decide the melody as well?

Shit yeah I always forget that grr.

Yeah nice one. Having a love hate singer is probably a good thing, sets you apart.
06:25 AM on 07/16/09 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
Nice one, you're a talented guy haha. Is it weird to write lyrics for someone else to sing? Do you decide the melody as well?

Shit yeah I always forget that grr.

Yeah nice one. Having a love hate singer is probably a good thing, sets you apart.

Erm no not really, I just write what I would want to say, then get him to be my mouth haha

Yeah I pretty much write the riff, verses and chorus then say, what can we do with it to everyone else. the singer has his own way of saying some of the words, but I think that improves it overall.

Indeed, well, that's what I hope anyway

When are you gonna get some stuff up then for me to have a listen to?
06:34 AM on 07/16/09 
User Info.
Deadbolt01
soundcloud.com/dellauk
Brighton/Nottingham,...
Male - 21 Years Old
Erm no not really, I just write what I would want to say, then get him to be my mouth haha

Yeah I pretty much write the riff, verses and chorus then say, what can we do with it to everyone else. the singer has his own way of saying some of the words, but I think that improves it overall.

Indeed, well, that's what I hope anyway

When are you gonna get some stuff up then for me to have a listen to?
Thats cool, nice one. My band has two writing systems that we're deciding between - one is me coming up with the full song instrumentally, us learning it together and editing where needed and then adding lyrics on top from the singer. The other way is that the singer comes up with the chord progressions and lyrics with melodies then we all ad our parts over the top. ATM going for the latter, frees us up a bit, but I have a few ideas that I really want to use and the singer can be lazy sometimes.

Basically as soon as these douches sort themselves out haha. Singer gets back from holiday tomorrow and I leave for Newquay on the 24th so hoping to pack some practises in there, maybe a chance of recording but not gonna promise anything because I've been let down wa too many times.You'll hear it first though ;)
06:46 AM on 07/16/09 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
Thats cool, nice one. My band has two writing systems that we're deciding between - one is me coming up with the full song instrumentally, us learning it together and editing where needed and then adding lyrics on top from the singer. The other way is that the singer comes up with the chord progressions and lyrics with melodies then we all ad our parts over the top. ATM going for the latter, frees us up a bit, but I have a few ideas that I really want to use and the singer can be lazy sometimes.

Basically as soon as these douches sort themselves out haha. Singer gets back from holiday tomorrow and I leave for Newquay on the 24th so hoping to pack some practises in there, maybe a chance of recording but not gonna promise anything because I've been let down wa too many times.You'll hear it first though ;)

I'd never stick to one type though, I mean the other week a new song we're working on at the moment, the bassist had a line he was playing, I was on the drums and kicked in with a beat, it sounded class, so I jumped onto the guitar and started playing along and we've written the song around it, I've wrote the lyrics to the chorus and the singer for the verse. Just mixing it up is the best way to keep it fresh I find!!

Lovely, make sure you get yourselves in the studio when you're practiced enough and get me the files when they're done haha

I really need to get everyone together for this recording soon, I'm desperate to get this track done and out there.
10:16 AM on 09/12/09 
User Info.
SeanFracture
Live Together, Die Alone
SCUMM Bar, Mle...
Male - 29 Years Old
Good stuff mate! Would like to hear some properly recorded stuff, particularly Damage Report.
07:11 AM on 09/14/09 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
Good stuff mate! Would like to hear some properly recorded stuff, particularly Damage Report.

Cheers mate. I missed this somehow from when you posted it.

Yeah I'm speaking to a guy who runs the studio we recorded those in to get us a single track recorded well. I think we're going to do another one instead of one of those three, because they're our oldest songs now. But I'll be sure to let you know when we finally get round to it. Hopefully soon!!
02:14 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
Just updated the page with two new songs
08:43 AM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
halifaxonfire
superrocketcar.bandcamp.c om
Mountainside, NJ
Male - 24 Years Old
great stuff man! i'm really loving Show Me The Way, i love the vocals too. not sure if its just me, but i get a very Noel Gallagher-esque vibe from the vocals in Show Me The Way, which is a good thing lol. keep up the good work dude!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos