- this band crosses so many genres, from alt-country to rock to folk to whatever. i'm sure you can find something of theirs that you like.
the undertow orchestra
- i missed their show at the mfa 'cause it was on valentine's day; but luckily, i found a bootleg. this is basically an indie rock supergroup: david bazan, vic chesnutt, mark eitzel, and will johnson. each member plays three of their songs while the others play and sing backup. once everyone has played their three songs, it repeats. that's a twenty-four song set. amazing. www.bradleysalmanac.com
for the bootleg (and others).
13 & god
- a collaberation between the notwist and themselves, this is (another) indie supergroup of sorts. hip-hop, indie, something. i like it. a lot.
kind of like spitting
- i know, i know, i know. but hear me out: i saw ben perform a solo show on wednesday, and it was the most amazing thing i had ever seen. he played last, in the corner of the room. no stage, no mic, no amp. just singing at the top of his lungs. he made a lot of mistakes. half of his set was comprised of covers. and it was the most amazing thing i had ever seen. please, please, please try to see him live. he's gonna be doing a full-band tour in april; and from what he told me, it's gonna be quite the tour.
- this is a tv show on usa about an obsessive-compulsive detective. it's hilarious. watch it.