AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Head Automatica News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Head Automatica Interview And Cage Remix Recording

Posted by - 11:25 PM on 02/26/06
Kevin Hagan, one of our forum users, had the chance to interview Daryl Palumbo of Glassjaw / Head Automatica on Wednesday night, when Head Automatica came to Phoenix Record Shop in Waterbury CT. It is available online at MegaUpload.com. In related news, the band recently worked with producer Jesse Cannon (The Cure, Madison) on a remix of Cage's track "Shoot Frank", which Daryl Palumbo sings on. The remix will see the light of day on an upcoming single. You can here original version of the track at Myspace.com.

Submitted by: StarterFinisher

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
11:39 PM on 02/26/06
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
User Info.
i dont know if he was sick on their last tour, or just loaded, but he was horrible live the last time i saw them. had absolutely no energy at all
11:47 PM on 02/26/06
anishkabob
three or four
User Info.
didnt he have a crohn's outbreak that tour?
12:26 AM on 02/27/06
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
Originally Posted by BombOutOfBibles
i dont know if he was sick on their last tour, or just loaded, but he was horrible live the last time i saw them. had absolutely no energy at all
if you're talking about the tour they're still on, i'm with you. daryl was too fucked up to be enjoyable. and he started most of their better songs by saying "fuck this song." yeah, not a good time.
01:30 AM on 02/27/06
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
User Info.
Originally Posted by Tony
if you're talking about the tour they're still on, i'm with you. daryl was too fucked up to be enjoyable. and he started most of their better songs by saying "fuck this song." yeah, not a good time.

exactly. i mean, if he had a crohns breakout, i commend his courage, but if he was just fucked up, then i want my 15 dollars back.
01:40 AM on 02/27/06
iamjohndeath
User Info.
Dude, Cage is bad ass. I remember daryl asking if any of us at this head auto show had the new record and i didnt know of it yet, I like it. nice.
04:08 AM on 02/27/06
ThisCutIsDeep
True romance is dead.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kevin hagan is, and always will be, cooler than you.
06:07 AM on 02/27/06
eubanks
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

dude...wtf....you are the one who must of been loaded....i just went to 2 shows this tour and he was great....the whole band was great...daryl had energy up the ass and the band was tight as shit...
08:05 AM on 02/27/06
goulet
Robert
User Info.
did they ask Daryl what its like to shit on himeself on a daily basis?
08:06 AM on 02/27/06
van_morrison
True Punk Fan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Phoenix is a great record shop, it's good to see them getting some publicity.
08:43 AM on 02/27/06
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
User Info.
Originally Posted by eubanks
dude...wtf....you are the one who must of been loaded....i just went to 2 shows this tour and he was great....the whole band was great...daryl had energy up the ass and the band was tight as shit...

where are you from? i guarantee that was not the show at chain reaction in anaheim, ca.
09:46 AM on 02/27/06
kevinhagan
k-hag
User Info.
they were amazing in hartford
daryl is the man
and i love gettin exposure on ap.net
09:50 AM on 02/27/06
technoboogieman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They were amazing in Towson the other night, and more energetic than when I saw them last spring.
10:20 AM on 02/27/06
jurzdevil
User Info.
i heard from friends that at the Rutgers show daryl was drunk off his ass and was all over the place. The show i was at, at starland ballroom, was awesome. He was really into it with the crowd as was the rest of the band. But i think thats because he said it was being filmed for a dvd release, so he probably didnt drink as much.

During the encore cage came out and they did shoot frank and it was pretty good, much better than the myspace version.
11:05 AM on 02/27/06
eubanks
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
where are you from? i guarantee that was not the show at chain reaction in anaheim, ca.

i live on the east coast and i saw them in buffalo and at the starland in nj....daryl is not straight edge anymore but he does not drink...he cant it is not good for him to drink so he dont....the only thing he does is smoke so i dont know why anyone would say that he was drunk cuz he wasnt....alot of what he does on stage is an act anyway....he is there to entertain remember....

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos