AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Paramore News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Chat: Hayley Williams (Paramore)

Posted by - 05:13 PM on 07/09/09
UPDATE: Whoa, let the flames begin. So, we expected a huge chat, but we did not expect anything as colossal as we got. To put it in simple terms, we are broken. We received over 4x the traffic we were prepared for and the site could not possibly handle it. That’s what we get. For this, I apologize and am feeling sorry. We could not possibly handle the amount of exposure the chat garnered nor the thousands of people that put pressure on the site and crushcrushcrushed the site. Looking up, we have a miracle. Hallelujah! Hayley’s going to go through this thread and answer all of your questions. Here we go again…

Hayley Williams of Paramore will be chatting in this thread at approximately 8:30 p.m. ET. Come on in and ask about the new single, "Ignorance," why there are no capital letters in brand new eyes, or just say hello.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 1783
05:14 PM on 07/09/09
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rules for Chat

- Be respectful. Don't be afraid to ask tough questions, but make sure that you are crossing any boundaries of any sort. If you have any hesitations about posting a certain question, odds are you shouldn't post it. Disrespect will not be tolerated and will be met with a deleted post and a ban. Do not ruin this for yourself.
- Double, triple, and quadruple posts will be deleted, along with posts that are overly modified to get the band members' attention. No extra formatting is needed; I'm sure they can read just as well as, if not better than, most of us.
- If your question does not get answered, feel free to ask another.
- This is not a way to ask the band for favors, to ask them if they'll write a song for you or visit you at your house. While I'm sure they'd absolutely love to, try not to hassle them too much.
- You may notice a slight lag on the website while refreshing pages/posting. That's because this band rules and a lot of people want to talk to them and it slows the site down.

*NOTE*
The chat is locked for now so everyone is able to find this. The thread will be opened once we get closer to the chat time.
05:16 PM on 07/09/09
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Dear Hayley, please send me the new Paramore album, thanks! xoxo Drew
05:18 PM on 07/09/09
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I'd like to say that your spot on the new SYG record is brilliant. What's your favorite guest appearance that you've done?
05:20 PM on 07/09/09
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Questions I want answered:

- Any sweet references/homages on the new album like the "Born For This" Refused reference?
- What do you feel is the best song off the new album?
- I saw you wrote against Millionaires...what do you think about the new "crunkcore" genre?
- When are you guys going to start dressing like this? It's in. You do want to be popular, don't you?

05:23 PM on 07/09/09
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Are you going to be touring with The Swellers? Yes? Maybe?
05:24 PM on 07/09/09
Jason Tate
User Info.

Thanks for doing this with us ... really appreciate it.

I apologize in advance if the website goes down - we did all we could to get it ready (and in fact, have a bunch of engineers working on a new chat system in the future because you proved we could max out what we have) for this.
05:25 PM on 07/09/09
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
God, this is going to get buried so quickly, but I sadly can't stick around for the madness, so here's to hoping it gets a response anyway.

Hayley! Just wanted to congratulate you on the band's massive recent success (today's surprise Warped appearance included), thank you for dropping by AP, and wish you best of luck in the chat tonight. I don't have many questions that won't answer themselves when the new album drops, but I'd love to know what tour plans Paramore has in the near-future. I'm not a big fan of arena shows, so I passed on the No Doubt tour, but if you guys plan on hitting any mid-size venues to support brand new eyes, that would be awesome. Last time I caught you guys was at the Avalon in Hollywood back in '07 before Riot! came out; thoroughly enjoyed myself despite having a creeper yelling in my ear all night about how you're his soulmate, haha.

Oh, and since I know you've heard the new Imogen Heap album, tidbits about that would be appreciated. :)
drtomoe123
User Info.
in regards to your setlists, back when I met you guys in nashville on the first RIOT! tour, you mentioned how you kept the same set throughout the entire tour because of the video/light show and then the Final RIOT DVD...but you guys have barely switched up your set ANY since that tour, like, even your (awesome) performance at warped today was practically the No Doubt tour set...any chance of you guys switching it up more during the club tour for brand new eyes?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I've seen you guys plenty of times and every time is amazing, but I'd KILL to be surprised by seeing all we know/conspiracy/miracle or some other random song you guys never play thrown in the set...(or even this circle next time you come through nashville/charlotte/cinci, haha)
Cerejinha
User Info.
Hi Hayley. Are you thinking about coming to Portugal during your next European tour? Because we really want to go to one of yours concert, you have a lots of fans here in portugal. Pleaseee!
sdc17gdb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When are you coming to England????
05:26 PM on 07/09/09
emoolah93
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When will you guys go on tour again and do you think you will come to Virginia? I know it might be a small stage for you at this point but it'd be so kickass if you came to the national like the old days.
paramorerocks8
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
out of all three of the paramore albums which one was the hardest to do??
taylerx0
I'm ready, waiting on my ending.
User Info.
05:27 PM on 07/09/09
alann
Let's go get 'em
User Info.
Team Jack or Team Locke?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates