|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
River City Extension - 02.02.09
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer. |
River City Extension - (Joe Michelini) [myspace] [sonicbids]
1. How did you get your band name?
We got our band name from a song called "The Trouble With River Cities" by a band name Pela. I considered the song an "extension" of my life, as I grew up in Toms River, NJ, and so River City Extension was born.
2. How did this band get started?
I was doing the solo singer/songwriter thing for a long time, I wanted to show people something different could be done with it, and so it was brought there (somewhere different, that is) by a bunch of members who stumbled across us in pretty random situations.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Rubber bands, sweat bands, good bands. You know.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I'd love to tour with Modest Mouse, or maybe Thelonious Monk. They're both pretty crazy son's of bitches.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I'm already furry, dude. I'm italian.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because they are interested in hearing music and all of the sudden realized there was none was coming out of their radio's anymore. Why should people fill out your survey?
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Oh it'd be easy. Not power chord easy, but I taught myself guitar, so I play my own way. It'd take some getting used to but no it would not be difficult.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The bitter ex-musicians who run it.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Ha. Oh yeah.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Yo Yo Bye Bye by Why?
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
A complete log of my memory and the ability to recall and relive the moments as I so chose.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No, otherwise you would have asked to interview us instead ;)
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I don't like seeing people I haven't seen in a while. I always think I want to, but then it always ends up making me extremely uncomfortable.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Oh Christmas for sure.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Cook, and drink.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Picking my nose.
10:10 AM on 07/14/09
The Next Horizon / Eugene
Funny guy. Gonna check 'em out now. :)
10:36 AM on 07/14/09
This band is going to be massive...everyone's whose seen them believe in it. It may take a few months, but this band may become a larger part of your new music vocabulary..
07:50 PM on 07/14/09
I am so excited to see them on this site! I've seen them live and I'm a huge fan. Joe's brilliant.
More From This Author
Buy the Music