Password

Album Review

My Eyes Fall Victim - My Eyes Fall Victim Album Cover

My Eyes Fall Victim - My Eyes Fall Victim

Reviewed by
My Eyes Fall Victim - My Eyes Fall Victim
Record Label: Self-released
Release Date: April 2, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from flks511. You can see all of flks511's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
01:53 AM on 07/28/09
Iwudstilldie4u
UCSD's AP.net liaison
User Info.
This was a great review, but upon listening to the actual music I'd say that I'd rather read the review than hear the songs. The growling is terrible and the production isn't good either. Maybe they'll do better on their second release.
11:23 AM on 07/28/09
TheBestBear
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This was a great review, but upon listening to the actual music I'd say that I'd rather read the review than hear the songs. The growling is terrible and the production isn't good either. Maybe they'll do better on their second release.
I think you're out of your element, man. I didn't see a single band listed on your page that does anything close to a low growl, so maybe growling is just not your thing. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just saying that people reading this review shouldn't take your word for it. Being someone who does listen to a lot of low growling and does appreciate it, I think My Eyes Fall Victim does it very well. You are right about the production quality though. It leaves much to be desired. But for the first release from a young and independent band doing it all on their own, I think it's just fine. It's not terrible by any means, just not studio quality, which is fine considering they probably didn't record in a real studio.
02:33 PM on 07/28/09
guardyourheart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This coming from someone with an Armor For Sleep avatar. As the person said above me, there really isn't a single hardcore band listed on your page so maybe you aren't one to judge. Personally, I completely agree with the review; these guys have the potential to go far.
09:24 PM on 07/29/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
Glad you liked the review.
09:30 PM on 07/29/09
Iwudstilldie4u
UCSD's AP.net liaison
User Info.
I think you're out of your element, man. I didn't see a single band listed on your page that does anything close to a low growl, so maybe growling is just not your thing. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just saying that people reading this review shouldn't take your word for it. Being someone who does listen to a lot of low growling and does appreciate it, I think My Eyes Fall Victim does it very well. You are right about the production quality though. It leaves much to be desired. But for the first release from a young and independent band doing it all on their own, I think it's just fine. It's not terrible by any means, just not studio quality, which is fine considering they probably didn't record in a real studio.

This coming from someone with an Armor For Sleep avatar. As the person said above me, there really isn't a single hardcore band listed on your page so maybe you aren't one to judge. Personally, I completely agree with the review; these guys have the potential to go far.

You're both right, I don't listen to hardcore and I don't normally like growls, so I am not the best person to rate this album objectively. However, to me, the growling on this record is unappealing. It is my opinion and I am entitled to it.
09:45 PM on 07/29/09
TheBestBear
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You're both right, I don't listen to hardcore and I don't normally like growls, so I am not the best person to rate this album objectively. However, to me, the growling on this record is unappealing. It is my opinion and I am entitled to it.
I'm not questioning your right to your opinion or anything, I just wanted people reading your post to understand the growls were unappealing to someone who's not into that sort of thing, and that they were appealing to someone who does appreciate low growls. Just making sure that no fans of hardcore counted MEFV out based on your post, though your statement will probably ring true with those not as into hardcore. Make sense? Totally not trying to start anything. Sorry for any offense.
10:07 PM on 07/29/09
Iwudstilldie4u
UCSD's AP.net liaison
User Info.
I'm not questioning your right to your opinion or anything, I just wanted people reading your post to understand the growls were unappealing to someone who's not into that sort of thing, and that they were appealing to someone who does appreciate low growls. Just making sure that no fans of hardcore counted MEFV out based on your post, though your statement will probably ring true with those not as into hardcore. Make sense? Totally not trying to start anything. Sorry for any offense.
Totally fine. You make a very valid point.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos