Username
Password

08:04 PM on 07/19/09 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
It seems there isn't a thread for all news and talk about boxing to be placed in so I decided to start this.

I'll start by saying that it seems that the Cotto-Pacquiao will indeed be held November 14th at 145lbs.
Feel free to discuss and share more boxing opinions and news!
12:39 AM on 07/21/09 
User Info.
Ben09
Registered Member
The Woodlands, TX
Male
Interesting fight.

Pac's speed vs. Cotto's size. Cotto's is going to be around 160 come fight night.

If the fight's close and goes the distance, I see a decision for Pac. Cotto's probably leaving Top Rank for GBP at the end of the year so Arum's is trying to get as much money as he can right now.
12:57 AM on 07/21/09 
User Info.
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
St. Louis, MO
Male - 24 Years Old
Since this thread is in its childhood, it's prime to state that, if things stay as they are, boxing is dying a slow painful death. It's likely that if boxing ever tries to regain lost exposure, there won't be anything left to regain because of the rise of MMA and kickboxing.
10:31 AM on 07/21/09 
User Info.
Ben09
Registered Member
The Woodlands, TX
Male
Since this thread is in its childhood, it's prime to state that, if things stay as they are, boxing is dying a slow painful death. It's likely that if boxing ever tries to regain lost exposure, there won't be anything left to regain because of the rise of MMA and kickboxing.

The US isn't the only boxing market, but good job trying to nuthug.

You've obviously haven't seen the massive support it has in Germany.
10:49 AM on 07/21/09 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
Interesting fight.

Pac's speed vs. Cotto's size. Cotto's is going to be around 160 come fight night.

If the fight's close and goes the distance, I see a decision for Pac. Cotto's probably leaving Top Rank for GBP at the end of the year so Arum's is trying to get as much money as he can right now.

Yeah I think Pac would win this fight. He needs to stop with this catchweight bullshit though. Cotto is in talks about being trained by Emmanuel Steward or Buddy Mcgirt.

Speaking of Freddie Roach's prize fighters, Amir Khan defeated Andreas Kotelnik in what was apparently a clinic according to the judges scorecard to win his first major championship. I still don't believe the hype on this guy and seeing him fight makes me miss Naseem Hamed even more.
11:33 AM on 07/21/09 
User Info.
Ben09
Registered Member
The Woodlands, TX
Male
Khan still isn't that good. Has a china chin and no accuracy with weak hands.

Cotto is supposed to be making 15 million fighting Pac.

Pac is supposed to be making anywhere from 25 to 30 million for fighting Cotto.
01:08 PM on 07/21/09 
User Info.
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
St. Louis, MO
Male - 24 Years Old
The US isn't the only boxing market, but good job trying to nuthug.

You've obviously haven't seen the massive support it has in Germany.

Why is is that, when discussing combat sports such as boxing and MMA, people seem to think you can simply say "nuthugger" and expect to be taken seriously when the word itself is a stupid fanboy fad?

And if you don't think that boxing is on the cusp of dying worldwide, you need to take a broader view of the sport. As an art, it will never go under but, as a mainstream attraction, the sport is losing its luster. It just happens to be happening more rapidly in the US since the US is the birthplace (financially) of the sport that seems to be on its way to replacing boxing as the premier contact sport.

And you can either blame this on America's frat boy blood lust or on the fact that the balance of power in US mainstream boxing is way off the mark.
01:45 PM on 07/21/09 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
Joe Rogan is that you? haha but seriously boxing may never become what it used to be but hey, I enjoy it and I'm sure a lot of other people do.
01:55 PM on 07/21/09 
User Info.
Ben09
Registered Member
The Woodlands, TX
Male
I hope neither guy brings his wife ringside...just in case

02:32 PM on 07/21/09 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
Lol at Cotto's wife
03:27 PM on 07/21/09 
User Info.
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
St. Louis, MO
Male - 24 Years Old
Joe Rogan is that you? haha but seriously boxing may never become what it used to be but hey, I enjoy it and I'm sure a lot of other people do.

Haha, White is the anti-boxing voice, not Rogan.

And, of course, I also enjoy boxing...usually more so than the other two mentioned sport. However, the sport's management is piss poor right now.
05:33 AM on 07/22/09 
User Info.
Ben09
Registered Member
The Woodlands, TX
Male
Cotto signed a 2 year extension with Top Rank.
07:31 PM on 07/26/09 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
Vernon Forrest passed away on saturday due to an attempted robbery. He was only 38. R.I.P.
11:28 PM on 08/07/09 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
looks like klitschko vs. arreola is on for september.

i'm suprised pacquio is taking on cotto but i guess it's not anymore dangerous then mayweather taking on marquez is.

i hope the pavlik vs. williams fight comes together.
11:44 AM on 08/08/09 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
looks like klitschko vs. arreola is on for september.

i'm suprised pacquio is taking on cotto but i guess it's not anymore dangerous then mayweather taking on marquez is.

i hope the pavlik vs. williams fight comes together.

Hell yeah
Did anyone catch Assault In The Ring last week? Pretty good documentary

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests