Username
Password

12:11 PM on 02/10/07 
User Info.
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
Rockland,...
Male - 27 Years Old
I think a lot of people just doubt Silva, and have an affinity for Swick. He's come a long way, but he won't beat Silva if they go at it. Either way I'd imagine Franklin gets the next shot.

I still give Swick a chance vs Silva (i consider this to be one of those less predictable fights), but you're right about Franklin getting the next shot. He's going to destroy MacDonald and we'll see what happens when he gets Silva. I can't just count Franklin out even though he was dominated last time. He's had too many impressive fights for me to rule him out. It seems like Swick will be waiting a lot longer than planned for a title match considering how long he's been asking for the shot. Hopefully they'll have Swick fight somebody decent on the same card as the Franklin Vs. Silva fight. That will be a good time for whoever's holding the belt at the end of the night to address Swick's requests.
12:09 AM on 02/11/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
My Thoughts on Elite XC:

-I think it's both great and terrible that the best fight televised was a Female MMA Match. Gina Carano is a serious striker, and if she improves her ground game she looks pretty fucking dominating. As much as I'd love to see her naked, I hope she keeps her clothes on and doesn't cheapen herself and show herself as a legit fighter not just a female fighter.

-I don't know if Mauro Ranallo just couldn't deal with Glazer or Goldberg, but he really did a bad job at play by play. Goldberg and Glazer were horrid! They really need to get a guy who has been a serious MMA fighter in there to be color commentator. If they keep these announcers they need to do their homework better. I know Krazy Horse wasn't showing respect to KJ's striking, but they didn't mention that Krazy Horse has only been KO'd once.

-Krazy Horse is a douche bag, but he's a fun fighter to watch. He'll never really be a contender or someone who gets any contention in the big leagues, but he can throw.

-The production was terrible and there was wayyy to much dead air.

-It's a shame that Antonio Silva will be forced to fight freak shows, because he is a serious fighter.

-Frank Shamrock is officially washed up. Renzo was taking care of him, until the odd ending. It was a tough call to make, the intentional or unintentional could have gone either way.

-You can throw The Crow in that washed up pile as well.

-I liked how they showed the background of the fighters.

-I hope they don't rely on just big names for their main events forever. I'd like to see them do a tournament of some kind to find champions.

-I found it interesting that Vera was there in Noons' corner. I think that said a lot about his negotiations with EliteXC.

Overall I'd give it the show a C. 3 good fights, 3 bad fights. The production was pretty bad, announcing was worse. I enjoyed the fighter's fighting background. Obviously, the show has potential. It's on Showtime, and they seem to be really behind it, so it has the publicity. Lets hope they sign some good fighters that can put on a show. Oh, and have Gina Carano on every show.
08:23 AM on 02/11/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Did you stream any of the undercard fights? I haven't seen it yet. I'll watch it in a little while and tell you what I think.
04:59 PM on 02/13/07 
User Info.
thefearofchange
PRIDE's awesome cuz you can stomp!
06:20 PM on 02/15/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Reefer Sutherland
Tucson, Arizona
Male - 32 Years Old
PRIDE's awesome cuz you can stomp!

not in the american events. word
07:41 PM on 02/15/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Finally saw Elite XC. Krazy horse had a great knock out, a good way to start a show. Crow looked like a turtle on his back. The female fight was awesome, Gina was dropping bombs and Julie was taking them. Both definitely need to work on their ground game. I don't want to talk about the Shamrock/Gracie fight. Heh, a decent show. They need better announcers, get rid of Glazer and Goldberg.

Also Crocop's next victim...i mean opponent is Gabriel Gonzaga supposedly.
11:36 PM on 02/16/07 
User Info.
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
Rockland,...
Male - 27 Years Old
I guess UFC wants to punish Gonzaga for being part of the most boring fight in UFC history.
10:15 PM on 02/20/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
Been pretty quiet on the MMA front as of late. Looking forward to the Pride card in Vegas this weekend.
04:19 AM on 02/21/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Reefer Sutherland
Tucson, Arizona
Male - 32 Years Old
Been pretty quiet on the MMA front as of late. Looking forward to the Pride card in Vegas this weekend.

agreed. i'm looking forward to gomi and diaz. and i'm getting excited for the UFC ppv next month. word.

this is way off subject but i just put up some instrumental stuff i've been writing. if you're bored. it's http://www.myspace.com/therecessionoftides it's a total 180 from my old band, versus the mirror. it's way rough. just having fun. thanks guys.
11:07 AM on 02/21/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
agreed. i'm looking forward to gomi and diaz. and i'm getting excited for the UFC ppv next month. word.

this is way off subject but i just put up some instrumental stuff i've been writing. if you're bored. it's http://www.myspace.com/therecessionoftides it's a total 180 from my old band, versus the mirror. it's way rough. just having fun. thanks guys.
I like it. Its good stuff.
I'm really looking forward to the Danzig and Sakurai fight. I heard a lot of hype about Danzig. The only fight I saw of his was his grappling fight in X Mission.
11:22 AM on 02/21/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Reefer Sutherland
Tucson, Arizona
Male - 32 Years Old
I like it. Its good stuff.
I'm really looking forward to the Danzig and Sakurai fight. I heard a lot of hype about Danzig. The only fight I saw of his was his grappling fight in X Mission.

thanks. appreciated. mac danzig is a monster. he's a monster...that fight should be great.
05:06 PM on 02/23/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
What would you guys think if the UFC didn't have unaired undercard fights? Would this hurt them or will it make a card better?
05:10 PM on 02/23/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
What would you guys think if the UFC didn't have unaired undercard fights? Would this hurt them or will it make a card better?

Well the undercard fights tend to be lesser known guys cutting their teeth, so I'd say its better for the company. Also the better fights end up being aired after the main card fights are over.

Also Fabricio Werdum has been signed by the UFC making the Heavyweight Division that much better. He'll be going at it with Arlovski in the UK soon. Should be a great fight.
07:33 PM on 02/23/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Pride show all their fights, right? That why I asked my previous question.

So far UFC 70 is looking real good. In addition to Werdum/Arlovski, other fights include Crocop/Gonzaga, Bisping/Sinosic, and Griffin/Machida.
02:01 AM on 02/25/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Reefer Sutherland
Tucson, Arizona
Male - 32 Years Old
the pride event tonight was fuckin stellar. the diaz/gomi fight was great (who would have thought it would have ended like that) so was the henderson/silva fight. the undercard was pretty solid too. sucked for mac danzig. he got rocked. overall, great ppv for pride.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets