Username
Password

09:22 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
Disappointing, but expect. I wonder who Cain fights now, or if he's pulled from the card.

Cain's manager said that he'll remain on the card with an opponent to be named later.
09:24 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
Cain's manager said that he'll remain on the card with an opponent to be named later.
I would just pull Werdum from the Brazil card.
09:26 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
I would just pull Werdum from the Brazil card.

That'd make sense but if they actually are pulling Silva-Sonnen from the card would that be doing too much damage to that card?
09:26 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
Lynnwood, WA
Male - 28 Years Old
I'm hoping Overeem is cleared to fight, anyway, and they put him in against Cain. I think that the UFC doesn't want Overeem winning a title right now, regardless of his explanation or if he gets cleared. They could literally figure out that the test was screwed up and he was actually at completely normal levels and the word would still spread that a fighter who was proven to be on the strongest steroids in history was allowed to become champion.

I'm not saying his levels are normal...I'm just saying that it's too late to change the perception, regardless.
09:29 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
That'd make sense but if they actually are pulling Silva-Sonnen from the card would that be doing too much damage to that card?
Probably, but Belfort vs. Wandy would probably sell the event out itself.
09:34 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
blindrider529
Lynnwood, WA
Male - 28 Years Old

That's what I was thinking. I bet the Brazilian fans are really disappointed about that right now and I don't think pulling more high profile Brazilians would help. Either way the Brazilian's will watch the fights...but it would suck to have all these Brazilian stars taken off the card, including one of the biggest rematches in MMA history.
10:58 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Figure8Guitar
Columbia, MO
Male - 25 Years Old
That's what I was thinking. I bet the Brazilian fans are really disappointed about that right now and I don't think pulling more high profile Brazilians would help. Either way the Brazilian's will watch the fights...but it would suck to have all these Brazilian stars taken off the card, including one of the biggest rematches in MMA history.

Someone made the suggestion on twitter of having Bigfoot fight Cain, then pulling in someone like Mitrione to fight Big Country. I wouldn't be too disappointed in that, but Wedrum vs. Cain just sounds like an amazing match up to me.
11:30 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
St. Louis, MO
Male - 24 Years Old
I was very much looking forward to Cain/Mir, not so much JDS/Mir.

But, with the switch up, I'd prefer seeing Cain take on Werdum than Bigfoot. I think Cain/Bigfoot would be only slightly less one-sided than Cormier/Bigfoot, with Silva against suffering a huge speed disadvantage.
10:50 AM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 26 Years Old
Just watched last night's Bellator, that was an awesome show. Close fights, comebacks, and awesome knockouts. Hopefully the UFC can get Alvarez, their is really nothing left for him to do in Bellator. I cannot wait for the fights tonight, underrated card in my opinion.
11:08 AM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
cvs24
Jersey Born & Raised
Northern NJ
Male - 21 Years Old
Just watched last night's Bellator, that was an awesome show. Close fights, comebacks, and awesome knockouts. Hopefully the UFC can get Alvarez, their is really nothing left for him to do in Bellator. I cannot wait for the fights tonight, underrated card in my opinion.

Yeah, I'll be very surprised if Alvarez stays in Bellator, especially with Bjorn Rebney saying he's going to have to go through another tourney before getting a re-match with Chandler. I wouldn't say that was Eddie's career defining fight, but it definitely was his big-money fight. I heard talks that whoever won, whether it be Aoki or Alvarez, last night would pretty much end up with a UFC contract shortly after, and Alvarez it is.

Also looking forward to tonight's card. I have a lot of finishes on my tapology picks, so hopefully it ends up being reflective.
11:16 AM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
Aoki has always been overrated. His fight against Melendez was laughable at best.
01:21 PM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
02:44 PM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
blindrider529
Lynnwood, WA
Male - 28 Years Old
This card is going to be filthy. A few really big names, obviously, but a ton of lesser known killers. I'm excited for this whole card.
03:36 PM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
Figure8Guitar
Columbia, MO
Male - 25 Years Old
This card is going to be filthy. A few really big names, obviously, but a ton of lesser known killers. I'm excited for this whole card.

Not gonna lie, the entire undercard looks like it is going to blow the main card away (save for the main event). I can't wait!
03:46 PM on 04/21/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
I am so pumped to see Rory fight again dude is a fucking monster. Along with McDonald I hope he tears off Torres head.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos