Username
Password

02:29 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
That's assuming he gets him down, though. Jones is going to fight from VERY far away and make it hard for Chael to even get in close. Then when he does, it's not going to be like Anderson Silva. Chael was most likely the stronger fighter against Silva, and this time he's going to be going against an (arguably) stronger, bigger, and more dangerous WRESTLER.

Running at him and taking him down isn't going to be an easy task. Especially considering, in this fight, Chael runs the risk of being stuffed and ending up on bottom beneath those elbows.

If I'm not mistaken, Sonnen does best against strikers. It will be interesting to see what he'll do against someone with a long reach.
02:49 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 24 Years Old
If I'm not mistaken, Sonnen does best against strikers. It will be interesting to see what he'll do against someone with a long reach.

That's what I meant to say. Silva's biggest (maybe only) hole in his game was his wrestling, while Jones' wrestling is arguably his best tool (I mean, as far as I know, no one has been able to get close to taking him down). If nothing else, his reach is just going to keep Sonnen from getting a smooth takedown attempt in, which is a HUGE factor when fighting against another wrestler.
03:06 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
That's what I meant to say. Silva's biggest (maybe only) hole in his game was his wrestling, while Jones' wrestling is arguably his best tool (I mean, as far as I know, no one has been able to get close to taking him down). If nothing else, his reach is just going to keep Sonnen from getting a smooth takedown attempt in, which is a HUGE factor when fighting against another wrestler.

I'll be excited to see Sonnen in there against Jones because we all know Sonnen comes to fight without any fear of his opponent.

Completely off topic, I'd like to see GSP move up to MW, he seems able to do so. He is so lean with muscle, he should be able to pack on a little fat and still be able to be in great shape for a decent sized MW.
03:58 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
badger52683
AP Madden Vet
FL
Male - 30 Years Old
Sonnen and Jones will be good for the show. I'm excited for this fight even though it is a bad matchup for Sonnen.
03:59 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 23 Years Old
It's gonna be hard to get Jones down with his reach and his wrestling background. He will use his strikes to keep the distance.
04:05 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
badger52683
AP Madden Vet
FL
Male - 30 Years Old
I really wish Jones didn't bitch out so I don't have to wait half a year to see this fight.
04:12 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 28 Years Old
I just read about Sonnen and Jones coaching on TUF. That is going to be amazing. Sonnen is going to be a solid coach. Not sure what to expect from Jones.

I've been a loyal viewer of TUF for years now and I've never been more excited.
06:55 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Rented World
Toronto, ON
Male - 25 Years Old
So let me get this straight... Jones is running out of contenders, so their solution is to match up the two current best and most deserving contenders in Machida and Henderson, losing one of them in the process (the loser probably won't get another shot, either unless something crazy like a random injury happens). Then, they let an undeserving MW who just got finished on his second title shot in 4 fights jump the entire line? Are they serious? Even Jones himself said fighting Chael delegitimizes the belt because he is undeserving.

I would at least match up Machida and Sonnen first, if anything. I don't even think he deserves Machida considering he hasn't had a fight at LHW yet, but that would be better than this set up.

This fight is happening for TUF ratings, and TUF ratings only. There's no way the UFC/FX are satisfied with the ratings TUF is pulling right now, and when you're locked into a broadcast deal with one of the biggest television networks in the world, you do whatever you can to pull those ratings. FX will want big name coaches who will draw eyes, and right now, Sonnen is the best option the UFC has. Couple his sure behavior with a title fight on the line at the end of the season, it's a no-brainer.

Zero doubt in my mind that if TUF wasn't involved, this fight would not be happening right away.
09:22 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
AussieBoy
Bondi Beach, Sydney
Male
These coaches. And get some entertaining fighters in the house (like leben, koscheck, freak show, titties, bruce leeroy, mitrione etc were) and this could potentially be the most memorable TUF yet!!

So excited. Even pumped for the coaches fight at the end of it.

Hope a hatred of Chael doesn't get jones and silva bonding more. They gotta fight!
01:18 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
Conference call for TUF 17 right now, couple of important things:

-TUF is moving to Tuesdays for this season.
-Dana hinting this is NOT a title fight, keeps saying that Gus/Hendo/Machida/Shogun will still be able to fight Jones for the title after TUF season is over.
01:42 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 24 Years Old
I can actually agree with what Dana said about having the rest of the guys fight in the mean time. Jones CAN'T fight until April from his injury. No sense in having any of those exciting guys like Machida, Henderson, Gus, and Shogun shelved for half a year (not that Sonnen isn't exciting, he just isn't key to the division).
01:46 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
I can actually agree with what Dana said about having the rest of the guys fight in the mean time. Jones CAN'T fight until April from his injury. No sense in having any of those exciting guys like Machida, Henderson, Gus, and Shogun shelved for half a year (not that Sonnen isn't exciting, he just isn't key to the division).

Dana is implying that this is a title fight, so we'll see what happens.
01:47 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
badger52683
AP Madden Vet
FL
Male - 30 Years Old
It is so far out. Who knows what happens between now and then. Its probably better to not freak out over it. TUF will be entertaining with these two even if they dont fight at the end.

One thing they should bring back is the coaches actually fighting on cable on the finale. I dont like how they move it to PPV. Reward the viewers of the show by showing the coach fight on the finale.
02:43 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
AussieBoy
Bondi Beach, Sydney
Male
It is so far out. Who knows what happens between now and then. Its probably better to not freak out over it. TUF will be entertaining with these two even if they dont fight at the end.

One thing they should bring back is the coaches actually fighting on cable on the finale. I dont like how they move it to PPV. Reward the viewers of the show by showing the coach fight on the finale.

I thought they have been doing lately that and didn't use to have the coach fight on the finalist day? But injury has mucked with that of late

Chael is goin to make a great coach.
I think jones could be. But think he might be a bit too self obsorbed/young to be a good one yet. We'll see

Bit bummed if its not a title fight. Especially with jones to be such a hot favourite, why not give Chael a chance at it for shits and giggles, should be an easy defence to add to the resume

Edit: someone said jones has an injury? From the vitor fight? The armbar?
02:46 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
I thought they have been doing lately that and didn't use to have the coach fight on the finalist day? But injury has mucked with that of late

Chael is goin to make a great coach.
I think jones could be. But think he might be a bit too self obsorbed/young to be a good one yet. We'll see

The conference call between Dana/Jones/Sonnen and some reporters was pretty funny. Then of course you have Helwani on the line trying to instigate some problems, like he always does. Talking about how Chael's own team mates (Hendo) say that he is undeserving of a shot, bla bla bla. Glad Chael called him out by saying, "Ariel, we both know you made up that quote...". Was pretty hilarious. There was some back and forth between Jones and Sonnen and Jones was coming off VERY childish during the exchange.

Really can't wait for this season, haven't watched since Diego Brandao won.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets