AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:05 PM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Phil's original trainer is my trainer. Whenever he's in New York I've worked with him here and there.

I think they'll eventually go at it. I find it funny when Frank calls him a roidhead when Frank and his brother both were. Supposedly Phil did have legit family problems. He's an ass but he isn't afraid of anyone.

As for my 'career', I'm pretty good for someone who doesn't train nearly as hard as they should. If I wanted to be serious I have a good enough body type to go for it. I'm 6'0 162lbs resting and I can drop to 157 with ease. I've won 3 out of 4 of my kickboxing fights by TKO so, who knows. Right now I'm getting my MFA in Creative Writing and thats the most important thing right now. To be honest it is a lot of fucking work, for not a lot of money. Once I get a teaching job I may explore it more though.

As for Burkman and Koscheck (and I forgot Jon Fitch) they have some decent wins I think, and if they keep improving they are solid competitors if anything.

Miller fought Trigg in November I think, and I haven't heard anything of him since. He may show up, but I think they feel confident in their fighters at Welterweight and Middleweight. That's why they have gone after the other 3 weight classes in their free agent signings.

I think Lindland is possibly the most overrated fighter in MMA. He's beaten middle of the road fighters and guys at the ends of their respective careers. He has a few wins here and there that are semi-impressive and that's it. As for the fight with Fedor, his only chance of prolonging it is by getting it to the ground, which isn't even that safe of a place as Fedor can submit you from his back easily. I don't think he has a snowballs chance in hell personally. If Bustamante can submit him than I'd say Fedor can submits him relatively early.

Good luck getting your MFA. I was thinking of going back to school for childhood education since I think I'm good with/like kids. Thats still up in the air though.

I think Burkman, Koscheck, and Fitch have decent wins, but they only fought a few established fighters. Koscheck fought and lost to Drew Fickett, Burkman beat Sam Morgan, Fickett, but lost to Fitch, and Fitch beat Alves. I see them as great midcard talent, but I really don't see them becoming a champ. Diego on the other hand has potential but I can't stand the way he presents himself in the pre and post fight interviews.

I heard that Frank Trigg is going to be doing double duty at the next pride event. After his fight, he's suppose to commentate. Stephen Quadros, El Guapo and Trigg are probably my favorite commentators. Oh, while i'm still talking about Pride, I love the person who introduces the fighter while the fighter is going down the ramp(if you know what I'm talking about.).

Yeah, I was suprised when I heard Lindland was fighting Fedor. Oh well, Fedor wants to stay busy i guess until he fights Barnett or Minotauro.

I never introduced myself. I'm John by the way.
09:20 PM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
Good luck getting your MFA. I was thinking of going back to school for childhood education since I think I'm good with/like kids. Thats still up in the air though.

I think Burkman, Koscheck, and Fitch have decent wins, but they only fought a few established fighters. Koscheck fought and lost to Drew Fickett, Burkman beat Sam Morgan, Fickett, but lost to Fitch, and Fitch beat Alves. I see them as great midcard talent, but I really don't see them becoming a champ. Diego on the other hand has potential but I can't stand the way he presents himself in the pre and post fight interviews.

I heard that Frank Trigg is going to be doing double duty at the next pride event. After his fight, he's suppose to commentate. Stephen Quadros, El Guapo and Trigg are probably my favorite commentators. Oh, while i'm still talking about Pride, I love the person who introduces the fighter while the fighter is going down the ramp(if you know what I'm talking about.).

Yeah, I was suprised when I heard Lindland was fighting Fedor. Oh well, Fedor wants to stay busy i guess until he fights Barnett or Minotauro.

I never introduced myself. I'm John by the way.

I try not to doubt any fighter because Wanderlei Silva used to look ordinary back in the day, and he's turned into one of the most dominating fighters in the world.
09:20 PM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
O and I'm Pete nice to have some one around who enjoys MMA John.
07:55 AM on 01/27/07 
User Info.
MIKEY_HORROR
Hoods nvr stop, thy jst take breaks
"330"
Male - 31 Years Old
ahh i missed the fight last night (work..ugh)...but i tivo'd it, so its on tonite.. it was rough skipping through this thread and not looking at the results...

i got my tickets for the 3rd in Columbus.. i cant wait to go see that live, seats arent great..but i didnt have $700-800 dollars to spend on it.

anyways, the card looks pretty solid...(bolding my predictions)
Tim Sylvia vs. Randy Couture (Heavyweight Championship)
Rich Franklin vs. Jason McDonald ( i think it will be closer then most people think though)
Matt Hughes vs. Chris Lytle (Hughes asked for Diego, UFC Said "No.")
Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami
Renato Sobral vs. Jason Lambert
Jon Fitch vs. Luigi Fioramanti ( not real familiar with either of these fighters)
Matt Hamill
vs Rex Holman
Martin Kampmann vs Drew Mc Fedries
Assuerio Silva vs TBA

lastly.. i keep looking for Duane "BANG" Ludwig to fight again.. that kid is sooo good, his kicks are phenomenal...he really needs to start fighting more... i think he could work his way up and dominate the lightwieght section
01:18 PM on 01/27/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
I heard that Koscheck and Sanchez is probable and Hermes Franca is getting a title shot(thats been confirmed but no set date). Fight Night 8 got a rating of 1.7, the highest since Ortiz and Shamrock 3. Franca and Sherk can be a hell of a match, I think it can go either way.
03:27 PM on 01/27/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Beast Nashville
Nashville, TN
Male - 32 Years Old
I heard that Koscheck and Sanchez is probable and Hermes Franca is getting a title shot(thats been confirmed but no set date). Fight Night 8 got a rating of 1.7, the highest since Ortiz and Shamrock 3. Franca and Sherk can be a hell of a match, I think it can go either way.

I really hope Sanchez fights Koscheck because I hate Josh Koscheck and would like to see him go down just like the Drew Fickett match a while ago. And I'm looking forward to Sherk vs Franca. I like Hermes a lot but he gassed out really bad in the second round with Spencer Fisher. Sherk was able to go all 5 rounds with Florian with no problem. Hopefully, Sherk will fully recover.
03:28 PM on 01/27/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Beast Nashville
Nashville, TN
Male - 32 Years Old
oh and in response to Mikey Horror not being familiar with Jon Fitch or Luigi Fioramanti. Jon Fitch just might be the truth. He's a solid fighter. Don't know about Luigi though.
03:53 PM on 01/27/07 
User Info.
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
Rockland,...
Male - 27 Years Old
The next few UFC ppv's should be interesting.

Here's the almost confirmed schedules:
UFC 68 - Columbus, Ohio
Tim Sylvia vs. Randy Couture (Heavyweight Championship)
Rich Franklin vs. Jason McDonald
Matt Hughes vs. Chris Lytle (Hughes asked for Diego, UFC Said "No.")
Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami
Renato Sobral vs. Jason Lambert
Jon Fitch vs. Luigi Fioramanti
Matt Hamill vs Rex Holman
Martin Kampmann vs Drew Mc Fedries
Assuerio Silva vs TBA

UFC 69 - Houston, Texas (was supposed to be in Montreal, Canada)
GSP vs. Matt Serra (Welterweight Championship) *Depending on Knee Injury to GSP
Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes
Diego Sanchez vs TBA (Possibly Josh Koscheck?)
Joe Stevenson vs. TBA (Possibly Caol Uno)

UFC 70 - Manchester, England
Tito Ortiz vs TBA
Michael Bisping vs TBA
Forrest Griffin vs TBA

Franklin, Hughes, and Swick are all going to dominate on that first card. I also expect Sylvia, Fitch, and Hamill to win, but I'm not sure how dominant those fighters will be.
06:13 PM on 01/27/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
I like Franca a lot, but he won't beat Sherk. Sherk will hold that belt until he fights BJ Penn.

Diego will beat Koscheck, but Koscheck will hang around.

I'm really interested in seeing Hamill fight. I mean the guy clearly is a fantastic wrestler, and I'd like to see how his training has come along.
08:10 PM on 01/27/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
I finally watched UFN 8 and I think we saw the real Ed Herman. I enjoyed the Franca and Fisher fight, I don't think the Franca and Sherk fight would be as fast paced as that fight. I think that fight go either way, if Sherk imposes his wrestling game, he won, while you never know with BJJ fighters. Hermes may be able to pull off some weird unusual submission like an ommaplatta or gogoplatta.
Rashad Evans had a strong outing. Since Forrest lost to Jardine, does that mean Rashad would be next in line once Liddell heals up? Heath Herring's performance was somewhat disappointing. Overall one of the better UFNs.

I also saw the the Pros vs. Joes with Couture. That shit was hilarous. One guy was being stubborn and didn't want to tap when he was in a kimura.
09:59 PM on 01/27/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
I finally watched UFN 8 and I think we saw the real Ed Herman. I enjoyed the Franca and Fisher fight, I don't think the Franca and Sherk fight would be as fast paced as that fight. I think that fight go either way, if Sherk imposes his wrestling game, he won, while you never know with BJJ fighters. Hermes may be able to pull off some weird unusual submission like an ommaplatta or gogoplatta.
Rashad Evans had a strong outing. Since Forrest lost to Jardine, does that mean Rashad would be next in line once Liddell heals up? Heath Herring's performance was somewhat disappointing. Overall one of the better UFNs.

I also saw the the Pros vs. Joes with Couture. That shit was hilarous. One guy was being stubborn and didn't want to tap when he was in a kimura.

To be honest I don't think they want to put Evans out there that quick. Because

1) It could go either way Liddell could kill Evans and it set back his progress
2) Evans beats Liddell and it ruins the Jackson vs. Liddell fight

Either of those hurts the UFC in the money department. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson get the next shot at Chuck. If he doesn't don't count out Jardine as an opponent. He's the only one that's around in that division that Chuck hasn't beat. As for Forest I think he needs to have a couple fights that build up his confidence. Maybe have him fight Babalu. Forest is a ways off from really getting a shot at winning that title.

Also I really think Sherk is going to overpower Hermes.
10:35 PM on 01/27/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Those reasons are valid points. So lets say Marvin Eastman beats Rampage(you never know), who do you think will be Chuck's next opponent? Do you think the booking department will still book Liddell/Rampage 2? Or will they wait it out until someone else emerges? Thinking off the top of my top, but I think Rashad is the only "new" talent thats undefeated in the UFC(with the exception of Rampage and Lyoto Machida). Also what do you ever think we'll see a Wanderlei vs Chuck?

If Babalu wins his fight in March, I think they might him against Tito since Tito called him out and called him a "b-rated fighter".

I guess whenever Franca/Sherk fight happens, we'll see how well Franca sprawls and how good he is on his back.
11:21 PM on 01/27/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
Those reasons are valid points. So lets say Marvin Eastman beats Rampage(you never know), who do you think will be Chuck's next opponent? Do you think the booking department will still book Liddell/Rampage 2? Or will they wait it out until someone else emerges? Thinking off the top of my top, but I think Rashad is the only "new" talent thats undefeated in the UFC(with the exception of Rampage and Lyoto Machida). Also what do you ever think we'll see a Wanderlei vs Chuck?

If Babalu wins his fight in March, I think they might him against Tito since Tito called him out and called him a "b-rated fighter".

I guess whenever Franca/Sherk fight happens, we'll see how well Franca sprawls and how good he is on his back.

Like I said I think they want to hold back guys like Evans and Diego. Have you noticed how rare it is to see young guys win Championships? It's a veteran's sport for the most part. There is no point to have guys like Evans and Diego go in and lose to the champions. It's only going to set them back. The best thing they can do is slowly build them up by giving them tougher and tougher opponents.

In terms of his next opponent if it's not Rampage I'd say its either Lambert if he beats Sobral or Jardine. I wouldn't even count out Couture going at him for a retirement match.

You may be right with Babalu vs. Ortiz. I'd love to see him win, because I'm a huge Babalu fan.
02:12 PM on 01/28/07 
User Info.
MIKEY_HORROR
Hoods nvr stop, thy jst take breaks
"330"
Male - 31 Years Old
Diego vs. Koscheck would actually be a pretty tough match up...i dont see Diego losing to him, but Koscheck is a hell of a wrestler..one of the best i have seen in awhile..i wouldnt be completely caught of guard if he'd sneak out with a win (if they go the distance)... but i'd put my money on Diego..

i never really thought about it..but i'd guess that the Babalu vs. Ortiz fight is probably very likely to happen here soon in UFC70, i'd say. I'd like to see Ortiz lose that one...but i honestly dont think it will happen..Ortiz will more inlikely knock him out by the 2nd round.

i also finally watched the Fight Night thing... and was soo dissapointed in Heath.. I couldnt believe the lack of defense he was showing... the dude is much better then that... hopefully he can get his shit together, cause i like him and he could be a force to reckon with, if he'd get his stuff together.
05:48 PM on 01/28/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Like I said I think they want to hold back guys like Evans and Diego. Have you noticed how rare it is to see young guys win Championships? It's a veteran's sport for the most part. There is no point to have guys like Evans and Diego go in and lose to the champions. It's only going to set them back. The best thing they can do is slowly build them up by giving them tougher and tougher opponents.

In terms of his next opponent if it's not Rampage I'd say its either Lambert if he beats Sobral or Jardine. I wouldn't even count out Couture going at him for a retirement match.

You may be right with Babalu vs. Ortiz. I'd love to see him win, because I'm a huge Babalu fan.
I can understand that the UFC doesn't want to have another Quarry/Franklin type fight, but Keith Jardine lost to Stephan Bonnar and Lambert got dominated by Rashad. Prior to his lost, I thought the UFC was grooming Forrest to be the next contender. So for now, I think it depends on if Rampage wins or not. If Rampage wins, he's going to fight Chuck first but if he loses I can see Rashad getting a chance. As for Diego, I can see him get the next shot after Matt Hughes(I'm going under the impression that Hughes had a rematch clause in his contract). And if he fights Koscheck, I don't think it would he would beat Josh as he did in TUF1.

I would also like to see Babalu win, so lets hope this match happens.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos