Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 27 of 27.
07:54 AM on 07/22/09
starseed
pen?
User Info.
I liked the demos that got leaked late last year so unless they drastically changed those demos I think I'll definitely be liking the official release. I think overall though it's less immediate and rocking than Everything You Want, even less so than Go. But I think they're still songs that have solid meaning behind them which is a breath of fresh air in today's empty musical climate.
09:11 AM on 07/22/09
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
As a huuuuuuuuuuuuge fan of 90s poprock, I'm surprised at all of the love for Everything You Want as a full album. I was incredibly disappointed by it and really felt the singles were the only good tracks. Granted that was way back when the album came out, but still.
09:34 AM on 07/22/09
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Yeah, Green River Ordinance is doing it for me this year. They are so good.
The new BTE album isn't that great. Sounds a lot like a Kevin Griffin solo album. It's worth a gander, but not terrific. As for the new J.R. Richards. Freaking A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. So solid.

Yeah, I can't really get into the new BTE album either, which is too bad because their last one was great.
10:23 AM on 07/22/09
Here It Goes
Registered Member
User Info.
I've always found Vertical Horizon's music very cliche, but somehow its usually good. This record isn't really very good though.
11:12 AM on 07/22/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
ABC Family
04:35 PM on 07/22/09
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I've always found Vertical Horizon's music very cliche, but somehow its usually good. This record isn't really very good though.

Agreed.
06:50 AM on 07/24/09
Intotheunkn0wn
User Info.
so dissapointing...I used to love this band. I'll still get some momentary enjoyment out of listening to the record, but from what it sounds it won't be much more than that...
06:29 AM on 07/27/09
lynnie
is rockin!!!
User Info.
I listened to these guys years ago with their album "Everything you want". One of the tracks I had on repeat was "Give you Back" - great tune.

It will be interesting to hear what this new album sounds like.
07:22 AM on 07/27/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
I listened to these guys years ago with their album "Everything you want". One of the tracks I had on repeat was "Give you Back" - great tune.

It will be interesting to hear what this new album sounds like.
Give You Back is my favorite on EYW. Nice call.
05:44 PM on 07/30/09
JNK JAMS
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm so stoked that they have a new cd out! I have been waiting!
05:44 PM on 07/30/09
mobow12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think the overall rating is unfair. I think that if marketed correctly, this album could be a comeback album (I didn't like their 2003 release at all.) I've only heard a few songs off the new one but it seems like a really base. I will buy the album.
01:06 PM on 07/31/09
mobow12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am happy they are making a return. The have a lot of talent that has yet to be tapped.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests