Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
10:35 AM on 07/23/09
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Lemonade, milk, and fish tacos. I just died laughing. Love these guys.
10:42 AM on 07/23/09
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
these guys are way to old to be making a music like this.
Why? Everyone would whine endlessly if they wrote a really "serious" record. They've made their name being bizarre, hilarious, and about as far from serious as you can get, and that's what they do well.
12:51 PM on 07/23/09
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
hahaha, that was entertaining. the singer looks like a douche though haha
He's actually a very, very nice dude. Part of the reason I will always support this band--the people.
03:49 PM on 07/23/09
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Is anyone really whining that blink182 wrote their untitled album? Not one immature joke in the whole album. But people accepted it and understood their growth. I guess BFS has just made a name for themselves as a funny band, with funny songs. You don' think they could ever evolve beyond that?
They've written some songs focusing on serious topics along the way, from "Pictures He Drew" to "99 Biker Friends" etc. I'm not going to go through their whole discography but I'd say at least 1-2 songs on each album has a serious angle to it.

Blink-182 evolved, yes. But I'd venture a guess that most kids aren't going to see them for songs off of the self-titled album. They're going for Dude Ranch, Enema, and TOYPAJ songs primarily.

If you wanted to bring up a band that evolved where kids aren't whining, I'd point out Green Day. They went from masturbation and hookers to politics and social issues, and it led to a smash hit of an album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos