Password

Album Review

He Is Legend - It Hates You Album Cover

He Is Legend - It Hates You

Reviewed by
He Is Legend - It Hates You
Record Label: Tragic Hero Records
Release Date: July 21,2009
This review is a user submitted review from pr0digy. You can see all of pr0digy's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
04:48 PM on 08/07/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
You couldn't be more wrong. SOTP is an absolutely fucking fantastic album and IAH is just generic metalcore. You obviously aren't a true fan because you want HIL to say the same and not grow and expand their horizons like all good band should do

As for this album I've heard a few songs and didn't care for them but I haven't listened to the entire album yet. Hopefully it grows on me
SOTP was better than IAH by so much... people who were expecting IAH 2.0 were just pissed because it took some time to get used to and they were impatient. It's really good once it's grown onto you. I've heard a couple of songs from this and it doesn't seem worth a 90% at all, but hopefully I'm wrong.
05:00 PM on 08/07/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
SOTP was my first introduction to He is Legend, I bought it solely because of the 90% staff member review on AP and my love for southern metal/rock. It was a grower but its now one of my all time favorite albums. I tried listening to IAH a year ago and I couldn't get into it all all and the only songs I liked were I am Hollywood and China White. After 10+ listens I gave up on it and just kept those two songs.

As for this album I abhorred the demos from awhile back and all of them made the cut. I'm listening to it right now and not really feeling it but at the same time I can tell its a grower. I can't take the reviewers views seriously because of his unnecessary hate towards SOTP
I know... absolutely unwarranted and ridiculous hatred for a past album makes what you say useless.
08:42 AM on 08/08/09
AnUnseenLove
i do not exist
User Info.
I love this album after three or four times through. I think that this one, like Suck Out the Poison, is a grower. I really like Schuylar's vocals on this album. Are there any guest vocals on this record? Particularly on "Everyone I Know Has Fangs"? I could've sworn that Andrew Schwab provides additional vocals at the end.
12:21 PM on 08/08/09
threepunchjim
the enemy is everywhere
User Info.
I love this album after three or four times through. I think that this one, like Suck Out the Poison, is a grower. I really like Schuylar's vocals on this album. Are there any guest vocals on this record? Particularly on "Everyone I Know Has Fangs"? I could've sworn that Andrew Schwab provides additional vocals at the end.
Schwab is bomb. Fantastic vocalist and lyricist. I've heard wonders about his poetry books, but I haven't got the chance to pick any up yet.
12:39 PM on 08/08/09
AnUnseenLove
i do not exist
User Info.
Schwab is bomb. Fantastic vocalist and lyricist. I've heard wonders about his poetry books, but I haven't got the chance to pick any up yet.

I totally agree. I read his book "It's All Downhill From Here" and loved it. It wasn't poems though, it was just like an inside look at the band from his perspective, on the road, playing shows, etc etc
12:57 PM on 08/08/09
DUSTINtheWind
User Info.
Wow.. I never understood why people had such a hatred for SOTP. People's voices change... Shit, grow up! To me SOTP was a strong maturation from IAH. With SOTP you get gritty vocals, and the kickass southern rock charm. My favorite songs were "Attack of the Dungeon Witch", "China White II", "Electronic Throat", and "((louds".

As far as It Hates You goes, it's definately a CD that has to grow on you. All of the songs are as gritty and powerful as SOTP. My favorite song is "Don't Touch That Dial", whoever these guys found as female backup vocalists is amazing!
03:11 PM on 08/08/09
ProtestedGyro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All of their albums are phenomenal. He Is Legend are one of the few bands that continues to grow and evolve. Like samey shit that never changes? Go listen to the last 3 albums by The Chariot.
03:13 PM on 08/08/09
ProtestedGyro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
God, pr0digy, you suck. So much hate for SOtP is unwarranted. Creepy fairy tale like songs with raspy vocals and southern rock. It was AWESOME. I try and respect opinions but this review is ridiculous. I agree about the album itself...but it's clear you wanna hate fuck SOtP or something. You love talking about hating it.
03:43 PM on 08/08/09
xJesusFreakx
duh please
User Info.
You couldn't be more wrong. SOTP is an absolutely fucking fantastic album and IAH is just generic metalcore. You obviously aren't a true fan because you want HIL to say the same and not grow and expand their horizons like all good band should do

As for this album I've heard a few songs and didn't care for them but I haven't listened to the entire album yet. Hopefully it grows on me

Wrong. You must have just a passing knowledge of IAH. There's just as much alternative rock as metalcore on there, if not more.

Oh, and I prefer old HIL to new HIL. How does that make me no longer a fan? I love the sound of their first EP and album, and SOTP bored me, but I didn't disregard them after that, and I do enjoy what I've heard from this album, though still not as much as their old sound. The fact that I don't give up on them should be a sign that I'm still a fan, and likewise for the user who reviewed this album.

I didn't want them to stay the same without growing or expanding their horizons; I just didn't enjoy the direction that they chose. Someone who mindlessly accepts everything that a band does is a fanboy, not a "true fan."
03:18 PM on 08/09/09
aspartame
so more to life
User Info.
all their albums have been amazing to this point. this album is confusing to say the least, a lot of the songs already being released more than a year prior was pretty odd. decisions was one of the greatest hil songs but they changed it and ruined its glory for the release. overall the thing that makes this album less than amazing is its replay value. doesn't really have too much compared to the others.

and i really dont understand why people got up in arms over sotp. it may have not been what they were doing before, but it was just as good.
06:53 PM on 08/09/09
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
I still can't get into this album.
09:26 AM on 08/13/09
pr0digy
You slit my throat, of all I know.
User Info.
God, pr0digy, you suck. So much hate for SOtP is unwarranted. Creepy fairy tale like songs with raspy vocals and southern rock. It was AWESOME. I try and respect opinions but this review is ridiculous. I agree about the album itself...but it's clear you wanna hate fuck SOtP or something. You love talking about hating it.
It's just an opinion, much the same that your opinion is that you enjoyed the album. No it wasn't my favorite album by them, and if it seems I unjustly hated on that album, sorry. But I still listen to that album on occasion, and just don't think it compares.
05:28 PM on 08/16/09
andihateyou
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
all their albums have been amazing to this point. this album is confusing to say the least, a lot of the songs already being released more than a year prior was pretty odd. decisions was one of the greatest hil songs but they changed it and ruined its glory for the release. overall the thing that makes this album less than amazing is its replay value. doesn't really have too much compared to the others.

and i really dont understand why people got up in arms over sotp. it may have not been what they were doing before, but it was just as good.
how exactly do you suppose they changed Decisions Decisions Decisions? The song is just the same as it was when they posted it on their myspace a year ago. its now just mixed and an electronic part added into the "bridge" part. also effects added onto the vocals. but they didn't change the song at all. that was just the demo version. i'm not tryin to bust your balls or anything, that comment just made me go "huh?" because its the same. oh well.
09:00 PM on 08/16/09
aspartame
so more to life
User Info.
how exactly do you suppose they changed Decisions Decisions Decisions? The song is just the same as it was when they posted it on their myspace a year ago. its now just mixed and an electronic part added into the "bridge" part. also effects added onto the vocals. but they didn't change the song at all. that was just the demo version. i'm not tryin to bust your balls or anything, that comment just made me go "huh?" because its the same. oh well.
did you not just list things that were changed? ... also, i dont remember a girl singing in the middle. i'm pretty sure they're significantly different. as a matter of fact, they are. but you're welcome to keep going "huh".

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos