AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 79
09:43 PM on 07/28/09
riseagainstfan
User Info.
I have a feeling Anthony Ranieri is turning into Brandon Flowers and just going to bash all popular bands for the sake of bashing them. Call me crazy, I just don't want Ant to become a prententious douchebag.
he doesnt make fun of bands cause they are popular if he did he would be making fun of 3oh!3 and The Devil Wears Prada. He makes fun of the bands he makes fun of because they are pathetic and are prime examples of how downhill music has gone. not to mention that bands he give like to like white gay affair, brokencyde, millionaire,etc are really fun and easy to make fun of
10:11 PM on 07/28/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Yeah. "Heartless"... which is another cover that uses Auto-Tune in the actual song.

But as far as their original songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcIHMTTofc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEnjjxW7fg0

Not only do they not have auto-tune on these but the guy can actually sing. If the guy had a horrible voice and used auto-tune to mask that I would understand why people would backlash. He probably just prefers to sing auto-tune for the pop cover songs to make it sound like the original or "cause it's fun" or whatever.

But yeah the talking w/ auto-tune is pretty annoying and pointless.
I just don't get that though. If he can really sing there's no reason for auto-tune to be used.
10:17 PM on 07/28/09
iam_theculprit
No more, I implore.
User Info.
I just don't get that though. If he can really sing there's no reason for auto-tune to be used.
It sounds cool! And it's "FUn."

/sarcasm

(I don't think it was a mistake that he capitalized the first two letters of that word.)
10:19 PM on 07/28/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
It sounds cool! And it's "FUn."

/sarcasm

(I don't think it was a mistake that he capitalized the first two letters of that word.)
Look at his earlier tweets, it's not a mistake. That's how you say FU when you're wearing neon.
10:53 PM on 07/28/09
tiannaj23
N/A
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
HECK YES!!!
"Take It Home" is by far my favourite song of theirs.
I canNOT wait to see the video!!!

(and I canNOT wait to see them at Warped)
11:10 PM on 07/28/09
YouSmellExcited
those who can't do run AP.net ;)
User Info.
He's not smart enough? What kind of sense does that make? Read some of TWTA's lyrics and compare them to anything Bayside has written. It'll be easy to see who is the more intelligent of the two.
not smart like that, he didn't think of becoming friends with neon bands so he just stalks shit & stays bitter
11:19 PM on 07/28/09
iam_theculprit
No more, I implore.
User Info.
not smart like that, he didn't think of becoming friends with neon bands so he just stalks shit & stays bitter
Because he knows the "neon bands" are a fad that's killing the scene and he doesn't want to be a part of it. Good for him.
11:43 PM on 07/28/09
TheCombatWombat
User Info.

He didn't think of becoming friends with them because they're all talentless cunts and no one with more than two braincells would listen to them, respect them, or befriend them.
11:45 PM on 07/28/09
YouSmellExcited
those who can't do run AP.net ;)
User Info.
He didn't think of becoming friends with them because they're all talentless cunts and no one with more than two braincells would listen to them, respect them, or befriend them.
not all of them...maybe just millionaires, brokencyde, and jeffree star
12:04 AM on 07/29/09
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
14 year olds wouldn't understand the impact bayside has made with their music

oh Christ,

shut the fuck up.

i mean seriously, come on.

this thread had nuttin to do with Ant until someone posted a random twitter thing earlier...

but seriously, Christ

as i mentioned before,
i've had bayside on the gunz show before,
i love bayside... i was at their headlining AP tours, and i was at where they were opening at the knitting factory a few years ago...

but you do realize Anthony is doing a solo album and direction in the fall, right?

and you also do realize, that Bayside, though amazing and awesome, is nothing revolutionary...
they are a hell of a lot better than most of the bands out there, and they have worked their asses off for years, and its awesome to see them get more exposure because they deserve it...
but, it's not like they are transforming music, etc...

or that they, as you said, "impcated the music 14 year olds listen to now..."

if u dont like twta that's fine, but atleast make a valid fuckin argument.
that's just stupid and i've seen your other posts and i know you're better than that

- Gunz
12:26 AM on 07/29/09
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
one more thing,

THIS IS FROM A YEAR AGO, in the Basement Stage of the Knitting Factory...
and listen to the vocals..
Chris can sing... he's got a really good live voice.
i mean fuck.
Will from Cartel is great too live, he can actually sing as well.

this was a little over a year ago, and guess what, Chris TWTA still hits the notes :)

oh yeh,
neon shirts have nothing to do wit TWTA, btw.

as i posted earlier, they were one of my first ten indie band of the week segments which was nearly 3 years ago...
so they aren't a "brokencyde, millionaires" and whomever else you want to lump bands into.

and here's a video of them, playing with "Kill Camera" just a little over a year ago on that tour, and there's no autotune..

04:26 AM on 07/29/09
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
The one that sounds like it's being sung through a microphone...
But really, his vocals in that one does not sound good. The kid singing along is better than him, unfortunately . Probably no wonder he uses auto-tune even while he's talking on stage.
06:05 AM on 07/29/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Holy lol. Bayside = Win.
06:58 AM on 07/29/09
provethatIexist
i must have read a thousand faces
User Info.
anthony from bayside is a bitter little bitch who needs to stfu & accept the fact that whining isn't gonna make 14 year olds like his "band"
08:51 AM on 07/29/09
L.Steezy
cursed by my imagination
User Info.
I don't understand why members of bands find it neccesary to "call out" other bands for no reason. I mean find TWTA uses autotune and they've acknowledged it, they are allowed to use it if they want. If you don't like that sort of thing then there are a lot of bands who don't use it who you can listen to instead.

Anthony is obviously allowed to have his opinion but it's shitty to not only put down the band but also put down the members of said band. I've met all the guys from TWTA and they've been nothing but nice to me..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos