Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 54 of 54.
09:43 PM on 07/29/09
sofaraway
We're so far away.
User Info.
I bought "U.S Songs" and I so miss "False Cathedrals." I think tomorrow i'll give them a listen. Thanks AP.net for bringing up bands that i so often forget about.
10:57 PM on 07/29/09
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
yes, love Elliott. Classic band.
06:06 AM on 07/30/09
kneifelspy
She never sleeps.
User Info.
One of my all time favorite bands. "Waiting While Under Paralysis" off "If They Do" is possibly their best song, and a huge inspiration to me as a songwriter.
06:41 AM on 07/30/09
JohnGarrighan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Elliot was amazing. I never got to see them. But a friend of mine, Jerimiah Momper, who recorded some guitar tracks on The Transition Radio EP had the pleasure of touring with them in the late 90's prior to his departure from another influential band from that time.

I have a soft spot for Elliot, because a lady friend with whom I was staying with off and on while finishing an album in early 2003 had a knack from playing False Cathedrals. The song drive on to me works as some sort of sonic pheremones. Love Making soon follows.
08:32 AM on 07/30/09
Jacktheskipper
Coffeebreath & Heartache
User Info.
No words yet about Falling Forward or the "new" band Frontier(s) ... both equally awesome, everyone into Elliott should checkt them out ...
05:20 PM on 07/30/09
logantogovcentr
--
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
elliott was anthemic to me. they wrote simple and genius songs. what's with the lack of love for song in the air, though? the last record was fantastic, albeit no u.s. or cathedrals, but they expanded and still wrote brilliantly. if only there were more bands like this still making music...

stoked on frontier(s), too.
09:09 PM on 07/30/09
Keith21
User Info.
I just bought Song In The Air on vinyl a couple weeks ago. That album is incredible. There's nothing better to listen to when you just feel chill. I highly recommend that album. False Cathedrals was great - but Song In The Air was a classic.

Bought both of those on vinyl and they are so great to just chill to.

No words yet about Falling Forward or the "new" band Frontier(s) ... both equally awesome, everyone into Elliott should checkt them out ...

going to have to check this out.
12:04 AM on 07/31/09
mikeaftw
mikeaftw
User Info.
the last time i saw them was @ krazy fest in louisville in 01. it was one of the best live sets i've ever seen. earlier that year i happened to be in louisville for the x games trials and stumbled into a record store where i bought an elliot t shirt. the guy gave it to me for free saying he wanted that shit out of there cause he used to play guitar in the band and now hated them!
06:34 PM on 07/31/09
skellorock
User Info.
if False Cathedrals doesn't fit into your definition of "emo" as a musical style, then it never existed, and isn't worthy of this album, i mean every friggin song, classic, blessed by your own ghost, drive on to me, that coulda been on the radio, deserved to be, still does.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS