Username
Password

08:25 PM on 07/29/09 
User Info.
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
NJ / NYC
Male
Thursday / The Fall of Troy / Young Widows / Moving Mountains @ Philadelphia 9/18

http://intunemusiconline.com/2009/09/18/thursday-the-fall-of-troy-young-widows-moving-mountains-philadelphia-918/

For the Workforce, Drowning
Between Rupture and Rapture
Division St.
The Other Side Of The Crash/Over and Out (of Control)
Paris in Flames
Understanding in a Car Crash
Autobiography of a Nation
Friends in the Armed Forces
Beyond the Visible Spectrum
Signals Over the Air
Circuits of Fever
Sugar in the Sacrament
Jet Black New Year
Love Had Let Us Astray
06:44 AM on 08/24/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Does anybody know what songs from Common Existence have bee played live so far? I really hope they play You Were the Cancer at my date. Its hands down the best song on CE and one of Thursday's best songs ever.

1. Resuscitation Of A Dead Man
2. Last Call
3. As He Climbed The Dark Mountain
4. Friends In The Armed Forces
5. Beyond The Visible Spectrum
8. Circuits Of Fever

The only Common Existence songs to be played live. I've seen them all :)

-ACA
07:50 AM on 08/24/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Why does Thursday also choose to exclude their best songs from theiir shows and always play the same old shit? I l really love them but all three times I have seen them they pretty much played the same songs. each time. What a slap in the face to their fans they could at least change up their setlists once in awhile. In case you were wondering I am on my period

To a certain extent, I agree.. there's five songs you will hear at EVERY Thursday show:

Understanding in a Car Crash
Jet Black New Year
For the Workforce, Drowning
Signals Over the Air
Division St

And these four songs are pretty much guaranteed as well:

Other Side of the Crash
At this Velocity
Resuscitation of a Dead Man
Friends in the Armed Forces

So right there you're looking at 9 songs you'll hear at 90% of the Thursday shows.. leaving room for about five more in their setlist.. which usually rotates between:

Autobiography of a Nation
Cross Out the Eyes
Paris in Flames
How Long is the Night?
Between Rupture and Rapture
Into the Blinding Light
Dead Songs

Rare inclusions (you get 1-2 of these per show):

Concealer
This Song Brought to You
War All The Time
M. Shephard
Sugar in the Sacrament
The Lovesong Writer

I'm really hoping they mix it up a lot this tour and that they do a sixteen-song setlist or so. "Subway Funeral", "Love Has Led Us Astray", and "You Were the Cancer" had better make the cut.. toss in "Resuscitation of a Dead Man" and "Friends in the Armed Forces" and that should be a good five songs from Common Existence.

-ACA
06:23 AM on 08/25/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
if those are the rare inclusions, then i feel extremely awesome for havin seen "standing on the edge of summer" live at toad's

That's really, really rare. I could probably count the number of times I've seen it on one hand, and I've seen Thursday 30+ times I think.

-ACA
04:04 PM on 08/25/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
They played Standing on the Edge of Summer quite a bit when they were touring on Full Collapse, but yeah, hardly ever anymore. The real treat at the Toad's show was seeing Tomorrow I'll Be You played for the second time ever live.

If you mean Winter 2008..

They've played it about ten times between 2003-2008. I've seen a handful of the performances.. each time, sadly, wasn't very good.

-ACA
04:09 PM on 08/25/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Has Geoff, or any other Thursday memeber, ever stated why they don't vary their setlist and also refuse to play many songs.

Sort of, but not exactly. It's because not everyone has seen Thursday 5+ times. If you were seeing Thursday for the first time, staples like "Car Crash" and "Jet Black" would be heartbreaking not to hear.

The band has addressed frequency sometimes on a song-by-song basis.

Geoff told me they still playing "Counting 5-4-3-2-1" is because the song is so personal (and very old, written during Full Collapse). I really hope it doesn't come back on this tour, though.. it's probably their weakest song.

The band really can't pull off "Tomorrow I'll Be You" (lack of practice, lack of performances).

Geoff told me he was really excited to begin mixing "Concealer" back in.

Geoff doesn't like to sing "War All the Time" because it's too personal.

etc etc

-ACA
05:30 PM on 08/25/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Word. I feel like they wrote that song just to appease the label and give them a single. The video is pretty dope though

I figured that was the reason behind certain songs not being played. Have Alseep in the Chapel and Running From the Rain, two of my fav Thursday songs, ever been played live?.

I know This Side of Brightness is occasionly played acoustically but why isn't Waiting stuff played anymore? Do you know what point in they stopped playing Waiting songs?

1) I feel that way, too. But I don't know, Geoff said it was an old song. Maybe.

2) "Asleep in the Chapel" was never played live. "Running from the Rain" was played live around the release of ACBTLD, but I haven't seen it in the lineup for a long time.

3) "This Side of Brightness" was last played the day after they filmed 22 songs form KTHL (of which only 10 saw a release) at a very small secret performance.. along with other rare FC songs and most of Waiting.

Hit up my site ( www.intunemusiconline.com ) and click on "Thursday".. I've got about 10 reviews of their shows lately (I didn't start writing reviews til about 2006) and a lot of them have setlists, if you're interested :)

-ACA
05:34 PM on 08/25/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Seeing them play that song at TOC was one of the most amazing experiences. But yeah, I can kind of tell that the song is personal just with the way Geoff sings it.

I really wish I could go to the War All The Time show because "Marches & Maneuvers" is one of my favorite Thursday songs and I'm almost certain that won't be a regular on the setlist.

"Marches" is a great song. I've always seen it (completely musically, not lyrically) as "Autobiography of a Nation" Part 2. That song is very rare, and I'm not sure they've played it since 2003/2004. You know what it's about, lyrically?

-ACA
09:43 AM on 08/26/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Do you know when they phased Waiting songs out of their setlist?

A long time ago.

On the Full Collapse tour, they were playing only 2-3 Waiting songs a night on an 11 song setlist.

By the time War All the Time came out, I'm pretty sure Waiting was gone from regular rotation.

There are two awesome shows I wish I had setlists for:

September 2003 (post WATT) - TLA
August 2003 (right before WATT) - First Unitarian Church

They would perfectly illustrate what I'm talking about.
06:32 AM on 09/14/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Has "Autumn Leaves Revisited" ever been played live before? (sorry if this already got mentioned, I went back a few pages and didn't see anything about it.)

It was the closer on their setlist during the tour with Rise Against.

-ACA
02:26 PM on 09/15/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
They closed with it on their headlining tour w/ Murder By Death in early 07 also.

Had no idea, as that tour didn't come to NJ/NYC/Philly, sadly.

-ACA
08:31 AM on 09/21/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Not sure if it was that tour but I know Thursday plowed the Warsaw in Brooklyn in the spring of 2007.

http://intunemusiconline.com/2007/03...on-warsaw-313/

Thursday / The Number Twelve Looks Like You / Paulson @ NYC 3/13/2007

For The Workforce, Drowning
The Otherside Of th Crash/Over And Out (Of Control)
Understanding In A Car Crash
Signals Over The Air
Counting 5-4-3-2-1
At This Velocity
Division St.
Into The Blinding Light
Jet Black New Year
This Song Brought To You By A Falling Bomb
Cross Out The Eyes
Autobiography Of A Nation
Concealer
Autumn Leaves Revisited
10:38 AM on 09/22/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
i think, unfortunately due to the lukewarm reception of CE, they are a bit reluctant to play 8 or 7+ ce songs at one show. explains teh WATT and FC shows too. i loce CE, and really want to see all these songs live, but thursday keeps holding onto their hits, and what everyone loved and makes sure everyone hears them. this is one band that i wouldnt "just want to hear the old stuff" at.

Still no "You Were the Cancer".. so disappointing. That song is the best thing they've written since "For the Workforce, Drowning", I think.

-ACA
08:20 PM on 09/22/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
For the record, songs the band has played live from Common Existence:

Resuscitation Of A Dead Man
Last Call
As He Climbed The Dark Mountain
Friends In The Armed Forces
Beyond The Visible Spectrum
Circuits Of Fever
Subway Funeral
Love Has Led Us Astray

Missing:

Time's Arrow
Unintended Long Term Effects
You Were The Cancer
all b-sides
09:05 AM on 09/23/09 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
when did they play subway funeral? they def didnt play it at my TOC date and they havent played it on this tour yet either .. im just curious thats all

They toured Europe between those two dates and played it over in Germany.

It's one of my favorite songs from Common Existence.. the drumming is just spectacular. I would love to hear it.. it's the only song the band has played live that I have not experienced :/

-ACA

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version