Username
Password
Recommended News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recommended
Inside AP.net

Staff Recommendations (03/19/06)

Posted by: Frank Giaramita (03/19/06)
Check out the staff recommendations below (click 'Read More' to see all of them).

Frank: It's been a while...
Darren: My recs are right here.
Ryan: Here ya go.
Rohan: Oceans Firing, Vaya, Colour Revolt, Forever Changed.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
02:37 AM on 03/19/06
bung
Peel slowly and see
User Info.
i recommend interpol because turn on the bright lights and antics are both incredible albums that should be listened to by all.

also listen to antarctica (if you're into the new-wavey kinda thing) and jimi hendrix because i just watched the a&e biography on him and remembered how great his songs are.
02:48 AM on 03/19/06
splutton
Voices
User Info.
I <3 Sunday recs!
05:28 AM on 03/19/06
LilRyan732
Token Blackie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by bung
i recommend interpol because turn on the bright lights and antics are both incredible albums that should be listened to by all.

also listen to antarctica (if you're into the new-wavey kinda thing) and jimi hendrix because i just watched the a&e biography on him and remembered how great his songs are.
link? (to antarctica)
09:10 AM on 03/19/06
byebyebeautiful
conor is not scene.
User Info.
whispertown2000 - they were recommended last week, but i just saw them with jenny lewis and loved them. they're cute.
johnathan rice - i also saw him with jenny lewis. amazing, as well. i'd recommend jenny herself, but i don't really think i need to.
les savy fav - i wish i could've seen them live. loud art-rock.
the undertow orchestra - www.bradleysalmanac.com to find out about it. you won't be disappointed.
tarkio - colin meloy's old band. not as good as the decemberists, but it's colin meloy.

xoxo conor
09:12 AM on 03/19/06
quitmyscene
skin, bones, blood, teeth
User Info.
any/all mario games for N64. yeah.
09:29 AM on 03/19/06
Brian Seeders
User Info.
09:43 AM on 03/19/06
fire on my lips
COME ON YOU SPURS
User Info.
i recommend drinking on st patty's day, L4yer Cake, randomly listening to Danger Mouse once every six months and tieing dozens of balloons to your friend's car.
09:48 AM on 03/19/06
catscradle
likes his chicken spicy
User Info.
V for Vendetta!
10:06 AM on 03/19/06
savedarfur6
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
STARS-set yourself on fire
Rilo Kiley-more adventurous
Broken social scene-self titled
Leona naess-self titled
10:23 AM on 03/19/06
sweetforever
User Info.
Lydia - This December; It's One More and I'm Free
Rookie of the Year - The Goodnight Moon
This Providence - Our World's Divorce
Forgive Durden
10:26 AM on 03/19/06
Kelley Nicole
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
whispertown 2000 - livin' in a dream
yes i'm recommending them for the umpteenth time, but since i just saw them again on tuesday and was able to pick up their album, i need to recommend them again. i know people either like or hate morgan's voice, but i really love it and this album is definitely going to be one of my favorites of the year. which is really nice, because it's been one of my most anticipated releses for the past year and a half. i love when albums live up to my expectations. ahh i love it.

oh yeah and they totally upstaged jenny lewis and the watsons. what a snooze fest their set was. even jonathan rice and his fairly crappy music managed to upstage jenny just because his banter was so damn good.

the watson twins - southern manners
i've had this ep since mid january, and it's finally grown on me. really beautiful.
10:33 AM on 03/19/06
zbrmike79
Ran Away From Home
User Info.
Originally Posted by catscradle
V for Vendetta!

yes...

also Men, Women & Children's CD comes out tuesday...
10:33 AM on 03/19/06
resUrectMe617
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Brighten....can't stop listening to that "Friends for Lovers" track on their purevolume. i love it, and i can't wait to see them with Eisley at the end of this month. give them some live and hit up their sites.

Farewell Flight....they remind me of Death Cab, but some of the vocals remind me of early Brand New- give it a listen for yourself and see what you make of them. i think they're catchy as smooth..and if anyone in NYC is interested in checking them out, they are playing Arlenes Grocery the 2nd week of April.

Say Anything....on repeat a lot on my ipod, "Woe."

Death Cab for Cutie....Something About Airplanes, i love "Bend to Squares" and "Champagne". the old stuff is sweet.
10:44 AM on 03/19/06
Rich Duncan
Album Reviewer
User Info.
Student Rick "Soundtrack For A Generation" - Can't stop listening to "Falling For You" and "Hideaway"

Knapsack "Day Three of My New Life"- My favorite Knapsack album. "Thursday Side Of the Street", "Decorate The Spine", and "Boxing Gloves" are amazing.

Acceptance "Phantoms"
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums